This is likely a story which comes up from time to time but it was a first for me. I booked a lady early last evening for an inservice appointment today at noon. We went back and forth a bit about the time and agreed she would email me or phone at 10:30 in the morning (first get together) with the locale. Well the time came and went. I sent her a couple of emails this morning (light hearted, "are you up, lol" kind of thing) and nothing happened.

She emailed back at 11:40, 20 mins before the appointment and said she just got up at 11:40 (Sun AM) and hoped I might want to rebook later in the week - no other reasoning.

Normally I wouldn't even give this a second thought and be done with it, however, she is a lady that has been well recommended here over a period of time.

I haven't responded to her email and was looking for a little collective CERB advice, anyone care to offer some. My gut says to say that everyone has brain dumps every now and then and maybe the odd hangover.

Guys / ladies, Would you rebook? move on? or have any other advice?

It could be a "life happens" scenario. If she is recommended, and you would like to see her, re-book.

Could have a multitude of reasons why she couldn't have made the appointment, roll with it, re-book.

That's my advice

RG

This happens to all of us. Heck I got stood up today, and didn't even get an email with an explanation.

Shit happens. It sucks, but at least she was honest. If I were you, I'd either accept that, and give her another chance if you really want to see her, or thank her for her honesty and try with someone else.

There's never going to be a cut-and-dry answer to what to do in these situations, and it's never going to stop happening. It's part of life, unfortunately!

I would definitely reschedule, she did get back to you and let you know that she wouldn`t be ready in time for the appointment, which you have to give her credit for doing so.

For many of us, sleeping in that late, likely wouldn`t happen, even if late I am up probably no later than 7am, but the younger ones burn the candle a bit more at the back-end and sometimes need that extra time to recover.

So, I would not view this as a major faux pas, only a minor one, especially considering you got a follow-up.

In the end, it will depend on how it bothers you personally, but if not much, I would recommend you go ahead and see the lady.

And best of luck.

This has happened to us all at one point on here, I'm sure. Things happen, people forget sometimes or life gets busy. If she's well recommended, do rebook...This has happened to me personally and professionally and there's always another opportunity within the near future to make up for it. Sometimes that can be more than worth the wait. ;)

Guest s******ecan****

so long as you don't face a significant cost in rebooking (ie travel or special arrangement to take time off) I wouldn't hesitate to rebook based on what you have said. As many have said already shit happens.

You wanted to see her. She obviously wanted to get together with you, but wasn't able to today. (Perhaps it also had something to do with it being Mother's Day?) Regardless she did get back to you with an explanation and an alternative suggestion - not everyone will do that. Go for it!

I have had this happen a few times especially with those pesky early morning appointments. It has always worked out for the best as there tends to be that little bit extra understanding and drive to make up for the need to re book.

That has always been my experience anyway :)

PIO

This is likely a story which comes up from time to time but it was a first for me. I booked a lady early last evening for an inservice appointment today at noon. We went back and forth a bit about the time and agreed she would email me or phone at 10:30 in the morning (first get together) with the locale. Well the time came and went. I sent her a couple of emails this morning (light hearted, "are you up, lol" kind of thing) and nothing happened.

She emailed back at 11:40, 20 mins before the appointment and said she just got up at 11:40 (Sun AM) and hoped I might want to rebook later in the week - no other reasoning.

Normally I wouldn't even give this a second thought and be done with it, however, she is a lady that has been well recommended here over a period of time.

I haven't responded to her email and was looking for a little collective CERB advice, anyone care to offer some. My gut says to say that everyone has brain dumps every now and then and maybe the odd hangover.

Guys / ladies, Would you rebook? move on? or have any other advice?

just move on, find someone else, and she was hestitant about the time you booked, maybe it would have been better if she said, she wasn't available., but atleast she emailed you and let you know that she couldn't make it.

And today being mothers day and if she has kids or a mom , they would come 1st.

