I'm curious. Who enjoys British humour and who doesn't? And btw what's your fave British comedy series? I always enjoyed Monty Python as a kid, and found I laughed out loud a lot more watching Brit humour than many American shows. Nowadays I have to say Little Britain is totally classic and I love watching reruns. How 'bout you?

The office was originally a British series, and was only on for two years. Far better than the American edition

My favourite shows are "Mr Bean", "Dave Allen at Large" and "Kitchen Nightmares [uK]" (ok, nightmares isn't technically comedy, but I laugh when I watch the screw ups).

The US Kitchen Nightmares is great, but Gordon Ramsay seems to have mellowed out a bit.

I think Monty Python had a big effect on my formative years lol. The reruns were already old but seemed so fresh. I think there are a lot of phrases and skits that have become part of our cultural history, nudge nudge.

I hadn't had a chance to see Little Britain, but from the bits I've seen and the description, I am pretty sure it would be my cup of tea.

I would have to say that "Idiot Abroad" was a pretty funny show. I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoys travel shows.

Showing my age, for me it was Red Dwarf and Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister!

Fawlty Towers always seemed to be too slapstick for my liking...

The Office (the British version) is great in its own way, though it has always made totally ill at ease, which is, well, what it aimed to accomplish. Does everyone know the close connection between Gervais and Ontario?

For me the top british comedies are Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister, On the Busses, and Fawlty Towers (John Cleese is my favorite of the Monty Python troupe)

Posted via Mobile Device

Like the others before me.

Fawlty Towers

Mr. Bean

Monty Python

... and I think it was called Spitting Image. It was done with puppets.

I have even memorized some Monty Python sketches.

I've never really gotten too much into straight up British comedy, but I've found that British television or movies in general tend to have a very strong comedic element. Even in things which technically speaking aren't comedies. So yes, I guess I do love that dry British humor.

A couple of my favorites are:

Jekyll:

I highly recommend this BBC mini-series! It's a lot of fun

Dog Soldiers (the second clip hear is pretty violent and gory, but delivered in a pretty humorous way):

V for Vendetta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW6HbZXI9Y0

American Werewolf In London has a lot of subtle British humor. That movie always cracks me up.

HBO's Rome..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4MLP6XyGI&playnext=1&list=PL0C70FFE4AAE18223 ("Now that...is an exit" lmao!)

("The girl better fuck him like Helen Of Troy with her ass on fire...or I'll know why"....best...line....EVER!)

I totally forgot about the latest update to Sherlock Holmes (the show, not the movie).

I also have to second Jekyll, that was a great mini-series!

Oooooo, I like this thread!!! A couple of classics that not many people here might know are Chef and Dad's Army. Bless Me Father is another great one, and one of my all time favorite programs. We certainly have a wonky sense of humor in Britain! :D

Guest S***dst***

I'm currently a HUUUGE fan of "The one Ronnie"

here is my favorite clips so far:

Oooooo, I like this thread!!! A couple of classics that not many people here might know are Chef and Dad's Army. Bless Me Father is another great one, and one of my all time favorite programs. We certainly have a wonky sense of humor in Britain! :D

bahahha I had to google Bless me Father...but from what I can understand from british humour it's funny:P

Arthur Lowe was one of the best comedic actors to come out of the UK. Total deadpan delivery, and brilliantly hilarious!