I strongly dislike it when people say "A certain SP on this board is doing X but I won't tell you who or report it to mod" because then people cast their gaze t all of us. It's not fair! If you can't say who you are talking about, maybe it best not to be mentioned.

Another member did this recently and claimed that a well-known SP on this board had "severe mental illness/psychosis" but he would not say who. Now everyone casts their eyes at us trying to figure out who!

• Like 5

I strongly dislike it when people say "A certain SP on this board is doing X but I won't tell you who or report it to mod" because then people cast their gaze t all of us. It's not fair! If you can't say who you are talking about' date=' maybe it best not to be mentioned.

Another member did this recently and claimed that a well-known SP on this board had "severe mental illness/psychosis" but he would not say who. Now everyone casts their eyes at us trying to figure out who![/quote']

Megan, I tried to give you rec points but I gotta spread it around lol.

It's true, the whole "i'm not gonna say who, but...." is just stupid. Either name and report or don't say anything at all. Honestly it seems like the whole original post has lots missing, being added and subtracted, "I didn't say that exactly", "I meant this", blah blah blah. The story keeps changing and all it's done is make ladies suspect, and encourage ugly stereotypes.

Seems like it has done more harm than good. Too Bad.

• Like 5

Megan, I tried to give you rec points but I gotta spread it around lol.

It's true, the whole "i'm not gonna say who, but...." is just stupid. Either name and report or don't say anything at all. Honestly it seems like the whole original post has lots missing, being added and subtracted, "I didn't say that exactly", "I meant this", blah blah blah. The story keeps changing and all it's done is make ladies suspect, and encourage ugly stereotypes.

Seems like it has done more harm than good. Too Bad.

I really don't even know what possessed him to start the thread. And it's spun from a SP asking for a reco to write a reco for reduced rate.

It seems suspicious to me, but in fairness wait till he provides the name to the MOD (if he does)

But if what is said is true, he should have reported it to the MOD to begin with, instead of turning it into a long running thread with twists and turns like a book

RG

• Like 3

I'm struggling to state it properly, but here goes: even today, mental health issues are not perceived as other health issues, to the extent that it may be consider embarassing and 'shameful'. Yet, who would be ashamed of having one form or another of cancer?

As for the very unfortunate comments from a member (comments I have not seen), on the basis of available information (little to none) they appear baseless, somewhat low, and not in the spirit of CERB. They should be given no credit, even though they can hurt some fellow members.

Best

• Like 2

I had the chance to discuss with Apex, a little while ago, and I really don't think he's the kind of guy to start story to be the center of attention, but even if no harm was meant, it has been a very bad initiative to start this thread.

In the other hand, bringing stuff like this in public is surely a good way for people to become suspicious, wich is pretty bad for this website.

I would suggest that this thread is close, and dealt(?) with the council(?).

I'm struggling to state it properly, but here goes: even today, mental health issues are not perceived as other health issues, to the extent that it may be consider embarassing and 'shameful'. Yet, who would be ashamed of having one form or another of cancer?

As for the very unfortunate comments from a member (comments I have not seen), on the basis of available information (little to none) they appear baseless, somewhat low, and not in the spirit of CERB. They should be given no credit, even though they can hurt some fellow members.

Best

Very True!!!!

For some reason when we look at illnesses, disabilities, etc. that are physical there is much support given to the individual, but when it is mental suddenly the person has something to hide, very little support, and is precieved as a leper-someone to avoid and look down upon. Definitely something that needs to change in our society. What is "Normal" anyways?

To get the thread back on track, I agree with Grasshopper, we should close the thread. It's now between the Mod and Apex and if need be, council.

Then it's for them to decide if we need know the name of the person or not, because right now, it's pure speculation as to who it might be and like Megan inferred, this damages us all.

It is not the fact that people mention that they appreciate a recommendation, this person told me to start a account here on CERB to post a reco for this person. In return she would give me a half price service.

Let's be clear!!!! Mentioning that a review is always appreciated, is not an issue!

Bribing into a review! big issue!

Bribing someone to write a favourable review or recommendation is a serious problem, in my opinion. I don't want to be associated with a paid companion who does this because it demeans all of us who would never do such a thing. It also encourages potential clients to think that they can pressure us into lowering our rates, or to do things they haven't been offered by using recommendations and/or reviews as incentives or threats.

I consider making unsubstantiated claims against nameless paid companions to be harmful because it may incline potential clients to question not only the validity of the recommendations they read but also the quality of engagement they may expect from all companions. In this way, such claims can function as a slam against every one of us.

I hope Apex is able to give Mod a name or names to back up his statements.

• Like 1

Technically he can not "OUT" the person in the public on cerb here and I think his point was to make everyone know that this is not acceptable.

but.... Asking to leave some comments about the service on cerb if the guy had a good time is not against the rules and many business's do this.... but asking to "Trade" / "Barter" / "Discount" / "Etc.." in exchange for a recommendation is VERY WRONG. I really do not see anything wrong with saying "Be sure to let others know you had a good time if your a member on cerb". The lady would be helping to promote the cerb site and she would be helping to promote her own business as happy customers could give a recommendation.

