As I watch news clips I see more and more each day of the pomp and ceremony that is associated with the upcoming royal wedding.

Tradition and ceremony DO have a great deal to be said for them, but at the same time I wonder what others think, or is this more of a media manufactured event?

Any SP's like to be that "commoner" and then be married into such a public position?

ARE we as interested in this as the media wants us to be?

Will you watch the wedding ceremony?

Anyone besides me think that Kate is hot? :) Or, from the other side of the coin, William?

Any and all comments will be of interest.

No I won't watch it, and no I really don't care about it at all like the media does. There is more important issues going on in the world today,that require more attention then a Royal Wedding.

I guess the disaster in Japan, has fallen to one of the last news issue after the Royal Wedding.

I have little to no interest in the Monarchy. I respect the tradition of the Monarchy in our society, politics, etc. but as a whole I could care a less. As Pete has already pointed out there are more important things to pay attention to in the world.

However in regards to the following question, asked by mrnice2, yes I most certainly do find Kate to be "hot."

Anyone besides me think that Kate is hot?

kate-middleton.jpg

No I am not a Royal watcher and don't really have an interest in the Prince and his fiancee.

I was too young to watch Prince Charles' and Lady Diana's wedding and will most likely pale in comparison to the 1981 nuptials. I did meet the Princess of Wales on a Royal Tour to Canada when I was a Girl Guide and was lucky enough to get a picture with her. Such a nice woman..

I am a romantic at heart and am a girl who loves fairy tales, so yes if I am not on a plane I will watch it if I have time. Yes, there are way more important things going on in the world, but I am still curious to see the festivities.

No prince William does not do it for me, Kate on the other hand is very attractive.

I think the wedding is the perfect example of everything that's wrong with the western media. A completely manufactured nonevent gets coverage like this, while the mountains of legitimate issues get little to no coverage(or interest from viewers/readers). I blame the "consumers" of mainstream media as much as I do the media themselves.

That being said, yes, Kate is hot.

Ha ha when will you boys stop thinking that the fact that a woman/man considers someone from the same gender attractive does not mean he/she is attracted to that person. I know is not what you meant, just teasing you ;).

Anyone else experiencing a mental picture?:makeout:

I will watch it if happen to be free. Is true that there are more important matters that we should worry about and is exactly because I and many others do that events like this keep people distracted from their worries for a little while :)

It will come on too early in the morning to watch for me...I'll be in bed

If I am awake, I'll be getting ready to go fishing, or maybe see a lady

Normally I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to go to a family/friends wedding, why watch one on tv

And as for Kate, yes attractive, but not as attractive as alot of the ladies I've met since taking up this wonderful hobby

RG

It's a manufactured event, since the monarchy is almost irrelevant to us, and even in the UK itself. To their credit, the young Windsors seem to acknowledge that; they're living their lives within the confines of their inherited civic duty, but otherwise don't seem to take their position more seriously than is necessary. (I'm thinking of Edward asking to be made Earl of Wessex after watching Colin Firth as the villainous buffoon of that name in Shakespeare in Love.)

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand I recognize the superficiality of the monarchy, dangling like a pointless appendix from our modern structure of government. On the other hand, I respect the potential role of old traditions in countering the "Buy this month's flavour!" consumer culture we live in. Once these ancient and seemingly useless things are gone, what's left that can speak to us with more authority than a television commercial?

I just can't bare to watch it... this wedding is a stab to the heart for me !! Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be Prince Williams Princess Bride !! lol

Sadly, there goes my fairy tale ending... lol

I think the wedding is the perfect example of everything that's wrong with the western media. A completely manufactured nonevent gets coverage like this, while the mountains of legitimate issues get little to no coverage(or interest from viewers/readers). I blame the "consumers" of mainstream media as much as I do the media themselves.

That being said, yes, Kate is hot.

+1000 on Kate ... she is an extremely attractive and (from what I have heard) well spoken young lady.

I respectfully disagree that it is just staged or a non-event. Historically, it is very significant as it is the marriage of someone who is directly in line for the British Monarchy, so that's gotta count for something. I am not fascinated by the royals or anything like that (I think Prince Charles is a little off his rocker), but I Diana's boys have grown up quite well.

+1000 on Kate ... she is an extremely attractive and (from what I have heard) well spoken young lady.

I respectfully disagree that it is just staged or a non-event. Historically, it is very significant as it is the marriage of someone who is directly in line for the British Monarchy, so that's gotta count for something. I am not fascinated by the royals or anything like that (I think Prince Charles is a little off his rocker), but I Diana's boys have grown up quite well.

I agree in regards to the Son's growing up well. It's a heart wrenching, life changing experience when a parent dies. Couple that with having to come to terms with it and trying to go forward with your life when all the while you're under public scrutiny, being published in tabloids and such. Well christ, I doubt any of us on here have had to contend with such a personal thing in such a public manner. I 'm not a cheerleader for the Monarchy, but I give big respect to the princes for dealing with such a hardship so publicly with such grace.

Let's face it, how many current hollywood celebutards would come through even half this much and still be relatively functional human beings?

No I am not interested in the wedding but if they split, I definitely find Kate HOT and know I would not kick her out of my bed on a cold night!

Just my 2 cents!

Not only is there so much coverage about the upcoming nuptials but now they are airing programs about the dysfunction and past dirty laundry of the Royal Family. It's too much!!

I saw Charles and Diana's wedding on TV and it's obvious that comparisons will be made. I may tune in just for the highlights. I think of the money that is being spent on this and believe there are betters ways it might have been used to help the less fortunate.

Edited by Mature Angela

No I am not interested in the wedding but if they split, I definitely find Kate HOT and know I would not kick her out of my bed on a cold night!

Just my 2 cents!

Wtf? Where is the social?

Posted via Mobile Device

Much as I don't like the concept of a Canadian monarchy, I will watch the British royals do their thing via highlights. Kate is definitely hot on many levels as well. I also hope Dufus (aka Charles) doesn't embarass William & Kate.

Guest M*L**0
I have little to no interest in the Monarchy. I respect the tradition of the Monarchy in our society, politics, etc. but as a whole I could care a less. As Pete has already pointed out there are more important things to pay attention to in the world.

However in regards to the following question, asked by mrnice2, yes I most certainly do find Kate to be "hot."

kate-middleton.jpg

at the end of the day I'd like to f**k Kate!!

I have been watching it....did they even kiss? If they did I missed it. Does anyone know for sure if they kissed? I was waiting for the big kiss LOL