Things that suck, and not in a good way.

12 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

A things that suck...coronavirus!!! Well the restrictions back on my date is off...well postponed (I hope)🤞

All in all better safe than sorry but its a bit of a disappointment...but we both agreed it was better to postpone.

Keeping fingers crossed🤞that 2021 turns out better

A Rambling

RG

Stay optimistic RG, rumors are that they have a vaccine for it coming early 2021 effective to 90%.  Meaning that any vaccine that is effective over 75% proved to get rid of viruses in not time at all.  Maybe we will all get back to normal in 2021.🤞

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NotchJohnson said:

Stay optimistic RG, rumors are that they have a vaccine for it coming early 2021 effective to 90%.  Meaning that any vaccine that is effective over 75% proved to get rid of viruses in not time at all.  Maybe we will all get back to normal in 2021.🤞

Actually being optimistic and I guess on the scale of things a date postponed while disappointing is relatively minor compared to being a covid casualty a real concern in this day and age

Casualties due to coronavirus just in Ontario 10768 deaths (as of time of writing) so yes coronavirus sucks.  A date postponed relatively minor i guess

Let's hope the vaccine comes (soon!!!) and more importantly NO MORE CASUALTIES. 

A rambling over cup number one

RG

• Like 1

I guess with all the real problems out there (eg Covid) this is really relatively minor but the F*CKING GODD*MN good time oldies radio station is playing almost steady Christmas music already

And it'll get worse till 2021

Now listening to classic rock...good music but not local

A Rambling From Scrooge RG

• Sad 1

Walk in to work this morning, first one here as most time, go to unlock the front door and spilled my Tim Horton coffee all over the front entrance while pulling out the key.  By the time I picked up the cup there was only a spoon full of coffee in it.  Not enough to get my lips wet.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

Walk in to work this morning, first one here as most time, go to unlock the front door and spilled my Tim Horton coffee all over the front entrance while pulling out the key.  By the time I picked up the cup there was only a spoon full of coffee in it.  Not enough to get my lips wet.

Oh I've been there and feel your pain. Shitty way to start Monday...Hell any day

Sorry for your "loss"

RG 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rod Phillips

He sucks because while Minister Of Finance in the Ford government he completely disregarded his own government's policies on Covid and traveled to St Barts for a Christmas vacation.  

He also attempted to deceive the public by sending tweets leaving the impression he was at home in Ontario over Christmas. He knew what he was doing was wrong, he did it anyway

He's resigned as minister...hardly a punishment befitting what he did...yes I'm thinking of all the hardships faced by Ontarians as life has become very difficult and restrictive since coronavirus. Frankly imo the party should boot him out...that would be a start

A Ranting Rambling  or is it a Rambling Rant

RG 

• Like 1

Postponed my physiotherapy till Feb 24 pending outcome of this State Of Emergency lockdown

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be doing physio at home daily but seeing my physiotherapist postponed

What sucks especially is something done for health purposes gets repriorized because of covid policies but a former f*cking high ranking minister (rod phillips) violated his own governments/party's policy on covid to sneak away for a vacation. Even though he's no longer in cabinet  he's still an mpp

OK little grumbly over that lol

And my knees hurt today too

A grumbling rambling

RG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They f.....ed up "Roll Up to Win"!

For some reasons (covid19 being one of them) Tim Hortons abandoned the traditional hidden rim prize for an online based point system. This eliminates the true randomness available to all in a favor of a loyalty program.

I get why they made the change. But keeping the contest name makes it very misleading.

don't really think that I can actually get something that sucks in a good way, I jsut do not understand how it can suck, in a good way

Guest lydiahardwood
3 minutes ago, Fonebec said:

don't really think that I can actually get something that sucks in a good way, I jsut do not understand how it can suck, in a good way

I know a few things that suck in a very good way

giphy.gif

Just dragging my ass today. Couldn't get to sleep last night...the pain in both knees kept me awake not to mention loud tenants above me.

No pain meds, can't drink...I know boo how hot lol

Just a grumbling rambling

RG 😫

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Real F*cking Things That Suck

The federal f*cking government can't do one damn thing right

Last year they mailed me my CPP application which I applied for immediately...my first CPP cheque should have come in April 2021

Government has no records of sending it nor me applying for CPP. I read off all sorts of numbers including form number of the form they sent me...guess what they sent me the wrong form...like how the f*ck was I supposed to know the correct paperwork when CPP doesn't even know it's own paperwork

Just thankful I saved copies for my own records or I'd really be f*cked and I have a retirement pension from where I worked to live on

A Grumbling Pissed Off FFS Rambling

RG 😡

• Sad 1

Freakin cyclists!!!

Living in downtown Ottawa, it takes insane amount of attention to not run over one. They only use bike lanes and obey traffic laws when convenient. When the light turns red, they use crosswalks and they'll ignore stop signs and one ways. This morning almost hit one while doing a right turn. Initially thought I was the one distracted. Only to realize he was the one who blindsided me by going against traffic.

And don't get me started on those stupid electric scooters.

Act like a car or act like a pedestrian! But don't act both ways and expect to live long!

Other than that have a nice weekend.

21 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Freakin cyclists!!!

