Visa , Mastercard ??????

I have been getting alot of requests if I accept visa , mastercard etc. I am actually going to my bank today to learn how to get money wired to me. I see that other sp's do this. I have some questions and if somebody can give me there advice please do. ( sp's or pooners)

How does this whole visa thing work?

Are you supposed to accept payment before like an hour or so before to confirm payment. ???

For example, This guy that is sending money to confirm his booking a week in advance he wants to send half now and half when we meet. Is that what your supposed to do ?

Bottom line I have no idea and it is something I am interested in . If someone could give me some advice please do so.:confused0024:

I have been getting alot of requests if I accept visa , mastercard etc. I am actually going to my bank today to learn how to get money wired to me. I see that other sp's do this. I have some questions and if somebody can give me there advice please do. ( sp's or pooners)

How does this whole visa thing work?

Are you supposed to accept payment before like an hour or so before to confirm payment. ???

For example, This guy that is sending money to confirm his booking a week in advance he wants to send half now and half when we meet. Is that what your supposed to do ?

Bottom line I have no idea and it is something I am interested in . If someone could give me some advice please do so.:confused0024:

Not the voice of great experience here, but, I am VERY confident that if you set up to use Visa or MC that on each transaction they will keep a percentage of the amount charged on the card, out of your pocket. I believe that it is in the area of 3%.

From a volunteer organization that I was a part of, I believe that I recall there was also a monthly fee that would be to you of $50 from Visa, regardless of whether it is used or not.

For myself, I am a firm believer in electronic funds transfers. It is totally anonymous for you as the receiver. The sender need not know your real name, any bank information, only an email account that you can set up at gmail, or wherever.

I have put out enough $ in the last year that I would love to have had the airmiles that come from using a credit card however :), but as I said, credit cards carry a fee for you.

Hope this helps and that it is accurate.

I just created a paypal account , but after reading the threads ( thanks wrinkledintime) I'm not sure of it. I do have internet banking . I think I'm just going to go to my branch and check it out .

I would recommend only accepting interac money transfers. You do not need to reveal your real name, banking information, or any other personal information to the client, and once it's in your account it cannot be removed. If you charge credit cards, or use paypal, he could "backcharge" and take your money back.

• Like 3

Guest f***2f***

I've heard some real horror stories about Pay Pal. I would avoid that and the credit card thing altogether....they charge the vendor as does Interac for the privilege of using them. Email transfer is the way to go if you have to use anything other than cash.

Edited by f***2f***
typos

I've heard some real horror stories about Pay Pal. I would avoid that and the credit card thing altogether....they charge the vendor as does Interac for the privilege of using them. Email transfer is the way to go if you have to use anything other than cash.

Agreed, if you had to, email transfer the way to go if cold hard cash is not an option

But I've found the ladies I see like cash in an envelope, so thats the way I'll run

RG

I would recommend only accepting interac money transfers. You do not need to reveal your real name' date=' banking information, or any other personal information to the client, and once it's in your account it cannot be removed. If you charge credit cards, or use paypal, he could "backcharge" and take your money back.[/quote']

I would suggest that a "generic" sounding email address be used by the SP for interac/email transfers ... some of the erotic sounding addresses get flagged ... the CIBC flagged one of my transfers, put a hold on my bank account and a hold on the money transfered ... it just took a phone call to straighten it out, but I learned a lesson for any future transfers

• Like 1

Not the voice of great experience here, but, I am VERY confident that if you set up to use Visa or MC that on each transaction they will keep a percentage of the amount charged on the card, out of your pocket. I believe that it is in the area of 3%.

From a volunteer organization that I was a part of, I believe that I recall there was also a monthly fee that would be to you of $50 from Visa, regardless of whether it is used or not.

For myself, I am a firm believer in electronic funds transfers. It is totally anonymous for you as the receiver. The sender need not know your real name, any bank information, only an email account that you can set up at gmail, or wherever.

I have put out enough $ in the last year that I would love to have had the airmiles that come from using a credit card however :), but as I said, credit cards carry a fee for you.

Hope this helps and that it is accurate.

If it helps, I use a Bank of Montreal prepaid Mastercard for all online purchases. Ebay, paypal, or hotel booking, or whatever. Load it outta your bank account and in there next night usually. It is a "no charge" mastercard, you just pay when you use it. No monthly fees. Online banking with it is very easy. No statements, just online. Link it to your airmiles card. It is awesome.

• Like 1

Interac money transfer is the best way to go, Western Union is kind of pricey but would be a second choice. Just be careful I read somewhere that your bank will report you to Revenue Canada if you transfer over a certain amount. I've used Interac a few times and I've never had any problem.

Agreed, if you had to, email transfer the way to go if cold hard cash is not an option

But I've found the ladies I see like cash in an envelope, so thats the way I'll run

RG

I would suggest that an email transfer is cold hard cash, just the same. It's just one you withdraw it from your account at the ATM or the other when when you send the email.

I would suggest that an email transfer is cold hard cash, just the same. It's just one you withdraw it from your account at the ATM or the other when when you send the email.

Not arguing, just email transfer is money electronically transferred, whereas my phrase cold hard cash is the bills in hand (or in envelope)

RG

From experience in work and volunteer lives the points made here about mc and visa are accurate. Having a business bank account will attract higher banking fees as well the credit card company will take their percentage off the top before you receive the net proceeds. Also the point mentioned about chargeback is accurate as well (a client could dispute the charge and the card company could remove the funds from your account after the fact).

Paypal also takes a percentage off the top for their service and also charge when you transfer the funds from you paypal account to your bank account.

Last point is when you accept payments via electronic means there will be a paper trail to follow that can be followed. Banks have a duty to report various things to CRA (deposits over certain amounts, interest earned on bank accounts etc.)

Hope this info helps, just some points to keep in mind.

Posted via Mobile Device

I used to accept credit cards via Paypal. That way, I didn't have to open a business account with the bank and register with Visa, etc. I never had a problem with PayPal, but I think I was simply lucky. Other companions have had problems with them because it's contrary to PayPal's terms of service for anyone to use PayPal for personal erotic services (as opposed to buying sex toys). If PayPal finds out that you're a paid companion, they will close the account and seize any money you have in it. You could try to get the money back, but you can be sure that it will be deemed to be the proceeds of crime and therefore not refundable to you.

Visa, Mastercard and the rest will allow the client to dispute the charge for up to a year and, since you can't prove that you sold goods or unquestionably legal services, you will have a hard time if there's a dispute.

Western Union can also be a difficult company in some cases, and their fees are very high.

Use a generic e-mail address and have clients do e-mail money transfers to that address. You can tie the address to your own bank account. Once the funds arrive, they're yours. The client cannot recover them later.

However, if you have clients coming from the States or Europe, they can't make e-mail money transfers. They can make bank transfers but you'll both have to provide complete, accurate name and address info.

Banks are required to report deposits or transfers of $10,000 or more to the CRA. However, one of my clients is a leading expert in bank security and he has informed me that, in fact, the CRA monitors deposits of $5,000 or more. So, be careful about them! Break them up into smaller units if you need to.

Always remember: Money is not a "real" thing unless it's cash. As long as it's being transferred around as numbers, the banks' interests are going to be served first, every time!

• Like 2

My only flag on this is why would you be getting a "lot" of enquiries regarding accepting CCs. It really isn't that common a suggestion or question since almost every potential client knows that CC is not going to be an option (or even a good idea for them to have a charge on their own CC) for this kind of business.

It seems like a red flag re: scam to me, and if you are having several enquiries, even more so. One person thinking they might be dealing with an agency because that is common where they are from is one thing, but a variety of folks all in a short period of time would seem pretty fishy. I don't have an idea from your post what the background on this is tho lol.

Guest ****ign****ard
I don't have an idea from your post what the background on this is tho lol.

I would imagine background goes something like this - broke, horny, and willing to ruin my credit rating to get laid.

Some business people can use their company card for misc charges. I am surprised that not more of these requests come up. But for both parties, any trace and trackable $$ might not be the best option.

SNS724

for acceptance of credit cards you will need a merchant account with somebody. it is best to check your current bank. Of course they do have fees and transaction costs etc. that vary depending on who you hold your merchant account with.

There are also smaller independent companies that will allow you to charge addition fees for use which over the course of a year could add up to an extra few thousand dollars!

Interac email money transfer can be just as useful as previously mentioned.

hope that helps some

It' s a funny thing that fourtunateone brought the whole scam thing up. The reason I was inquiring about this was because there is a guy who wanted to book an appt with me , He says he is from the U.K. We emailed back and forth and he wanted my information to wire the deposit fee. I told him to confirm by giving me a phonecall ( a txt is usually okay) but since I am giving him some personal info about me , I think the call should be made. He said that he would , but he never called or emailed me back , so I think that is suspicious.

I would like to offer the whole interact , credit card thing for those who would like pay with it. Me personally, I like the cash thing. It is simple and there is no paper trail.

If I do p[rovide this , I think after reading everyone's replies , I would do the email/internet thing. It seeems the best and most popular way to go.

Thank you all for your help , I appreciate it .

Tina, I have clients in the UK and in Europe. If they book far enough ahead of time, I accept an international money order for their deposit, but my bank will hold the cheque for 21 business days before releasing the funds--that's just over a calendar month. Only after that will I consider the meeting to be firmly booked.

I have also accepted gifts in lieu of a cash deposit. The client can arrange to purchase something--lingerie, etc.--online in Canada or the US and have it sent to me easily. This has worked very well!

Oh no , don't get me wrong , I have no problem with international guys. I am just saying that this individual I think was trying to scam me. Other than that, I would have no problem seeing international guys.

Edited by nelle

Yes Tina, it's a scam. He wants your real name and email, right? Then he's going to get your bank account number to put the deposit into, right? I saw this scam a mile away. Sorry I didn't say anything sooner. Is his name Philip Vasaggio or something? Don't ever give your personal information to ANYONE! :)

Do you mean that guy in Nigeria who is willing to split the $50,000,000.00 he has stashed away in a secret bank account is not real? :(

Damn, there goes my early retirement.

OMG LMFAO :icon_exclaim:, you guys get those too!!. there is like a nigerian and another one about those 500'000 split:roll:. Yeah I just ignore them, And yes Soliel that is the guy . I kind of figured it out. Well at least it got me thinking about the whole email money thing.

Personally I would just like to stick with what I'm used to " the whole cash in the envelope thing" . This doesn't discourage me though. I'm sure there is lot of legit , honest guys who like to pay with debit or credit. It's to bad people like our friend phillip whatever his last name ruins it for alot.

I received the same email - it's a scam. Don't ever give any of your personal info out.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.