It occurred to me the other day that in a town that knows much about requests for proposals, might there be a way to create a CERB centric RFP or "request for pleasure". The idea would be we hobbyists put up a post that says here is when, location guidelines, service offerings requested and other prefs and you lovely ladies could see that and say, sure, looks like I am in town, working and into that....give me a call. Not a competitive pricing model but moreso....and forgive me this awful analogy...like a ride sharing site.

Is this over complicating an easy thing or just plain flawed?

Comments

......... or just plain flawed?

Comments

Sounds like a not bad idea though it may already exist elsewhere, however I'm betting that inevitably us hobbyists would end up creating rfp's that simply smack of soliciting and that would be a no no!

J

It occurred to me the other day that in a town that knows much about requests for proposals, might there be a way to create a CERB centric RFP or "request for pleasure". The idea would be we hobbyists put up a post that says here is when, location guidelines, service offerings requested and other prefs and you lovely ladies could see that and say, sure, looks like I am in town, working and into that....give me a call. Not a competitive pricing model but moreso....and forgive me this awful analogy...like a ride sharing site.

Is this over complicating an easy thing or just plain flawed?

Comments

Complicating things is an understatement and flawed is an under understatement...

cat

I love seeing a bit of levity on Cerb but I think you posted in the wrong section as this surely belongs with the jokes. Right? Is so, hahahaha I laughed so hard that it actually made my day :)

• Like 1

OMG I did not want to convey that notion of bidding on a bj (funny line though) just thought of it from a scheduling point of view. But as an aside, would an online auction site for SP's be BJ-bay?? :-)

OMG I did not want to convey that notion of bidding on a bj (funny line though) just thought of it from a scheduling point of view. But as an aside, would an online auction site for SP's be BJ-bay?? :-)

Even if it was just from a scheduling point of view, we would be bidding for your business which would lead into solicitation problems regardless of whether or not it would be on this site and essentially we would be bidding for these types of services.

I am convinced this is a bad idea

Great!!!! You saw the light and my faith is now restored :) sorry gotta make funny sometimes!

I am convinced this is a bad idea

I'm glad that you've understood. Thank you for being thoughtful, honestly engaged and responsible.

For whatever it's worth, I'd like to say that this kind of thing did go on, occasionally, on sites like c-r-aigs_list, but it's not something that most of us here would go for.

Personally, I have no need to compete with any other companion. There are plenty of men, enough for everyone.

What I want is the right kind of client for me and what I have to offer, and I want to be the right companion for him, too. That's a huge part of what screening is about. It's not about how I can earn the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time nor am I keeping score or making comparisons between myself and some other paid companion.

I have had clients tell me that they'd been intrigued by someone's advertisement and so they'd had gone to get quick service from ladies who charge much, much less than I do. For whatever reason, they recognized that the experience I provide is incomparably different, and that's what brought them back.

The way I look at it, there are times when a chocolate bar and a bottle of cold soda from the corner store is absolutely perfect. And there are times when only fine dining will be adequate for one's needs.

• Like 2

I don't see the point.

Sps post ads, join online forums sometimes, have websites, etc etc. All of this is in order to provide clients with enough information to make a decision for themselves.

Among other drawbacks to the idea, is simply that the clear majority of sps are not going to see the Wanted ad. That's it and that's all. They don't go online, they aren't reading other ads, they don't participate on forums, they don't posts or comments and some don't even read messages and emails, or even see comments in their ads or about them.

You are really limiting your selection if you think that posting a Want ad is going to get you options and offers. Plus, there is a certain scent of desperation on the sps who post their eligibility in the ad, or even by pm. There would be a slight hint that whatever they may give as the rate and service would be open to negotiation simply by the implication of them replying in the first place.

Being rather familiar with issuing RFP's in a past life, there would be too many Amendments. :icon_wink:

Lou it was a valid question, none are stupid ones. And I am happy to see you understand. Graciousness in a man is nice to see.

• Like 1

Wow, good way to get LOTS of SP's to flag your post and probably give you bad reputation and blacklist you.

COMMENTS FLAGGED TO ME SO FAR ARE....

• back handed attempt to get lower prices
  • should be considered as propositioning.
  • It's lazy (PAthetic)
  • WTF?? what is this guy suggesting?
  • This is just wrong.
  • This is a no no.
  • Having the Sp's "bid" to service someone. YIKES

I am closing the thread and leaving it up so others know this is NOT a good idea.