Any News on When We'll Vote for Awards for 2011

It's August, and Just wondered when we will be gearing up to vote again since we did it around this time last year.

Now that Angela mentions it I too am curious when we are voting on this years recipients.

• Like 1

Makes me rather nervous. When I read Angelas post I did not know anything about it, so I did a bit of background looking aroiund to find out what it was about.

I now see what it is about but the reason that I am nervous is that many of the nominees from even just a year ago do not seem to be participating. I am only here since January so that makes me think that my days must be numbered. LOL

I now see what it is about but the reason that I am nervous is that many of the nominees from even just a year ago do not seem to be participating. I am only here since January so that makes me think that my days must be numbered. LOL

Don't worry this isn't Survivor no one is voting anyone off of the island...unless that person is a Yankee fan! In all seriousness if others aren't around anymore that is their choice. There are lots of members who are "Valued Members" who have been here forever, examples being Pistol Pete, Cato, etc. Not to mention the ladies.

Don't worry this isn't Survivor no one is voting anyone off of the island...unless that person is a Yankee fan! In all seriousness if others aren't around anymore that is their choice. There are lots of members who are "Valued Members" who have been here forever, examples being Pistol Pete, Cato, etc. Not to mention the ladies.

hahaha! good analogy!

Totally here with you on that. Being honest, I never guessed that this forum would have such Relations, Community and Spirit before I joined last Oct.

What a great thing we have going on here :) Reading posts and being able to comment and put out something personal on here and only here where certain things can be discussed that can't be elsewhere, without shame or explanation is an experience and an adventure(adventuring around the posts)

The ladies and gents I have come to really appreciate and adore, clicking on their posts to see what they have said , a Cerb thread followed I am. I get excited, nibble my thumb and laugh out loud even talk to myself or the posts "What!, no way!!!"

So, Cheers to you Cerb Community and thanks for sharing such awesome facts, stories, pictures, opinions and caring..A lot of people on here make an impact, a difference with either witty comments or fun filled facts or a general sense of kindness that touches the boards and lights up my screen. Do I get to vote too? I really wanna!

• Like 1

Do I get to vote too? I really wanna!

Every member of Cerb will have the chance to nominate people and vote. If you are a member, you have a vote.

Everyone has an equal chance of winning!

Good luck to all who are nominated! (when it happens) hehe

Being honest, I never guessed that this forum would have such Relations, Community and Spirit before I joined last Oct.

What a great thing we have going on here :)

I totally agree. I've only been here a couple of days and I'm utterly amazed at the warmth and _community_ here. Everybody's trying to build online communities, but you folks have actually done it, and that's rare and commendable. It actually feels.... safe. Safe, welcoming, and magnificently filthy. ;)

• Like 1

I am so excited for this! I missed it last year, I joined shortly after. There are so many of you that deserve a vote!!!

I haven't been here forever, Steve. It just seems that way. LOL

But I'm eager for the new poll, too. Many nominees in sight.

The board has seen some pretty radical change over the last year, with a few familiar names leaving or becoming less active while new members have stepped up to the plate to keep the pace flowing, that along with a much stronger presence from the east coast and varied and diverse membership and topics that are discussed here this should be interesting to see who wins the award but to see the contenders up for nomination. Good luck to all who take part!

Just a dumb question, does each CERBite nominate just 1 lady, and 1 guy, and then once nominations are posted, you vote...or how does it work

Only ask because there are a few ladies and gentlemen that I can think of off the top of my head for nominations

RG

Just a dumb question, does each CERBite nominate just 1 lady, and 1 guy, and then once nominations are posted, you vote...or how does it work

Only ask because there are a few ladies and gentlemen that I can think of off the top of my head for nominations

RG

If memory serves, and don't quote me, a member either male or female can nominate and vote for as many nominees as they see fit. I also believe that when a member is originally nominated they are nominated for life sort of speak and don't ever have to be nominated again. As I said if memory serves.

If memory serves, and don't quote me, a member either male or female can nominate and vote for as many nominees as they see fit. I also believe that when a member is originally nominated they are nominated for life sort of speak and don't ever have to be nominated again. As I said if memory serves.

Sorry to quote you in response LOL, but thanks

RG :-)

I could be wrong, Steve, but my recollection is that there's a new batch of nominations each time. Previously nominated members get to keep their 'badges', but I think they have to be renominated to participate in the poll.

• Like 1

I think it's time for the MOD to chime in here and let us know what's up.

(Not like you have enough to worry about running the site on a day-to-day basis, eh?(

Hey Mod! Aren't we all just a bunch of impatient brats, eh? lol

Edited by Soleil Sublime
grammar

Guest L**gh M****e

I completely agree with with you datyaddict.....I'm new to Cerb as well and find the environment quite welcoming and warm. I'm pretty new to Ottawa (I hail from Cape Breton, NS) and Cerb and it's members are a nice part of my life and plan to be much more active now that I'm getting use to it here. It's like a gentle breeze, refreshing for sure! I wish all the best and will be checking back quite frequently as how the poles are doing.