A Very Basic Question

Guest jake_cdn

In writing some reponses to threads recently I have struggled with describing the time spent with ladies arranged through this site.

Is there a proper way or a preferred way to refer to this time?

Is it a(n);

... appointment

... session

... meeting

... rendez-vous

... time spent with

... arrangement

... booking

... visit

... scheduled time

... tryst

I know it is a simple question but one that I am sure is struggled with by everyone on this board.

What is your preference?

I really think it's all up to the person. It says something about their personality and how they express themselves ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest jake_cdn
I really think it's all up to the person. It says something about their personality and how they express themselves ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

True but I also believe that it says something about respect and professioanlism.

I know that it can just be symantics but sometimes the chosen words belittle the experience and respect for individuals. Agreed people express themselves in different ways but how they express themselves often reflects their true thoughts and may impact another's perception of the individual.

Personally, I use mainly session or appointment, but they all work to different degrees. The only one from your list that I would not use is tryst.

• Like 1

Guest AdamK
In writing some reponses to threads recently I have struggled with describing the time spent with ladies arranged through this site.

Is there a proper way or a preferred way to refer to this time?

Is it a(n);

... appointment

... session

... meeting

... rendez-vous

... time spent with

... arrangement

... booking

... visit

... scheduled time

... tryst

I know it is a simple question but one that I am sure is struggled with by everyone on this board.

What is your preference?

Of the examples you've provided I prefer "rendezvous" as it gives an air of secrecy to the encounter, and discretion is important to both parties involved.

To this point I have been using the terms meeting or appointment. Both sound rather cold to some degree, but words such a tryst or rendezvous to me almost imply participation in something that is "not quite right."

Semantics and interpretation can sometimes be taxing, so to each his or her own.

Appointment, to me, has a clinical ring to it...I've used it a couple times myself, but why do I feel like I am arranging to go to a doctor's office LOL

A term I more often use, is encounter

I like using the term date. To me, it conveys what this is all about. A date with a lady. (yes, a paid date, but date nevertheless) But some ladies don't like this term, others don't mind. And no, I'm not delusional, thinking this is leading to a relationship.

My thoughts on the subject

RG

Call it what you're comfortable calling it.. any of those terms are acceptable given the context.

Really does not matter,does it? what we call our hour or more "getaway" (yes a new one!)any options above are fine except tryst I never used that before and would not personally.

• Like 1

Just seems to be more fun when you call it a vacation! :icon_smile:

I've always enjoyed my vacations with you Cathy!

Lol I like that:) all you can eat at your mini vacation, an all inclusive Cathy resort ;)

Myself as well, and ..... we sure can pack a lot into our vacation, sort of like an all inclusive. ;)

It really isn't important to me what it is called. However, I think I have more often tried to mirror the language that the lady uses in her ads/website. If she says it is a meeting then that is what it is, if she likes encounter then I'm ready for that. However I think for most it might be more of habit than preference. As long as any negative words are avoided and the communication overall is positive and respectful I think any label for the 'rencontre' would be fine.

Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

Lol I like that:) all you can eat at your mini vacation, an all inclusive Cathy resort ;)

Ugh shoot, now I'm hungry.

Partial to the term "visit," but like to mix it up with "encounter."

Start your engines gentlemen, rumour has it Cathy may visit Ottawa this spring. Sorry to go off topic OP.

You know that is something that I never really gave much tought to, he does raise an interesting question though. In my mind it really does not matter as long you you post with a positive iintent most people will walk right ove what word you use. I have been liking I have spent time with ...........lately.

Guest jake_cdn
A term I more often use, is encounter

RG ... I like encounter and it is one that I have not used. Good suggestion.

There have been some comments about the use of tryst and I agree. I would never use that term but it has been used on this board.

I've said "Tryst" (gasp!) lol

I think it reflects more of my sassy naughty side and use use it when feeling especially randy ;-)

How about "Randy time" ;)