Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is blowing up all over social media so I figured we need a discussion point on it.

 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-19/onlyfans-to-block-sexually-explicit-videos-starting-in-october

 

The thing to note is that only "sexually explicit" content is being banned.   Nudity is still allowed within their specific rules, which includes jurisdictional restrictions for public nudity.

 

Just posting because the sentiment all over social media right now is "everything is banned" without people actually reading the articles.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   From what I understand, the rapid growth of the service due to Covid restriction made it hard to control problems like child porn and tax evasion. Also, many content creators were pressured into producing pornography in order to stay competitive.

   Not quite the result of "cancel culture", but simply another adult service correcting known problems.

Edited by Greenteal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The articles talk about payment providers not willing to continue working with OF unless they got rid of the pornography/sexually explicit aspect. 

 

It sounds more like an income problem than any sort of "crackdown" on anything. 

 

Traditional financial organizations keep their control and influence over almost everything.

 

Still, I don't think this is a reason to panic, but it will have an impact on those content creators that rely on certain content to bring in the subs.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

        A few years ago, the gaming streaming service "Twitch" had to rewrite their terms of use and increase moderation after many camgirls were caught using the platform to show skin for donations.

         It's not quite the same situation as OF, but an example on how changing demands and lack of control can change the nature of a service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's absolutely ludicrous that payment processors are able to have such a control over what content we consensually sell / purchase. This kind of pressure is totally undemocratic and will mean a loss of earnings for many. 

So many people condemn FSSW yet this move makes it harder for content creators to make money online. The argument that this is a crackdown on trafficking is nonsense because that is far less likely to happen on online platforms. It's when you start removing options that sex workers are more likely to be in street work, increasing the risk.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lydiahardwood said:

I think it's absolutely ludicrous that payment processors are able to have such a control over what content we consensually sell / purchase. This kind of pressure is totally undemocratic and will mean a loss of earnings for many. 

    All depends on their initial agreements vs the ownership and vocation change of the platform. Only Fans was initially created for artists and musicians. Was later acquired by a webcam streaming service company and became increasingly popular with sex workers.

     Like it or not, a term of service update was unavoidable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

I think it's absolutely ludicrous that payment processors are able to have such a control over what content we consensually sell / purchase. This kind of pressure is totally undemocratic and will mean a loss of earnings for many. 

Totally agree, which is one of the reasons that I'm so pro "crypto"

 

Like it or not, we have built a society that lives and dies at the whim of the 1% that control the money in the world.  This is simply another example of them exercising their power over others doing things they "publicly" don't like.

 

On the other side of their equation, how many of those in a position of power do you think have privately engaged in procurement of sex workers in one form or another?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldandNerdy said:

Totally agree, which is one of the reasons that I'm so pro "crypto"

 

Like it or not, we have built a society that lives and dies at the whim of the 1% that control the money in the world.  This is simply another example of them exercising their power over others doing things they "publicly" don't like.

 

On the other side of their equation, how many of those in a position of power do you think have privately engaged in procurement of sex workers in one form or another?  

     Not sure I would consider "crypto" a lesser of two evils. The traditional market is not perfect, but it's definitely a bit more transparent than a system where money is generated from an algorithm. 

     May look clean and practical. But one day can wake up a hundred dollar richer and the other, a thousand poorer. And those who use it the most are not always the type of people you want to hang with. The day we'll get a better understanding where the money come from and how it's used, some may think twice before investing.

     A currency for the "little man" and moral high ground, I think not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Not sure I would consider "crypto" a lesser of two evils. The traditional market is not perfect, but it's definitely a bit more transparent than a system where money is generated from an algorithm. 

Well, in crypto, for most cases, every transaction is viewable by everyone so it's pretty open and transparent.

 

Please stop spreading FUD, using phrases like "those who use it the most are not always the type of people you want to hang with. " when you don't understand the technology and are basing opinions on what you've read in various articles posted on news sites owned by the same 1% I was mentioning before.

 

Anyway. Back to not spreading FUD about Onlyfans and their new policies!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, OldandNerdy said:

Well, in crypto, for most cases, every transaction is viewable by everyone so it's pretty open and transparent.

 

Please stop spreading FUD, using phrases like "those who use it the most are not always the type of people you want to hang with. " when you don't understand the technology and are basing opinions on what you've read in various articles posted on news sites owned by the same 1% I was mentioning before.

