For those of us who accept text booking and answer questions via text, sometimes the way guys approach it can be really irritating. You should think of it like an instant email, but shorter. Include your name, and ask if the lady is available for your preferred time.

Please do not text random one-liners such as, "hey baby," or "hey, how are you?" I'm great, who are you? I understand that this may be some guys way of trying to start a conversation, but this isn't the best way to approach it.

Also, unless I blocked your number, I do not keep your info in my phone, so when you text me, I have no idea who you are. I try to remember numbers, but I'm not a machine! *insert robot smiley here*

Ladies, other suggestions, comments?

Guys, thoughts?

• Like 5

Good idea for this thread, Berlin--thanks!

1. Don't ask for information that's available on my website. You can read all about my rates there.
  2. Understand that I may not be able to respond to your text(s) right away. It's instant texting for you, but I may not be available.
  3. If you want more than some brief information, please e-mail me. It's okay to text me and tell me that you've done that, if you want to.
  4. Everyone is different about this, but I won't make same-day or immediate bookings via text unless I've seen you recently. Recently, for me, means in the last two months. Other companions will have different requirements.
  5. Some abbreviations are fine, but texts that are filled with chatspeak or l33t aren't going to get much of a response from me.

Good post; guys should post: Hi, my name is Joe; would I be able to see you around 11am tomorrow? I don't think some people appreciate how busy and hectic it can get sometimes. There again maybe they need a little conversation to break the ice so this is where PM's and email comes in.

Usually my texting is used for final confirmation

Example. Hello (name of lady here)

It's Roamingguy

Checked into room 123 of Hotel ____

See you at 6

Really looking forward to meeting you

RG

Prefer text to phone call, only because the lady may not be able to answer

RG

I personally do not respond to text, as you really have no idea who is on the other end. I would prefer a phone call, then you know who you are talking to. It is very easy to grab someone elses phone. Which could very easily effect discretion. I rather not take that chance.

• Like 2

I like it short and to the point..

For example:

"Hi Nicki, this is John and was wondering if you are available today or tomorrow for an incall for 12 pm."

I normally respond to texts but won't for the following reasons:

- You start off in a crude way or "wassup ( known as the wassup guys)" or "hey baby".

- You have pulled a no show on me in the past or cancel all the time at the last minute.

- You are what's known as a time texting waster asking tons of questions especially explicit ones and nothing ever becomes of it. It's fine to ask questions but you can also read my ad and recos. Usually I can tell after the first text if someone is a time waster or just looking to "get off".

- You harass the hell out of me. And then send texts one after the other wondering why I'm not getting back to you. I know of several people on this board who have done this to me and that's why they don't hear back from me. I will ignore you or tell you to stop texting me!

If the above texting etiquette doesn't apply to you and you don't hear back from me within a few minutes I'm either sleeping, busy with a client or done for the day. I am not a high volume SP.

I don't ask for much but some of the texts people send can be too much at times.

• Like 3

Guest C*****tte

Yes, absolutely include your name. I do not have a photographic memory. Just seeing your number doesn't mean I will know who you are.

I dislike having to text back 'who is this?'. It is such a cold way to begin an exchange of info.

"Available now??" doesn't work either! Tell us a time you would like to make the appointment and we will let you know if that works for us!

Also if you dont like our reply, the time does not work for you, the rates are not what you were hoping or the incall location is out of your way, text back and say Thank you and let us know if you can make it or not! I dislike wondering if the person is coming or not, I will assume you are not and will not be ready for you when you show up. Confirmation is essential!!

Usually my texting is used for final confirmation

Example. Hello (name of lady here)

It's Roamingguy

Checked into room 123 of Hotel ____

See you at 6

Really looking forward to meeting you

RG

Prefer text to phone call, only because the lady may not be able to answer

RG

This is the exact text I love to see when the gentleman is checked-in. I do text back and call the room to confirm when I am on my way.

Additional Comments:

Yes, absolutely include your name. I do not have a photographic memory. Just seeing your number doesn't mean I will know who you are.

I dislike having to text back 'who is this?'. It is such a cold way to begin an exchange of info.

You are so right!! Introduce yourself when sending a text.

If you have forgotten my discrption, or didnt know what it was in the first place, dont expect a lengthy one back, it really takes too long. It is very difficult depending on the ladies phone to have entire conversations via text, So if you are looking to find out everything you need to know about a lady to book promptly, please phone! I dont know about some, but if it takes a half hour of constantly texting back and forth, and still no booking, or an ok, thanks, ill call you soon, i will just give up and say im busy, call/txt me when you are actually ready because i wont think you are serious.

"Available now??" doesn't work either! Tell us a time you would like to make the appointment and we will let you know if that works for us!

A lot of people think we are actually sitting by the phone looking pretty and available on a moment's whim. This is just the opposite. In fact, I work from home at another job and have the ability to slip in and out when I need to. I need at least a half hour's notice to get my location which is only minutes away but people need to realize it's not like we're sitting around doing nothing.

I guess I should add, for myself, that initial contact has already been made via email, with the lady knowing specifics about me (including verification if needs be) and the date, and done ahead of time.

The text is is final details, and done after a established date has been scheduled.

I don't use texting as a substitute for email/pm's, just a substitute for a phone call...and that is because the lady may not be able to answer the phone, and I'll phone if the lady prefers it

I'm all about going with the flow though, and happy to accommodate the ladies preference about being contacted, be it email/pm/text/and or phone call

RG

I always ask someone if they wish to text to eventually call to confirm, its very important for me to get a sense about a person over a phonecall before I agree to a booking....in the same sense, someone who doesnt communicate well via text or comes across as rude and short in words might actually be very warm and well spoken over the phone. Plus I like to actually make sure I'm speaking with the client.....not their wife whos found their texts! lol

Plus I like to actually make sure I'm speaking with the client.....not their wife whos found their texts! lol

Yes, me too. If the conversation starts out via texting, I will get tell the person I need to speak to them over the phone. I never give out this info unless I'm talking to them. Most times I will ask if *I* can call them just also to make sure their number is legit.