Living in downtown Ottawa, it takes insane amount of attention to not run over one. They only use bike lanes and obey traffic laws when convenient. When the light turns red, they use crosswalks and they'll ignore stop signs and one ways. This morning almost hit one while doing a right turn. Initially thought I was the one distracted. Only to realize he was the one who blindsided me by going against traffic.

Act like a car or act like a pedestrian! But don't act both ways and expect to live long!

I'm from a small town in Ontario not far from Ottawa and here the cyclists will ride on the street in the same direction as the traffic unless they are kids then they use the sidewalk like a pedestrian.  I have no issue with them but like you said when I visit Ottawa for my fun time I have to be double vigilant because you never know when one will cut you off or slam in your side door.  Are they allowed to text and ride their bikes at the same time?  I don't think so...but some do.

I agree with you on this GT !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotchJohnson said:

Are they allowed to text and ride their bikes at the same time? 

They should be allowed. Would make them understand the concept that having the law and signalization on their side won't change the consequences of riding distracted.

Same goes for motorcycles with power to weight ratios similar to Formula One cars. If riders want to drive those on the shoulder and between cars at double the speed limit on one wheel, they should be allowed. The same way I should be allowed they ignore their lifeless bodies after they lose control or hit something.

If they don't care about their survival, why should I!

23 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Freakin cyclists!!!

OMG Yes!!!...they seem to think they're above the rules of the road. Bicyclers don't ride single file on the shoulder/bike lane...they instead ride side by side so they hold up car and truck traffic behind them...even tooting the horn they don't move over(and no oncoming traffic in the other lane so you can't pass). Worse some drive against traffic running red lights etc. And then some don't signal turns/slowing down-stopping

A Rambling Agreeing Response 

RG

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, Greenteal said:

What about electric scooters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steampunk said:

What about electric scooters?

Those things are used and abandoned everywhere as part of app based sharing programs. Many users are inexperienced and drive those on the street and sidewalks with little care of their surrounding. Once arrived at destination or due to dead battery, those are left on the sidewalk and become a tripping hazard until picked up by the rental company.

Also, rentals can be used until 11pm. Making those hard to see in the dark and quite often operated by people who shouldn't be driving in the first place.

There city and provincial regulations, but those are quite often ignored.

Hope those disappear once that 5 year pilot program is done. 

1 hour ago, Steampunk said:

Did I get you started?  Lol

That was just the warmup...

Talking about electric scooters or battery operate "moped", 2 years ago one of those in the parking lot at Walmart my wife was coming back to her car and one of them lost control and hit the passenger door and left a big dent in it.  She asked the girl for her drivers license and proof of insurance and the girl told her that "No, I don't have to give you that" because first she didn't have a valid drivers license and second no insurance is needed with those things.  The moral of the story is if you don't care about other people and want to do damage get yourself a scooter and ram into other peoples car.  I made a search about that and it's true...I hope they change the law about that.

Just venting...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

Talking about electric scooters or battery operate "moped", 2 years ago one of those in the parking lot at Walmart my wife was coming back to her car and one of them lost control and hit the passenger door and left a big dent in it.  She asked the girl for her drivers license and proof of insurance and the girl told her that "No, I don't have to give you that" because first she didn't have a valid drivers license and second no insurance is needed with those things.  The moral of the story is if you don't care about other people and want to do damage get yourself a scooter and ram into other peoples car.  I made a search about that and it's true...I hope they change the law about that.

Just venting...

Depending on the nature and gravity of the damages, she could have called the police and that girl could have been charged. Even if she doesn't have a driver license "E-scooters must follow the rules of the road laid out by Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act. Violations can result in fines from $250 to $2,500"

Why e-Scooters are Becoming so Popular in Ontario - CAA South Central Ontario (caasco.com)

For insurance: If a rental, would contact the company and municipality. It's their pilot program, up to them to pay. Also, the more complaints, less likely they'll renew this. For privately owned scooters, I suppose small claim court is the only option.

29 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Depending on the nature and gravity of the damages, she could have called the police and that girl could have been charged. Even if she doesn't have a driver license "E-scooters must follow the rules of the road laid out by Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act. Violations can result in fines from $250 to $2,500"

Why e-Scooters are Becoming so Popular in Ontario - CAA South Central Ontario (caasco.com)

For insurance: If a rental, would contact the company and municipality. It's their pilot program, up to them to pay. Also, the more complaints, less likely they'll renew this. For privately owned scooters, I suppose small claim court is the only option.

Also because it was in a parking lot it would not have been a traffic act(no fault).  We called our insurance and they said that it was better to pay the damage ourselves  because if you make too many claims the insurance company may cut you off.  We have not made any claims since the ice storm of 98, but don't want to abuse of this policy either.  The damage ended up costing around $350.00.

• Like 1

Just now, NotchJohnson said:

Also because it was in a parking lot it would not have been a traffic act(no fault).  We called our insurance and they said that it was better to pay the damage ourselves  because if you make too many claims the insurance company may cut you off.  We have not made any claims since the ice storm of 98, but don't want to abuse of this policy either.  The damage ended up costing around $350.00.

Even if no charges are laid, a police report can help settle the damages with the girl, parents or who ever owned that thing.

Again it depends on the gravity of the damages.