Edited by E.D. man

Guest jake_cdn

I am sure that if this person "stood you up" that there must have been a very good reason and she chose not to share it in an email. Think of how life has dealt you a few curve balls and at the most inopportune time forcing you to revamp your schedule.

If this person received great reviews on this board then you can believe that she is worth booking with again.

You found something interesting enough in her to book this time then I would venture to say that based on your initial interest, and the quality of the people who provide reviews on this board that she is worth the effort.

Let us know how it works out.

IMO, I don't think this is considered a case of being stood up but certainly not professional behaviour. If I were in your shoes, I'm someone who likes to give people the benefit of the doubt and another chance when they screw up, so maybe she just slept in and has no real excuse. We all make mistakes so I would give her another chance. If I did this to a client, I would give them a discounted rate or an extended amount of time during the session.

I emailed her back tonight after hearing form you all and thanked her for her honest and no BS response. I also said (speaking honestly) that hopefully we can get together later this week.

What a great sounding board this site is, thanks again one and all to those who took the time to offer their insight!

G11

Guest jake_cdn

Hey Gentleman11...

I think that you made the right choice and you certainly are a valued member of the board.

One way to look at this is she did you a favour. If she tried to keep the appointment maybe she would not have been at her best (for what ever reason). I would definitly reschedule because she may want to show you her appreciation in some way.

IMO, I don't think this is considered a case of being stood up but certainly not professional behaviour. If I were in your shoes, I'm someone who likes to give people the benefit of the doubt and another chance when they screw up, so maybe she just slept in and has no real excuse. We all make mistakes so I would give her another chance. If I did this to a client, I would give them a discounted rate or an extended amount of time during the session.

I have set my alarm to "pm" instead of "am" and screwed up like this in the past. It's a "life happens" kind of thing, but still, I would feel bad that I didn't keep my commitment and would offer some kind of discount too on a future appointment.

This happens to all of us, I had a girl leave as I showed up! She said her cat was sick and had to bring her to the hospital!!!! :icon_lol: (I know one person will find this funny)

This sort of thing happens to us all!

Guest f***2f***

It's pretty annoying when it happens. I like the fact that she was honest with you. I've had ladies who just didn't bother to show up or give me the courtesy of a reply to a "what's happening?" email or text. I think if you're not too put off I'd go for the rebook...maybe later in the day? lol

If she bails this time you have a pattern of unreliability and unprofessional behavior This is sometimes indicative of other problems, which I'll summarize as DRAMA. Who needs drama? If you get a second bail out you need to move on...lots of lovely ladies on here that take being on time seriously, so don't let it go a second time, is my advice.

i went to wpg to meet a new sp, had pm,d on cerb e-mailed then phoned and set up an appt, as i was driving a good distance she said to call her when i arrived in wpg 1/2 before our appt. I called at the agreed upon time -no answer then received this txt a little later "hey hey sorry had company come last night,theyre still sleeping,i,ll be available later sorry once again" shit happens so i txt back and said call me when you are free-no response - when i got back home i pm,d her this "I was very disappointed when i drove into winnipeg expecting to meet you and you could not keep the appointment. I understand that its not always possible to anticipate guests if they are unexpected but an e-mail or a text to me would have allowed me to either change my dates or make other arrangements, when you are driving 220kms each way and you have decided and are looking forward to meeting someone new it leaves a very poor impression when you are stood up" - that was one week ago still no reply- but she advertises here more than ever-lol-guess she needs to !

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding? I have new clients (or patients lol) call me to confirm the appointment and for me to give them my location. The key word here is confirm. I don't consider an appointment to be confirmed until we have spoken on the phone. I don't consider it a no-show if the appointment was only tentative. (I do schedule over email for repeat visits).

Sure, I would say rebook. You made a point of choosing her so just stick with your decision and do it when it works better for you both. You liked her enough to wanna see her so try agian til it works out for ya - thats what i say!