Perfume or no Perfume

Out of curiosity do gents,when enjoying the company of a lady enjoy a fine perfume or do they prefer to have the ladies free of the aromatics a fine perfume offer

I suspect whether you are married or single plays a part in your decision

personally I like perfume but being married it can cause .............problems

Well I am married but I absolutely love when I meet a lady and she is wearing a high end perfume. Mmm what a great way to start the festivities, an alluring perfume really gets this mans blood pumping! As far a lasting scent is concerned it usually comes off in the shower so I seldom worry about it.

I would have to say that I would enjoy a faint perfume. I am not one who would be able to tell you which one is which, but I do like perfumes.

faint perfume....at the start...and when best applied..only enhances the senses when the lady has properly applied said perfume in the right places and gets activated by her body heat............

Guest 9**A*****

Absolutely love perfume! I'm single so I'm not concerned about "being caught" so I have to give a big thumbs up.

im surprised by this thread, ive been wondering the same thing, ive noticed that not alot of guys dont like perfume if they have a SO, unless it is faint, wont rub off, or a shower is available before they go home. As for the ones who are single, they like it.

I used to wear perfume, but for what ive noticed, it may just be better to just naturally smell good, like if you take a shower before seeing each gentleman you are clean, and i think guys like it just the same.

But then again you have to take inro account thoes who have allergies as well, some cant handle it because of that

I dont know if im right or not, but like i said, its just a few things ive noticed

Have been wondering about this topic and agree with your points Angel. You are right, for most guys being clean & fresh is enough but I love wearing perfume. However, I don't put a lot on and if know the gent is married sometimes I just don't wear any.

Just today I was thinking to actually include in my website/ads to please mention if perfume is a concern. I do ask to inform me of particular requests, not sure if that is enough. My biggest concern was if my guest is married until I recently had a not so pleasant experience with someone that was allergic to perfume :icon_confused:. So guys please help us out by bringing up details like this to avoid the date becoming a disaster :)

I like the smell of perfume, not overwhelming like half a bottle poured over her, but a subtle fragrance. And I like the way it lingers afterwards...when I'm going home, even the next morning, it still is their.

RG

I don't really have an opinion of it one way or the other as long as it doesn't stick to me afterwards (no fear of getting caught, I just don't want to carry around a female perfume smell with me). I did spend some time with a lady whose hair smelled like bubblegum once though, and it was heavenly. Some kind of conditioner or shampoo I'm guessing.

Most of my clients LOVE my perfume..however, I do have a few clients who strongly prefer NO scents at all, luckily most of these men always book ahead, so I can accommodate their request..there is one who does not, and what he does is gets undressed as soon as he comes through the door, I cant touch him or hug him or anything until his clothing comes off!! AND he also leaves his clothes in a separate room to avoid the saturation of the scent of my perfume lingering on his clothing.

IMO, it is always a good idea to offer the use of the shower facilities along with unscented soap...this helps out those who feel it is imperative to be scent free .:bigclap:

I strongly dislike perfumy scents on anyone, I much prefer the natural ones.

As an aside, to avoid SO suspicion its definitely no rub off perfumes, no smoking and no scented soap in the shower.

Play safe everyone.

don't mind the smell of a good perfume but can't stand the smell of that cheap stuff but u mostly smell that cheap stuff after christmas (lol)

I always ask.

Having worked at a perfume shop, I was able to learn how to apply and where. A really fine perfume should be layered lightly with the same soap and lotion if used. Mixing up scents is what usually turns people off. Including your deodorant. I use unscented and prefer unscented products, having sensitive skin. I just found out I cant use a CrabTree & Evelyn shower soap and its my favourite scent in there. :(

But I have clients that run the gambit from liking my choices of perfume to preferring a more womanly aroma, to some that have allergies. Then I use my all natural soaps.

Personally I find the women I meet have very fine tastes in perfume and I enjoy the scent but I have to be exyremely careful on account of the fact my SO has an accute (I mean like a lioness sniffing prey 5 miles away up wind on the Serengeti and successfully coming in for the kill)sense of smell

So I am careful if I do indulge but generally its easier to request a perfume free appt lotions also fall int the same category

Interesting to hear the comments

One of the things I look forward to with a lady is a wonderful scent. imo it should be the makeup equivalent of men who say they prefer the "no makeup" look (though they really mean they like the "natural look" makeup).

That is, a natural-seeming scent that just smells like a lady smelling fresh and clean.

I prefer soapy or shampooey smells as opposed to opposed to actual perfume.

I very much like perfume on a woman. Not too much just something that compliments her natural scent.

LOOOOVE perfume! Women don't seem to wear perfume to work any more because people can be sensitive to it. I see signs on buses warning people not to wear scents because it can irritate passengers. When did people become so sensitive to perfume (and cologne, for that matter?) Don't get me wrong, I don't think perfume should be suffocating. You should only be able to smell it if you're within a close handshake to someone. But I do find perfume to be a major, major turn-on. I do miss the days of women smelling like women (as opposed to smelling like "neutral") and trying to guess what perfume she's wearing or even striking a conversation about what perfume she's wearing.

I'm single and really enjoy a fine perfume on a woman who enjoys it and wears it subtly and with pride - not show. Conversely, if a woman is not in to perfumes, clean and natural is every bit as good. It boils down to the lady being comfortable in her own skin and how she projects herself and how the gentleman carries himself and adapts.

G11

I no longer wear perfume because so many guys are worried that they will bring the scent home on their clothes and their wives will smell it. I'm always told my hair and body smells good from my shampoo and body wash so I guess that will have to suffice. I do miss wearing it though. My favorite was Ralph Lauren "Romance".

LOOOOVE perfume! Women don't seem to wear perfume to work any more because people can be sensitive to it. I see signs on buses warning people not to wear scents because it can irritate passengers. When did people become so sensitive to perfume (and cologne, for that matter?)

Not sure, but I'm one of them. It really sucks but I'll be on the bus and it will trigger a sneeze attacks, and sometimes my asthma will start up. Not fun!!