If you can remember going bowling, yelling at the pinsetter got taking too long to reset the pins, and getting an answer back, you're old.

Old:

pinsetters.jpg

Really old:

Elt200902022158000432679.jpg

You know who this is, you remember the song and you know how HUGE it was.....

Steve-Martin-King-Tut.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, Janis... a large part of my worldview was shaped by her music. She was a major influence. Until yesterday. Or was it day after tomorrow? I still define a woman singer who is trying to tear her whole soul out on stage by how closely she resembles Janis.

The loss of Janis capped off a pretty crappy two week period in the Fall of 1970. Jimi Hendrix, Blind Owl Wilson, and Janis all joined the 27 Club then.

She's mostly remembered for "Piece of My Heart" but I liked her on "Summertime" because it was so close to where she started.

Janis Joplin - Summertime (Live Gröna Lund 1969)

Ah, Janis... a large part of my worldview was shaped by her music. She was a major influence. Until yesterday. Or was it day after tomorrow? I still define a woman singer who is trying to tear her whole soul out on stage by how closely she resembles Janis.

The loss of Janis capped off a pretty crappy two week period in the Fall of 1970. Jimi Hendrix, Blind Owl Wilson, and Janis all joined the 27 Club then.

She's mostly remembered for "Piece of My Heart" but I liked her on "Summertime" because it was so close to where she started.

Janis Joplin - Summertime (Live Gröna Lund 1969)

"Summertime" has always been one of my favorites also, followed by "Cry Baby" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjD4eWEUgMM&feature=related

You know your are old, when you played Twister with 3 girls in their early twenties, (after a few drinks) and you CAN'T hardly walk the next day ;) hehehe

• Like 1

when all money starting with "$" fit in your wallet.

canadian-1-dollar-bill-1967-centennial-uncirculated_250761077380.jpg418447269_56acd769dc.jpg2-bill.jpgPNC%20-%20Canada%202D%20last_Sp.jpg418447935_9fcaccc060.jpg

and sometimes even the change was paper!!!

CanadaP11c-25Cents-1923-donatedanr_f.jpg25centbill.jpgcanada25c1870.jpg

You know your old when you can remember these ads in comics

sub-3.jpg

jetrocket.jpg

A-Real-Mobile-Tank.jpg

How about these ones, RG:

charlesatlas.jpg

COMICAD_pet_monkey.jpg

med_xray_specs.jpg

• Like 2

When you bought pop and it came out like this...

coke-bottle.jpgPRI_Pepsi_Bottle_low.jpgvern1orslrg.jpg721-5565.jpgvcbscdrcf400s.jpg2580787973_80790bfa31.jpgattachment.php?attachmentid=2715&stc=1&d=11725199902712d1172519952-value-7up-dr-pepper-bottles-unopened-full-dsc03699.jpg

...and you returned the bottle for a deposit refund so it could be cleaned and re-used.

Now we have recycling where the glass is crushed and made into stuff other than bottles.

When your TV had dials on the front that corrected

Horizontal HOLD

tv_skewed.gif

and Vertical HOLD

tv_roll.gif

1956%20May%20-%20DiVecchios%20First%20TV%20Set.jpg

You know you're old if your first car phone had to be installed, part in the front, part in the trunk

OldCarPhone_t607.jpg

or this was your portable phone:

old_motorola_mobile_phone_think_your_mobile_phone_is_too_big_pics-s450x299-229-580.png

yup!!!!

this was just like the one in my old car!!! My first cell phone - 1991!

3n23p43le5Z05P65X2b9162cfdb0220881438.jpg

You know your old when your first "cell" phone was in fact a pay phone, and it cost ten cents to make a call, then was upped to twenty five cents

3313813-an-outside-telephone-pay-phone-on-pole.jpg

BTW, I don't recall growing up seeing line ups of people waiting to use a pay phone, but now, everyone "needs" a phone to their ear 24/7 365 days a year

Kinda makes you go hummmmm.

RG

When you remember these guys (2011):

Aerosmith-New-Album.jpg

When they looked like these guys (1972):

Aerosmith+1972.jpg

Guest W***ledi*Time
You know your old when you remember when this guy took a stroll on the moon

Maybe not such a big deal now, but back then, it was ...

I watched them all on the TV, from Alan Shepard live in Mercury's Freedom7 to ... well, Alan Shepard again and the rest of other eleven Men on the Moon.

I read a book a couple of years ago (I forget the title, dang it) - which stated that the consensus of the Apollo 11 crew themselves prior to mission launch was that they had a 50% chance of landing on the moon. And only a 25% chance of landing and all three making it back to earth. How little the public knew!

Even though they did it six times, and the whole thing was mind-boggling at the time, it would be even more amazing to see a seventh manned moon landing - it's been 39 years since the last one, and the clock's still ticking. Who would have imagined back then that after Apollo wrapped up ... we might not live long enough to see another one?

how about when you can remember when these guys (2011):

rolling-stones.jpg

were these guys (1964):

rolling_stones-gal-street.jpg