Recommended Hotel in Ottawa

Hi All, I am unable to find a thread for recommended hotels in Ottawa for hobbies. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Would want to avoid hotels where the elevator has a card or the person has to approach the front desk before coming up.

Any suggestions for asians in Ottawa.

Cheers

Adonis

The Delta on Queen/Lyon has a lower level floor where people can walk in and go straight to the elevator. Don't quote me on this anymore because it has recently changed ownership from the Crowne Plaza a few months ago. They could have changed it but that's the way the set up is in that hotel.

The Delta on Queen/Lyon has a lower level floor where people can walk in and go straight to the elevator. Don't quote me on this anymore because it has recently changed ownership from the Crowne Plaza a few months ago. They could have changed it but that's the way the set up is in that hotel.

what Nikki said. Also there is a Timmies attached to the building and you can enter the hotel from the Tim Hortons and go directly to the elevators without passing in front of any kind of desks.

Though you may want to be careful if you book a hotel there as there is a fair amount of floors that required keys.

Marriot also is big and they never bother you

I was there about two weeks ago, it is still like this. It's easily one of the most discreet.

The lower lobby entrance will soon become the only entrance as the fromer crowne plaza/skyline hotel is about to undergo 25 million in renovations that are long overdue! The west facing elevations on slater, lyon and queen will see some major changes including the removal of the car ramp that brought guests to the second level lobby.

The crowne/skyline was always a bit of dive in my opinion, more of a highrise motel, they had the attitude of the westin or marriot but could never deliver. Over priced, tiny rooms dated furnishings and so so food. The only redeeming factor as it relates to the hobby was that they accepted cash which works well for sp's or even clients that don't want to use credit cards for transactions. A potential issue as it relates to the hobby is the fact that the delta has and unwritten "rule" about renting rooms to local residents.

Just for my information, how are the Arc Hotel and Albert at Bay Hotels

And in my hobbying experience, I have yet to have an issue with paying cash for a hotel, yes, to reserve you need a cc to hold reservation, but they accept cash (usually upon check in, plus a refundable deposit)...nothing shows on cc.

RG

Just for my information, how are the Arc Hotel and Albert at Bay Hotels

I worked at the Albert at Bay briefly. The room was very nice. I had a full apartment with storage room, separate bedroom, full kitchen with dishwasher, etc. I think I only paid about $120/night on Expedia. Very nicely decorated and upscale.

With regard to discretion, you have to walk past the front desk which isn't so great. The room I was in was so far down the hall you had to walk past 15 or so doors to get to it! And I believe it's locked except to key holders after 10pm if you are a night owl. And the stupid electronic keys don't work properly and I had to go to the front desk about x2 day to get it reactivated.

As much as I liked the rooms, I did not return for discretion reasons. But if you are looking to host a lady, I don't think these things would be an issue. Unless you plan on having 10-15 ladies visit you LOL.

the Arc is a little to "boutiquie" and therefore less discrete for my liking. The albert at bay is the best bang for your buck. Basically you get a 1 or 2 bedroom apt for about 120 -160, keep your eye out for deals on expedia as Megan mentioned, last year I had one of the middle 1 bedroom with den suites and two bathrooms for 79 bucks a night, along with 30% discount on dinner at the restaurant and 4 free drinks! I couldn't believe it!

Never had any issues hosting also used the room for photo shoot, I was bringing in equipment and stuff and the staff did not bat an eye. I know a number of ladies who've hosted from the Albert at Bay with no problems, cleaning staff is great and work hard I tip them nicely. If there's a down side to the Albert at Bay it's the hide a bed couches, not very comfortable to sit on and they are getting a little long in the tooth. Mind you the beds are very comfortable ;) and the glass stand up shower in most rooms is absolutely sexy

Interesting thread as I will be receiving my usual summer visitor soon and therefore I will be in need of a hotel (to go myself or take my visitor for a few hours). Past two summers it was mostly Crown Plaza and Delta. I used Arc once and I think they have a habit of walking into the rooms (and I was with a girl at the time that someone kept on knocking on my door and continued knocking until I opened the door and then I was offered coplimentary bottle of water!!!!!!) as a few posters seems to have indicated in another thread. Besides they have relatively small rooms but at the same price as Delta and Crown Plaza.

Delta and Crown Plaza were conveniently located as I could cross the street and visit Barbs after the date was over. Never liked (both at Crown Plaza and Delta) to be asked (almost always) as why I am leaving so early (usually check in time 5:00 pm and check out time 8:00pm). I think they have no right to question me as why I leave early when I pay the full night fee nevertherless my stays at both places were pleasant. I see that Albert at Bay comes first in this thread so this year I may switch to this one (hopefully they won't ask me why I am leaving so early).

Don't go to the Arc. I had housecleaning open the door but had the chain on it while I was in a compromising position. lol. They were doing turn down service. Another time I went there on an outcall with a regular and another knock at the door. They are always around!!

Albert@Bay has really nice huge suites for great price.

I once had two bedroom suite and I really didn't need all that space.