 

Anyway. Back to not spreading FUD about Onlyfans and their new policies!

 

    You're spreading nonsense about "the 1% that control the money in the world" and killing the adult industry. And then speculate about "people in power" "privately engaged in procurement of sex workers" as if this somehow made any difference.

    Last time we had such debate, was when LL had their own problems with some credit cards companies and the same level of panic was expressed. Then Pornhub also went through a similar situation. In both cases adjustments were made and things were resolved.

     We can expect similar outcome with OF and providers of sexually explicit material will likely be suggested to use MyFreeCams that belongs to the same company.

     The adult industry been around since the birth of commerce and organized society. Been many changes, but such a lucrative industry will never disappear.

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ironic, isn't?  I just started 4 months ago, start making great extra income and boom... explicit contents will be banned by October 1 and as a creator we also have to delete all explicit contents on our wall by December 1.  Urgh 🥺

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onlyfans update

It's not end of everything that onlyfans banned explicit contents by Oct.1 .

I have found a great substitute with no commission, simply have to pay $500 to join its professional service.

Depending on a creator's earning, but for me personally, by simply paying $500 is much better deal than giving $2000-4000 commission each month to onlyfans.

Will let you know in few months whether or not my finding is truly working.

Have a great Sunday 😊

 

Allie

 

 

Edited by Allie Zeon
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like OF have done a 180 on the decision to drop porn:

 

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/onlyfans-drops-porn-ban-sexually-explicit-policy-1235048705/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR3MMoqasWpF5L-B9IZwdp9Gv0Gg5af6SJ7O3PkEl9hHg8eyJGreKfh0M-g

 

Claiming they have secured new agreements with the banks. I'm sure they have already done a huge amount of damage to their business as most of their content providers have been moving to other platforms. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  I received the News on my email this morning.

Onlyfans still does not support sex workers though.  Double standard, they need us but they don't want to acknowledge us.  My website has been removed from the platform with a warning few months ago 🥺

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this whole thing has gone a full 180 in the time it took me to log in since it happened :)

If you'll all forgive me blowing my own trumpet a bit, I talked about this in the (very long) interview I did back in January - the fact that the two big payment companies now wield enormous power and can effectively shut businesses down more-or-less at will. This will happen again.

I'm not really sure where this leaves OF. If Visa and Mastercard cut them off then they're probably screwed; if all the sex workers leave then they're also probably screwed. And they've just demonstrated very clearly to SWs that they will absolutely not support them when the chips are down. Of course, SWs as a community are already well aware that they can rely on pretty much nobody except themselves.

Now that OF has pulled a complete U-turn on this it'll be very interesting to see what happens. Will Visa/MC go through with cutting them off? Will they survive if that happens? Will SWs forgive them for the attempt to throw them under the bus?

Some sort of alternative will inevitably come along, although whether that's an alternative platform to OF or an alternative payment system remains to be seen. The latter would be better in the long run, although I think it's less likely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does matter, because it will happen again, and it will keep happening until we solve the fundamental problem.

I'm wondering, though... could we use this against the nutjob religious right? Could we generate enough pressure to force Visa/MC to stop providing services to people whose morality *we* disapprove of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phaedrus said:

Does matter, because it will happen again, and it will keep happening until we solve the fundamental problem.

I'm wondering, though... could we use this against the nutjob religious right? Could we generate enough pressure to force Visa/MC to stop providing services to people whose morality *we* disapprove of?

     Pressure actually been on both side of the political spectrum. After the January 6th insurrection, many social media and communication platforms revised their term of use and content-moderation practices. And if you look at far right hosts like on Fox News, many struggle to find sponsors.

     The biggest problem with Only Fans is how they offer family friendly and adult content on the same platform. The ownership and vocation change was obviously gonna require a revision of previous agreements. The company could have avoided this by separating the explicit content to a different app or website and by being a bit more transparent. But like many, they waited at the last moment before renegotiating a new agreement.

     Change will remain unavoidable on both sides and money will always speak louder than morality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Greenteal said:

     Pressure actually been on both side of the political spectrum. After the January 6th insurrection, many social media and communication platforms revised their term of use and content-moderation practices. And if you look at far right hosts like on Fox News, many struggle to find sponsors.

