Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Guest paq****5

Well today is the first day of spring. It sure does look like it out there.

Had a bad fall about a week and a half ago and injured my wrist pretty bad, but I thought it was getting better, until this morning. I can hardly move my wrist:( It's my right one, good thing I'm a lefty:)

What sucks ?? Hmmm. Well lets see..... I am in Manitoba working !!!

I was supposed to be in Ottawa buck fucking nekkid shagging like the dickens right now ..... then going to a social tonight and shmoosing and visiting and flirting and getting pleasantly pissed. That's just not fair ..... no no no !!! ;)

• Like 1

Had a bad fall about a week and a half ago and injured my wrist pretty bad, but I thought it was getting better, until this morning. I can hardly move my wrist:( It's my right one, good thing I'm a lefty:)

Sorry to hear that Cristy. Us South Paws need to stick together. ;)

I did the same thing years ago. I eventually went to the doctor to have it looked at. The doctor said that I damaged the "S" bone in the wrist. That wrist bothered me for years. I had to wear a rigid brace for a long time - needed to keep it in a particular angle to aid in healing. Now when I turn my wrist a certain way a bone sticks out.

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

Loving someone and being loved back but neither of you can do anything about it...and you each go on with your own lives. Fucking sucks big time, and not in a good way.

Three weeks since I submitted my Payout in Lieu of Severance Pay form to my employer...government has wanted us to take this when we did our collective bargaining. Now that we took it, it seems to take forever to get the money, and mine is a simple one to process, cut the cheque (well direct deposit) and that's it. Some money earmarked for savings, some for a special weekend, but can't plan anything till I get the money in my account

Damn the government is slow

RG

Guest c**io**m7
Three weeks since I submitted my Payout in Lieu of Severance Pay form to my employer...government has wanted us to take this when we did our collective bargaining. Now that we took it, it seems to take forever to get the money, and mine is a simple one to process, cut the cheque (well direct deposit) and that's it. Some money earmarked for savings, some for a special weekend, but can't plan anything till I get the money in my account

RG

Not to put a damper but, at my dept, it took 3 months for me to see the cash.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I was supposed to be in Ottawa buck fucking nekkid shagging like the dickens right now ..... then going to a social tonight and shmoosing and visiting and flirting and getting pleasantly pissed. That's just not fair ..... no no no !!! ;)

Well I had a few on you behalf and handled the hangover for you too!

Additional Comments:

Well I had a few on you behalf and handled the hangover for you too!

I received a letter from Revenue Canada demanding me to file a tax return for 2012. [Oooops] I called to let them know I will take care of it. I also asked them where my refund cheques were for 2010 & 2011. They said that there were mistakes with both returns and I will not be getting a refund, but I don't owe anything either. (???)

t2604.gif

I always have my tax returns professionally done. They always manage to find me extra money.

I have an appointment for March 27 to take care of 2012 & 2013 tax returns.

(Free service because I am on a disability)

• Like 1

Note to self. Don't leave here for awhile and then come back to this thread....it's a long one. Chin up, everyone. Life's tough for all of us at times. Life's tribulations suck at times, but they define who we are. If they didn't bother us, there's something wrong. If our troubles didn't bother our friends, there's something wrong with our friends. We're a good bunch on here, over all.

• Like 5

I was writing a deep and thought provoking thread and my computer crashed.

By the time my computer re-booted and I logged back into CERB. I forgot what it was that I was writing about. :(

I guess that is a clue I should call it quits for tonight. t2246.gif

• Like 1

Guest P**aq
-23 with the windchill on March 23. Wtf??

Agreed that's a big WTF! I want to dust off my golf shoes but from the looks of things, tha wont happen until sometime in May!

Guest c**io**m7
Agreed that's a big WTF! I want to dust off my golf shoes but from the looks of things, tha wont happen until sometime in May!

Wasn't it last year we were golfing the last week of March?

Guest P**aq
Wasn't it last year we were golfing the last week of March?

I know for a fact that we were 2 years ago (I wrote it on my calendar because I don't trust my old man memory anymore!). I think the only way I will golf in March this year is by hopping on a plane to Florida...

I am checking my e-mails and I see I have a new hydro e-bill.

Ottawa Hydro just switched form billing every two months to monthly.

I can not believe my eyes - it is for $504.68 (for one month)

I double check to see if I paid it in February. Sure did. It was $368.63 (for two months).

I have lived in this one-bedroom high-rise apartment for over 10 years. I am responsible for my own hydro, electric heat & hot water. Over the past few years I averaged $150 every two months in the winter.

Four years ago only 1/3 of my income went toward rent, hydro, phone & cable. Today it appears that over 1/2 of my income goes toward rent, hydro, phone & cable.

t2416.gif

As soon as my phone re-charges I will give them a call.

Additional Comments:

RG

I was on LTD when I was laid-off from my last job. It took my employer a year to send me my bonuses and severance package. Then the insurance company took 80% of it. By that time it was too late to fight it. My employer closed up shop and left the country. I still had to pay the taxes and other deductions on all that money even though I never saw any of it. I even lost my private pension plan - so much for being insured.

Having an Exan tomorrow with too much material and feeling that you are not truly prepared... and not really knowing where to start to study... :(

Coughing for more than 72 hours can give you a sore back and aching ribs. I know this from personal and curent experience. And I have the common cold to thank. The cold sets off my asthma which triggers racking coughing spells. Now, I'm inhaling steroids twice daily and every time I have a coughing spasm it feels like the meat is trying itself from my ribs, in short it is agony. Oh yeah, as an added bonus I haven't slept for more than forty minutes in a row in the last three days. Sucks being sick. I'd pay real money for someone just to rub my aching back.

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

Ready completely useless posts by so-called senior members who think they are genuinely contributing to the community but really are loading threads with useless and irrelevant facts and comments. arghhhh, it burns me .... what someone will do to get their post count up....

Dealing with different contractors who all start with; "I've been in the business for over 20 years" and then tell you completely different things. Both have good references and ratings with better business bureau. Should just bring them together and hold a good old debate. And when the economy is good they really don't need my business or take the extra time to explain things. Sucks sometimes being the consumer.

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

Waking up at 3 o'clock in the fucking morning and being wide awake thinking of everything that needs to be done before fiscal year end.

Dealing with different contractors who all start with; "I've been in the business for over 20 years" and then tell you completely different things. Both have good references and ratings with better business bureau. Should just bring them together and hold a good old debate. And when the economy is good they really don't need my business or take the extra time to explain things. Sucks sometimes being the consumer.

Have you ever heard old dogs can't learn new tricks. Sometimes 20 years of experience doesn't mean anything if the don't keep up to date with new methods and products to improve the quality or efficiency of things. We learn from our mistake the question "is do they?"

• Like 1