I was welling to have an all night party there, but my partner didn't deliver! ;)

No problem with hotel front door, yes it requires a swipe of your card to get in after 10pm.

Staff were nice, no issue there.

The "original" Delta (also on Queen) also has a single elevator down a hallway to the left before you get to the desk and main lobby. I think it only goes to the 8th or 9th floor. If you are on the upper floors, you can still take this elevator, get off at a floors 3-8/9, walk to the other end of the hallway and take the main elevators to the higher floors.

Minto Suites also allows you to get to the elevators without walking immediately past the desk.

Are there any hotels on the Ontario side that take full cash without any credit card at all?

I only know of dumps on the Q side.

Another Hotel to consider is the Minto Suite Hotel (Lyon and Laurier). It is similar to Albert at Bay. You can get to the Hotel elavators from the Food court /Prime 360 Restaurant. Reception is far away from there.... Suites are luxurious.. Most hotels will take a CC on Check-in but when checking out you can indicate you want to pay cash and nothing will apear on your CC.

As much as I liked the rooms' date=' I did not return for discretion reasons. But if you are looking to host a lady, I don't think these things would be an issue. Unless you plan on having 10-15 ladies visit you LOL.[/quote']

Thanks Megan. If I could afford to host 10-15 ladies, well I could afford an apartment for a month too. But to recoup my muscles, I'd also need to see an excellant MA for some "therapy"...hey I happen to know an excellant MA btw

(I was going to give you rep points, but I have to spread them around a bit)

RG

I have always liked the Marriott. The entrance from the lower level or parking garage is exactly the same as the old Crowne Plaza/new Delta. Good rates on Hotwire, or Priceline. They do day-rooms as well as overnights. Big rooms, great views, never an issue.

Another Hotel to consider is the Minto Suite Hotel (Lyon and Laurier). It is similar to Albert at Bay. You can get to the Hotel elavators from the Food court /Prime 360 Restaurant. Reception is far away from there.... Suites are luxurious.. Most hotels will take a CC on Check-in but when checking out you can indicate you want to pay cash and nothing will apear on your CC.

I also vote Minto. It's my fave. Discreet, convenient, great restaurants and shops downstairs, sweet pool and gym...ahhhh I love the Minto.

Are there any hotels on the Ontario side that take full cash without any credit card at all?

Most dumps on this side too, unfortunately. Although the Valu Inn on Montreal Road/Ogilvie is undergoing renovations - but they do require a cash deposit if don't have a credit card.

If you want to know of other places, pm me.

hmm was going to say the Minto but I see that's already been suggested.

Is it really that big of a deal to bypass the front desk? Girls do you often get stopped by front desk staff?

I remember about a year and a half ago while I lived in Edmonton I was commissioned to do a lingerie photo shoot for a series of ads for Valentines Day. I wanted a great well lit bedroom type of setting so I got a room at the Matrix off of Whyte Ave. Really classy place, Great location, big full wall window with soft lit light coming thru the sheer curtains and a awesome retro style king size bed and room. I think I shot 4 or 5 different models there. Although I didn't tell the staff exactly what I was doing I said there was a number of interviews I was doing and guests I was expecting through out the afternoon and evening. If you can imagine 4 or 5 models coming dressed up in full makeup meeting me in the lobby right in front of the main reception attracted attention but not once did anyone question what was going on or even gave me a frown.

If they had been SPs who cares? No one seemed to pay much attention really.

hmm was going to say the Minto but I see that's already been suggested.

Is it really that big of a deal to bypass the front desk? Girls do you often get stopped by front desk staff?

No I've never been stopped and don't attract attention to myself either. I think people just have this in their heads and make it out to be more than it really is.

It's unlikely the staff would ask questions, but you can never be too safe/discreet.

When I was at Albert @ Bay, I arrived every morning for a week at 8am and left at 5:30pm. Let's say, for example, the front desk received a complaint of traffic to my room, combined with the odd arrival/departure behaviour, they may be inclined to kick me out and blacklist me.

It's unlikely the staff would ask questions' date=' but you can never be too safe/discreet.

When I was at Albert @ Bay, I arrived every morning for a week at 8am and left at 5:30pm. Let's say, for example, the front desk received a complaint of traffic to my room, combined with the odd arrival/departure behaviour, they may be inclined to kick me out and blacklist me.[/quote']

If asked just say you work shift work, and your house is undergoing repair/renovations, it would explain the hours and why you are at a hotel

RG

Theres been a few threads:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20697&highlight=Ottawa+hotel+hotels

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21450&highlight=Ottawa+hotel+hotels

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8258&highlight=Ottawa+hotel+hotels

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39726&highlight=Ottawa+hotels

Westin

Marriott on kent st

Courtyard by Marriott

Residence Inn Marriott

Indigo

Lord Elgin

Chateau Laurier

Novotel

Econo Lodge (hole in the wall)

Thanks everyone. What about Minto Suites and Residence Inn. I understand that Residence Inn has the front desk on the 4rth floor so people can get up in an elevator and move ahead quickly.