Another thing I thought that might be worth mentioning is sending pictures by text. I did this once and it totally backfired on me. I sent one to a guy who really wanted an appt and was in a hurry. Everything was fine and he was literally in and out in 15 minutes and had booked for a half hour. I knew this when he booked so it wasn't a big deal. About an hour after seeing him, I get a text message saying that it wasn't me in the picture. I responded back "yes, it was me." They kept saying it wasn't me and finally I realized that I was talking to someone else when they started to get really rude..

This went on for a period of 24 hours on an off. I told them to stop texting me and I didn't care if they believed me or not. Finally, the person sending these messages admitted that she was this guy's wife and she wanted to know whether or not I had seen him. That's why she kept saying it wasn't me in the picture. She was trying to get ME to say something else like I had met him in person or elaborate in detail but I never did. I played dumb and told her I don't know who her husband is and that she must be texting the wrong person. She apologized and left me alone. I never heard from him again.

Needless to say, I no longer will send out pictures by text.

Maybe its just required by the nature of the "business," but I'm a bit surprised that some of the ladies are willing to respond to a txt as an initial inquiry to set up a meeting. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, and it certainly makes a big difference if you already know the client (or even know of the client via cerb), but if I were an SP I'd be worried about setting up an appointment with an unknown texter.

It just seems to me that texting is the most "base" form of communication and doesn't allow (in 100 - 150 characters) for any sort of genuine communication with an unfamiliar person.

Maybe its just required by the nature of the "business," but I'm a bit surprised that some of the ladies are willing to respond to a txt as an initial inquiry to set up a meeting. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, and it certainly makes a big difference if you already know the client (or even know of the client via cerb), but if I were an SP I'd be worried about setting up an appointment with an unknown texter.

It just seems to me that texting is the most "base" form of communication and doesn't allow (in 100 - 150 characters) for any sort of genuine communication with an unfamiliar person.

I always follow up with a phone call after the initial text. I never book without speaking to someone first. If I don't speak to them, there is no appointment.

I would never set up an appointment via text message alone.

If it's a polite text introducing yourself properly and you're inquiring about availability, that's great but know that it has to be followed up and confirmed by a telephone conversation, just like an email would.

And for the love of God, even if we have met before please don't start sending me sexy texts hoping for some verbal foreplay.

• Like 2

Looks like most observations from ladies to gents have been mentioned so I will point out 2 for the ladies that may sound silly but I have learned that obvious can become a very dangerous word as well as as assuming things.

I don't normally have any communication on the phone (texts or calls) until a date has been set. But when I do I never mention the guy's handle in the text and more importantly never with his name if I happen to know it. It may not be his real name but it probably is and if someone else happens to read that text and it has no name he can just claim it was not meant to be for him.

Another one is never send an unexpected text as the gentleman may have company or even worse someone else could have his phone at that moment.

One would think is common sense not to do things like that but for what I have read in some threads here not everyone know those 'rules.' I know/hope not many ladies, especially the ones that are members here would do something like that but it happens. Perhaps some of the guys here could add some more based on their experiences??

• Like 1

good on you Anna! you are so correct, it is always nice to maybe text back and say thanks for a wonderful date, but not to get into verbal foreplay prior and after.

I book through a pm or email followed up by phone call prior to the date, and possibly a text or call for the magic room number.

And for the love of God, even if we have met before please don't start sending me sexy texts hoping for some verbal foreplay.

As seen by the various responses, everyone has a different perspective on texting when it comes to booking. The one thing we all have in common, however, is that we all expect respectful texts and the common courtesy of a name and a thank you after we replied to your questions :) Treat a text as a telephone call. Don't be rude!

• Like 2

Guest **ng***1

I can see where texting could become a major hassle. That's really what the chat room is for.

After reading every ones thoughts on this subject I agree completely

short to the point thank you ma'am LOL

Oh and when we say no private calls please don't keep trying thinking that we will eventually answer it (NO MEANS NO private callers Thank you)

I could go on but I think I'd be repeating myself

Suzie

• Like 1

The only thing that kinda strikes me as sad is that there even needs to be a thread on proper etiquette and courtesy when texting. Guess I have been blessed since I started seeing ladies almost a year ago now,that emails/text's/phone calls and pm's have all been polite from the ladies to me, and obviously vice versa

Kinda sad that manners (in this case in text's) need to be taught

RG

• Like 1

The only thing that kinda strikes me as sad is that there even needs to be a thread on proper etiquette and courtesy when texting.

+1. But common courtesy seems to be gradually becoming less and less common in all walks of life, and every new method of communication seems to be aimed more at brevity than a conversation.

Also, I think we're starting to sound like a couple of old men sitting in a bar getting quietly sozzled and reminiscing about the good old days during a leisurely mid-afternoon...

And you can tell I'm an old fart, 'cos I couldn't fit that post into 140 characters :)

• Like 1

As someone who almost NEVER books by phone, or even speaks to clients before the appointment, I haven't had any problems booking via text or email. It's how I've always done it. I'm really not much for phone conversations.

Booking via text is no different than booking by phone. You still have the guys number and how he approaches the text can be judged the same way you might judge his phone etiquette.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when you've received as many texts/emails as I have, you learn to read between the lines.