If you know what this is, you're old:

80sCassetteAdapter-520px.jpg

I do!!!! We had to get one for my Grandpa in the mid 80's when 8 tracks were no longer available and we bought him a new set of "Don Messer's Jubilee" cassettes.....

When you finally discover, after watching the movie annually on B&W tube as a kid (scary monkees), that only Kansas is in black and white and Oz is in colour on those new fangled colour TV's. It was a whole new experience after that.

And the monkees were still scary.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUf9qwUa-S3hqAKGEbFYIf6ZqHRPmZtMpXo_piWQejMOfi8GLA

• Like 1

You know your old when it seems just like yesterday you graduated university and joined the working world, but next week you are getting sent on a pre-retirement training course

But of all the courses I have taken in my career, this is the one I am most looking forward too

RG

You know you're old when this was your very first passport:

Expopass.jpg

I still have mine with 85 stamps and stickers from pavillions and exhibits. This child's version is missing the french above the logo and the Terre Des Hommes - Man and His World.

The fair in '68 was even more fun as we could go without our parents.

You know you're old when this was your very first passport:

I still have mine with 85 stamps and stickers from pavillions and exhibits. This child's version is missing the french above the logo and the Terre Des Hommes - Man and His World.

The fair in '68 was even more fun as we could go without our parents.

I guess you'll recognize this:

200px-Canada_1967_Centennial_Logo.svg.png

I guess you'll recognize this:

200px-Canada_1967_Centennial_Logo.svg.png

I actually received one of those in kindergarten.... it was our task to learn how to count to 100 (being the centennial and all)... and I almost screwed up. I figured after ninety nine, the next natural numerical progression would be "tendy" and after "Tendy nine" it would be Elevendy.

When you suddenly realize that most of the music you love...and grew up with....is considered "classic" rock all of a sudden.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest W***ledi*Time
If you know what the slots on the bottom of the card are for, then you're old...

Hey, I threw out my Rolodex only 6 years ago ...

Remember shopping in department stores back in the days when your money was whisked away in pneumatic tubes to the office, and then your change and receipt came back to you the same way?

tubes-nypublib.jpg?w=440&h=330

pipes1a.jpg

when you went into a grocery or hardware store and saw one of these... and you knew what they were for!

1460683578_82979d86f8.jpg

Hey, I threw out my Rolodex only 6 years ago ...

Remember shopping in department stores back in the days when your money was whisked away in pneumatic tubes to the office, and then your change and receipt came back to you the same way?

Home depot uses those today to wisk cash away from the cashier.

when you went into a grocery or hardware store and saw one of these... and you knew what they were for!

...and knew how to work it!

And you know that this is:

ist2_1296830-vacuum-tube.jpg

Home depot uses those today to wisk cash away from the cashier.

...and knew how to work it!

And you know that this is:

ist2_1296830-vacuum-tube.jpg

... in fact I have several of those in this monster that is sitting in my living room waiting for repair...

1950_PHILCO_T1403_12inch_TV.jpg

When it was called Kentucky Fried Chicken, not KFC (I guess they don't want to emphasis the "F" word these days).

kentucky-fried-chicken.jpg

When it was called Kentucky Fried Chicken, not KFC (I guess they don't want to emphasis the "F" word these days).

kentucky-fried-chicken.jpg

Ahhhh... but even more trivial. Your picture noted "The Twins" as the franchisee for Kentucky Fried Chicken. There was another master franchisee in Canada.... "Scott's Chicken Villa".... between the two companies they owned nearly all of the KFCs in Canada.

scotts.jpg

You know your old when you remember back in the day, Harvey's actually made their fries from fresh potatoes and they tasted great

Now it's just tasteless...except for the salt and vinegar you put on them

RG

You know your old when you remember back in the day, Harvey's actually made their fries from fresh potatoes and they tasted great

Now it's just tasteless...except for the salt and vinegar you put on them

RG

Or when Harveys actually charbroiled their burgers. My friend used to work there and he told me it took them almost an hour every night to clean the grill. But boy they sure tasted much better!

• Like 1

Guest t**d**teur

1460683578_82979d86f8.jpg

And I still have the radio that uses those, but the turntable turns at 78! Argh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk