Favourite TV shows as a kid

finally, Angela, someone mentioned Lassie

I am verging on moving into the you know when you are old thread, but most of the shows mentioned were on when I was in high school or university (the big 58 is coming up in 11 days)

WIT came close with Thunderbirds ... but for me it was the predecessor, Fireball XL5 ... I used to build and re-build the rocket ship with my erector set (yes, not a meccano set, their earlier long gone competitor)

... and back to Lassie ... my father (still alive thankfully) says I used to cry during lassie :(

Lassie: Another show where you never saw the parent's bedroom.

I used to watch it during the "Timmy" years.

Jon%20Provost%20and%20Lassie.jpg

lassie.jpg

For those who listed The Incredible Hulk as one of the shows they watched as a child, you wouldn't like him when he's angry :p RIP Bill

11563_170696387044_539092044_3328791_1500877_n.jpg

Knight Rider was one of my son's fave shows. I took him to a car show just so he could see KITT. Still have the picture of him sitting in it.

RIP Mike

when i was younger i had a car the same as that but now that i'm older i have a truck lol wanted dead or alive - sanford and son

Guest W***ledi*Time

I ate my breakfast (toast or Puffed Wheat, and Tang) in front of the TV every morning, watching Captain Kangaroo. I had to leave for school right about the time my favourite segment, Mr Green Jeans, came on. I rarely got to watch him before being shooed out the door.

cap-bunny.jpgwk-pop-MR-GREEN.jpg

Great Thread. Bonanza was huge in the early sixties. Sunday Night at ten after Ed Sullivan. Remember the Musical Theme:

Before that - Gunsmoke (Mattt Dillon, Chester, Miss Kitty and Doc Holiday)

- Maverick - Young James Garner - TV series inspired the movie

Can anyone rember Howdy Duddy?

TV was new to our city when i was six. So I remeber a time without TV and we listened to Radio shows. When I was in grade one I was scolded by my Teacher for wathcing Dragnet which came on at 9:00!

Here are a few of mine...

ALF, Murder She Wrote, Who's the Boss, Fraggle Rock, and last but not least, the Care Bears. :)

Edited by Sweet Angel

I ate my breakfast (toast or Puffed Wheat, and Tang) in front of the TV every morning, watching Captain Kangaroo. I had to leave for school right about the time my favourite segment, Mr Green Jeans, came on. I rarely got to watch him before being shooed out the door.

cap-bunny.jpgwk-pop-MR-GREEN.jpg

My favourite part of Captain Kangaroo??? Tom Terrific!!!

PUC6OjAZcsX6xVR.jpg

Did anyone mention the million dollar man?

My little brother did the perfect impression of Steve Austin's slow motion moves; with sound effects! He was probably around 4 at the time...was hilarious!

Well the Six Million Dollar Man was ok, but it was the Bionic Woman

that I liked...I wonder why

Titlecard-bionicwoman.jpg

2009-11-30_Lindsay_Wagner.jpg

RG

Additional Comments:

398132430.jpg

As for Murder She Wrote, everytime Angela Landsberry shows up, a murder gets committed....gee, why wasn't she a suspect LOL

RG

I think they created the Bionic Woman so that the Six Million Dollar man would stop touching his own junk. Remember, he lost his right arm in the accident... and his bionic arm could crush bowling balls and pick up hippos from the bottom of rivers. He would have been a menace to himself.

... plus he was a better alternative to her former boyfriend, the Sasquatch.

lindsay-lee-bigfoot.jpg

bigfoot123.jpg

Anyone remember these?

manimal05.jpg434187.jpg

And I mentioned The Incredible Hulk earlier. Apparently there's a NEW Hulk tv show on the horizon being developed by Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth) and David Eick (the current Battlestar Gallactica) for ABC. http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/08/12/hulk-tv-show-guillermo-del-toro/ .....hopefully it fairs better than that new Knight Rider show did :p