Let's have some fun....!

I truly enjoy this site for a myriad of reasons since joining a few months back and have tried to contribute in the spirit in which the site was intended. I love the verbal bantering, dialogue, jokes, intelligent humour and most of all appreciation of the ladies.

I may be way off base here (remember I've only been on since Feb), but I'm sensing a shift in tone lately to things of a bit more serious, blue, political and not-so-fun nature in the General Discussion Area at least. Is anyone else of the same view?

This may sound corny, but I come here late at night after work is all done to "hang out". But lately, am finding this a little on the serious and not-so-fun side. I love this site and may be reading things all wrong.

Anyone want to hop in here, and am I the only one feeling this?

G11

I too have noticed a marked increase in what could be deemed less than warm and fluffy threads as of late. I find myself contributing less and less to the board and I am certainly not enjoying it, but I just have no interest in contributing to the more controversial or opinion based threads. I continue to contribute to what I consider to be the fact based threads, i.e. the can someone recommend a lady with brown hair type threads.

I am unsure if it is just me, but since you G11 have obviously started this thread, I suppose it is not. I do find a lot of the conversations have already been had and possibly this is limiting my participation...however I am unsure???

So for me I will continue to post recommendations (which I love) and keep contributing when and where I can.

I think there is a place for both serious and fun threads on CERB, and everyone has the choice to read what interests them. I would argue the opposite of the previous posters. Sometimes a serious thread can be hijacked by a poster who makes a joke and it is picked up by others, effectively killing the thread.

I think the bottom line is that the hobbyists and ladies on CERB may be interested in discussing both serious and fun topics, and we should allow for both, without imposing our own individual preferences on others.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Cerb is a small community in many respects, and as such the general tone varies - depending on who happens to be taking part at any given moment. One creative jokester might go on a well-deserved sunny vacation; a couple of particularly grouchy fault-finders might have extra time on their hands to post little black clouds; if so, the Cerb fun-tide ebbs. Vice-versa, and the Cerb fun-tide flows. Don't like the weather? Wait a bit!

Right now, it's summer, people are "in and out" more than ever (feel free to consider that a joke, all ye who are thirsting after a bit of lame humour), they're out and about, AFK, making hay while the sun shines, and things can slow down here in cyberspace during such times.

Aside from the boy-meets-girl core business of the site - fluff is fun, but not all the world's a sunny day. Seriousness has its place. Learning from each other is a big part of the site, and learning can be uncomfortable sometimes. Events in the world outside impact us all and will get discussed and taken seriously as they occur. The recent federal election, and just last week the court sessions regarding the constitutional challenge, were hot topics of a serious nature because they have the potential to affect our business and/or pastimes in a profound way.

As Steve mentions, another ebb and flow here on Cerb is the "life-cycle" of members - after one has been on the board a while, the general discussion topics that are brought up over and over again lose their newness and shine, and the baton tends to get passed to the fresher members who haven't been around the block as many times. One has to work at it to keep one's interest up in talking about the same stuff today as was talked about yesterday, or on many yesterdays. For those who do keep posting on the same topics over and over, the rest of us wind up knowing what they're going to post even before they post it, so that's not quite so interesting for us either.

It's all in the nature of things. Tones ebb and flow, similar topics tend to cluster together and then peter out, to be replaced with cycles of differently related topics.

Everyone here has one common interest, that we know. But other than that, we're a diverse bunch and things would be boring otherwise. There are many loose sub-communities within the Cerb umbrella. Plenty of threads don't get my juices flowing, so I just ignore them. The threads that I wind up spending my time on, many other members haven't the slightest interest in.

G11 (or anyone!) - If you're feeling like there's something missing from today's current mix, just step right in, get down and funky, and post a few things to help fill the gap. Someone will likely reply in kind, or your post will jog something similarly funky within their brain, and the Cerb pendulum will soon be swinging your way again!

and I am caffiene free after being bitchy with a headache for the last 3 days...I think we should start some fun and interesting threads. :) I'll post my thoughts later... Back to cleaning now. lol.

• Like 1

and I am caffiene free after being bitchy with a headache for the last 3 days...I think we should start some fun and interesting threads. :) I'll post my thoughts later... Back to cleaning now. lol.

Ummm, just as a side note...any chance we can get some topless pics of you cleaning? (LOL) I bet those would be HOT!!

And now, back to our thread.....

E.

Ummm, just as a side note...any chance we can get some topless pics of you cleaning? (LOL) I bet those would be HOT!!

And now, back to our thread.....

E.

Yeah how about a french maid costume with peekaboo cleavage?lol. I'm sure I'd look so sexy bending over cleaning the toilet. NOT! lol. EMB, you are distracting me from cleaning. lmao.

Angela and I will brainstorm and think of some fun threads. I don't want to be all doom and gloom.

Guest s******ecan****
Agreed. I'm all about fluff, and proud of it ;)

Speaking of fluff anybody else eat this stuff as a kid? My brother and I used to love it but my mom refused to buy it. Later when I had finished university and got my first job and own place I remember buying some of this in a juvenile declaration of independence. I threw it out after one spoonful, some things just aren't the same when you've "grown up" :)

Speaking of fluff anybody else eat this stuff as a kid? My brother and I used to love it but my mom refused to buy it. Later when I had finished university and got my first job and own place I remember buying some of this in a juvenile declaration of independence. I threw it out after one spoonful, some things just aren't the same when you've "grown up" :)

Yeah.. that marshmallow stuff tastes nasty

Pefect idea for a thread Scott!

Yeah how about a french maid costume with peekaboo cleavage?lol. I'm sure I'd look so sexy bending over cleaning the toilet. NOT! lol. EMB, you are distracting me from cleaning. lmao.

Angela and I will brainstorm and think of some fun threads. I don't want to be all doom and gloom.

Great Thread ! It has been a somewhat stormy, rainy summer for many coast to coast this year at times, so some funny threads to cheer people up could be fun :icon_smile: Nothin like a good belly laugh !

Now Nikki....I love the sounds of the outfit, and the bending over part but lets go with a feather duster :icon_wink:

I look forward to reading the results of some productive "brainstorming"

Great Thread ! It has been a somewhat stormy, rainy summer for many coast to coast this year at times, so some funny threads to cheer people up could be fun :icon_smile: Nothin like a good belly laugh !

Now Nikki....I love the sounds of the outfit, and the bending over part but lets go with a feather duster :icon_wink:

I look forward to reading the results of some productive "brainstorming"

I think we need one big thread kind of like the variation on a song thread completely devoted to hijacking and mindless bantering.