It's not the same at all. Businesses declining to advertise on Fox is completely different to a pressure group trying to shut down Fox entirely.

 

10 hours ago, Greenteal said:

     The biggest problem with Only Fans is how they offer family friendly and adult content on the same platform. The ownership and vocation change was obviously gonna require a revision of previous agreements. The company could have avoided this by separating the explicit content to a different app or website and by being a bit more transparent. But like many, they waited at the last moment before renegotiating a new agreement.

     Change will remain unavoidable on both sides and money will always speak louder than morality.

No, the biggest problem with OnlyFans was that it sold porn, period. Some people don't like that and wish to inflict their narrow-minded opinions on everyone else. They went after OF just as they had previously gone after Pornhub, which I don't recall ever being known for its 'family friendly' content. Moving to a new platform would not have fixed the problem when the problem for these people is that porn exists at all.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phaedrus said:

It's not the same at all. Businesses declining to advertise on Fox is completely different to a pressure group trying to shut down Fox entirely.

    They didn't decline to advertise, they withdrew their ads. Primetime Fox News used to be the most lucrative for the company. But after the O'Reilly sex scandal, the purge of advertisers started and things didn't get better when Tucker Carlson took over. While Fox News is not shutting down(for now), the Fox Broadcasting Company is not doing great. Other than sports broadcasts and "The Simpsons", not much of their assets are actually profitable. The even sold 20th Century Fox, a studio that owned the rights to "Star Wars", "Alien" and "X-Men".

     It's definitely more than a credit card problem, but a great example on how the corporate world tackle both sides of extreme ideologies.

1 hour ago, Phaedrus said:

No, the biggest problem with OnlyFans was that it sold porn, period. Some people don't like that and wish to inflict their narrow-minded opinions on everyone else. They went after OF just as they had previously gone after Pornhub, which I don't recall ever being known for its 'family friendly' content. Moving to a new platform would not have fixed the problem when the problem for these people is that porn exists at all.

     Pornhub was a different situation as the company was very slow to react to problems including sex trafficking, exploitation and underaged girls. Far more than an "anti-porn" movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2021 at 11:24 PM, Allie Zeon said:

Yes.  I received the News on my email this morning.

Onlyfans still does not support sex workers though.  Double standard, they need us but they don't want to acknowledge us.  My website has been removed from the platform with a warning few months ago 🥺

Hey Allie we were never allowed to have anything escort related on onlyfans since the beginning. I have been a member since 2018 and it is in TOS that anything even alluding to “prostitution” or escorting is not allowed on their site as our kind of work is not legal in all countries 🙂 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daysha Love said:

Hey Allie we were never allowed to have anything escort related on onlyfans since the beginning. I have been a member since 2018 and it is in TOS that anything even alluding to “prostitution” or escorting is not allowed on their site as our kind of work is not legal in all countries 🙂 

Yup.  I'm new compared to you.  Just 4.5 months joining.  And already get warned three times.  Yes, three times seriously.  I'm actually searching for a better alternative that give me much more power over my own contents.

Besides, 20% commission is a lot, especially for those of us earning 5, 6 or even 7 figures monthly.

For a girl who earns 50K a month from OF, she has to give $10K to OF monthly, $120 K annually just for the commission alone. 

Paying few hundreds each month is ok but not few thousands each month.

Urgh 🥺

Edited by Allie Zeon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Allie Zeon said:

Yup.  I'm new compared to you.  Just 4.5 months joining.  And already get warned three times.  Yes, three times seriously.  I'm actually searching for a better alternative that give me much more power over my own contents.

Besides, 20% commission is a lot, especially for those of us earning 5, 6 or even 7 figures monthly.

For a girl who earns 50K a month from OF, she has to give $10K to OF monthly, $120 K annually just for the commission alone. 

Paying few hundreds each month is ok but not few thousands each month.

Urgh 🥺

Allie unfortunately you will not be able to promote ANY “prostitution/escorting” services on ANY content sites. Most of them are US owned or UK owned and it is not legal to promote our services what so ever. It will be listed In all TOS. Which you should be prompted to read when signing up for any adult content creation site. I hope that answers some of your questions. Also a side note if you breach code of conduct too many times on onlyfans they are entitled to keep your funds and not pay you out. Any mention of fucking clients or fans are against TOS. 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...