Re: the Royals....how do you feel about this?

NYET290-628_2011_144047_high.jpg

I am not sure why but this makes me uncomfortable. Did Diana not suffer enough in her young life? Now...the what ifs? I can't explain it but I do not like this cover!

That cover photo raises many thoughts, memories and concerns.

It is of interest that William and Kate will be here in PEI in a few days, and since their visit was announced this winter I have had memories of the visit here of Charles and Diana, shortly after their marriage.

At that time Diana was considered to be "A breath of fresh air', in the royal family and in the perception of the royals by the public. At the time my wife and I, though not royalty buffs, did go to see them in Montague and at the time we were able to be as close to them as people would be in a normal social gathering. In all honesty, it was rather an interesting experience.

As the years went by and we saw the pressure that Diana was under we always wondered if she had realized what it was that she was signing on for.

Now, here we are and I ask if history is repeating itself? This time it is William and Kate, and this time, two "breathes of fresh air." Since their engagement I have hoped that she does indeed know what it is that she is embarked upon. She is older than Diana was and I am in hopes that the two of them are prepared for what lies ahead.

The photo then for me has raised both memories and pondering.

Will I go see William and Kate when they are here in a few days. Not this time because my wife is no longer here to do that with and I suspect that times have changed and it would not be a casual mingling social as I recalled for Charles and Diana many years ago.

Overall, I have to say that I find that cover photo disturbing.

• Like 2

Guest s******ecan****

I can't get over the fact she'd be 50 were she still alive.

That cover photo raises many thoughts, memories and concerns.

It is of interest that William and Kate will be here in PEI in a few days, and since their visit was announced this winter I have had memories of the visit here of Charles and Diana, shortly after their marriage.

At that time Diana was considered to be "A breath of fresh air', in the royal family and in the perception of the royals by the public. At the time my wife and I, though not royalty buffs, did go to see them in Montague and at the time we were able to be as close to them as people would be in a normal social gathering. In all honesty, it was rather an interesting experience.

As the years went by and we saw the pressure that Diana was under we always wondered if she had realized what it was that she was signing on for.

Now, here we are and I ask if history is repeating itself? This time it is William and Kate, and this time, two "breathes of fresh air." Since their engagement I have hoped that she does indeed know what it is that she is embarked upon. She is older than Diana was and I am in hopes that the two of them are prepared for what lies ahead.

The photo then for me has raised both memories and pondering.

Will I go see William and Kate when they are here in a few days. Not this time because my wife is no longer here to do that with and I suspect that times have changed and it would not be a casual mingling social as I recalled for Charles and Diana many years ago.

Overall, I have to say that I find that cover photo disturbing.

Tried to give you rep points but have to spread the love. Thanks you everyone for agreeing with Moi :)

I'm not terribly uncomfortable because of the context I take from it, although I have not read the article in the magazine. Isn't it such a shame that Kate doesn't have her mother in law around to help her in assimilating into the royal family, and helping her avoid some of the pitfalls that Diana experienced.

Guest S**a*Q

Nevermind God Save The Queen...

God should've saved the princess.

I don't find it right either to take the picture of Diana and alter it to make her look 50 and present it like that. In that sense I agree with you all.

What was your thought when they took old movie from Elvis and but him beside Celine Dion on American Idol to make it look like they were singing a duet?

I don't find it right either to take the picture of Diana and alter it to make her look 50 and present it like that. In that sense I agree with you all.

What was your thought when they took old movie from Elvis and but him beside Celine Dion on American Idol to make it look like they were singing a duet?

Hated that too! The Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole video bugged me as well!

Guest gagagaga

I can't think of anything I care less about than a bunch of inbred wastes of space whose only achievement is being born. I wish it were illegal to ever speak about or publish anything about them.