Please guys, if you are propositioned with something unethical in exchange for a recommendation PLEASE let me know and ladies if any guy here ever offers to give you a recommendation but wants a discount/freebie/or anything in exchange for his recommendation please let me know about that too. (As this could happen both ways)

I am just glad we do not have to deal with stuff like BAD guys threatening to write negative comments if the girl does not give them a discount or free service (Extortion issues) that other boards (especially in the USA) have been accused of in the past.

Having the no negative review policy here makes it much harder for these BAD guys to exploit the ladies this way.

To get the thread back on track, I agree with Grasshopper, we should close the thread. It's now between the Mod and Apex and if need be, council.

Then it's for them to decide if we need know the name of the person or not, because right now, it's pure speculation as to who it might be and like Megan inferred, this damages us all.

I agree with you Angela.

Guest f***2f***

Let's get back on track. The subject was about SPs asking for a review and Apex said it bugs him.

I personally don't have a problem with this. If the lady and I had a good time and she provided stellar service I like to make sure my fellow hobbyists know about it. Let's face it this can only improve things.

As Mia said the ladies can learn from the reco what worked well and perhaps what did not work so well and thus improve their service. For Hobbyists it helps to be able to make a decision about seeing a lady or not.

I do rely heavily on recos in my decision making just as I do in every other service I seek. If a friend tells me about a good movie or a good show...I'm probably going to go and see it based on their reco.

I usually beat the ladies to the punch by asking them if they would mind if I write a review. I usually pass it by them in a draft form to make sure they don't mind what Ive said, especially about services offered....ymmv stuff you know.

Let's get back on track. The subject was about SPs asking for a review and Apex said it bugs him.

I personally don't have a problem with this. If the lady and I had a good time and she provided stellar service I like to make sure my fellow hobbyists know about it. Let's face it this can only improve things.

As Mia said the ladies can learn from the reco what worked well and perhaps what did not work so well and thus improve their service. For Hobbyists it helps to be able to make a decision about seeing a lady or not.

I do rely heavily on recos in my decision making just as I do in every other service I seek. If a friend tells me about a good movie or a good show...I'm probably going to go and see it based on their reco.

I usually beat the ladies to the punch by asking them if they would mind if I write a review. I usually pass it by them in a draft form to make sure they don't mind what Ive said, especially about services offered....ymmv stuff you know.

What is you don't have a good time, and she asks for a reco? What do you do then?

• Like 1

Guest f***2f***

I would be honest and say I don't feel comfortable writing a reco.

This started as a thread about being asked for a reco/review by a sp...a sp btw according to the thread that provides fantastic service.

It has spun to being asked for reviews/reco for reduced rate.

The lady shouldn't ask, I assuming here, for a review/reco.

But guys can find out about great ladies through word of mouth...which, to me is reading the review/reco section

But is it wrong to ask? You are having a very intimate interpersonal connection with a lady, but she can't ask if a reco could be written???

How does a lady communicate...telepathy

And on the flip side, if a guy needs a reference, how does he ask?

Something that benefits both the lady (it is her livelihood) and the guys (they can know about and arrange to meet a great lady) why not write a reco/review (if deserved)

Asking for a reco/review in exchange for reduced rate..wrong, period...it's a bought reco...not worth the paper it's written on

Sorry, getting a headache now, need a tylenol

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Guest f***2f***
This started as a thread about being asked for a reco/review by a sp...a sp btw according to the thread that provides fantastic service.

It has spun to being asked for reviews/reco for reduced rate.

The lady shouldn't ask, I assuming here, for a review/reco.

But guys can find out about great ladies through word of mouth...which, to me is reading the review/reco section

But is it wrong to ask? You are having a very intimate interpersonal connection with a lady, but she can't ask if a reco could be written???

How does a lady communicate...telepathy

And on the flip side, if a guy needs a reference, how does he ask?

Something that benefits both the lady (it is her livelihood) and the guys (they can know about and arrange to meet a great lady)

Asking for a reco/review in exchange for reduced rate...no wrong, period...it's a bought reco...not worth the paper it's written on

Sorry, getting a headache now, need a tylenol

RG

I agree and on the flip side a gentleman should never ask to have a reduced rate for writing a reco...that is just wrong!

I certainly would have to question why the OP chose to mention the situation in his post especially given he knew the SP would likely read the post. It certainly does come across as passive aggresive at the very least.

A simple "should SPs ouright ask for reviews?" would suffice. There really is no need to get into specifics especially since OP says he has no interest in exposing anyone.

I do agree outright asking is probably poor form but in the large scale of things it is such a small issue compared to what really matters. I can't imagine it being a factor in not returning if the overall experience was extremely positive.

It reminds me a of a popular website many of your are likely familiar with used to rate university professors. One of my better one's would ask at the end of the year for students to place positive reviews on the site if they enjoyed her teaching. Since she was a sessional and therefore did not have tenure it was important to her to have students enrolled in her courses.

Now this certainly was a turn off somewhat and tarnished her ratings but that did not change the fact she was an amazing prof.

I suppose a middle ground might be to ask in the description of your services/schedules for reviews if gentleman feel they are warranted. That way no direct asking is done but the profile lets others know it is appreciated.