How do you feel about wigs?

Guest **cely***r***ne

I bought a blonde wig yesterday,(hahaha) and wow does it ever change the way I look. I am wondering what you guys think about them.

Do you consider it to be part of a costume or do you find them to be too fake?

Since I prefer a jeans and tshirt natural girl next door look, a wig would seem fake to me.

Though I could probably use one myself...lol.

Peace

MG

Guest **cely***r***ne

I am impatiently awaiting my natural colour to grow out...and...with a wig that is already styled, I do not have to spend an hour curling my hair! (Sometimes I just really do not feel like styling my hair)

I will probably just use it for fun anyway for going out on the town, but hey! The blonde Angel option is there for role playing!

Wigs?

No problems.

It's like makeup.

It's like a sexy outfit.

It's like those perfect shoes.

Whatever makes you FEEL sexy or attractive or mysterious, go for it. If you feel sexy then that will be picked up on by the client, and I am sure that he will appreciate the extra effort!

Guest **cely***r***ne

I couldnt give you rep points...but what you said is soo true! And I feel like a sexy blonde with it on!

If I had a SO, it would be like he had a new GF for the day hahaha!

Wigs?

No problems.

It's like makeup.

It's like a sexy outfit.

It's like those perfect shoes.

Whatever makes you FEEL sexy or attractive or mysterious, go for it. If you feel sexy then that will be picked up on by the client, and I am sure that he will appreciate the extra effort!

Angel with dark curly hair is pretty awesome. :)

I am trying to visualize a blonde Angel. Oh it is dangerous for me when I start visualizing.

Ahhh, hmm, a little logistical question from a guy who has zero experience with women wearing wigs.

What happens, if I would be so lucky, that said Angel is in control and has me just where she wants me and with my usual loss of rational thought, I pull her hair - oops, wig.

One must consider that Murphy's Law rules. :)

• Like 2

Guest **cely***r***ne

What happens, if I would be so lucky, that said Angel is in control and has me just where she wants me and with my usual loss of rational thought, I pull her hair - oops, wig.

That would be too funny...but comes at an inopportune time...

this is a very good thought Mrnice! Perhaps some pins to hold it better in place. But I am not too sure as this is my first wig.

New question!

Ultimately directed at the ladies but if you gents have suggestions, I am happy to get them all!

Do any of you have experiences with wigs?

How do you keep it on your head?

Angel with dark curly hair is pretty awesome. :)

I am trying to visualize a blonde Angel. Oh it is dangerous for me when I start visualizing.

Ahhh, hmm, a little logistical question from a guy who has zero experience with women wearing wigs.

Be good mrnice or I might pull your hair and spank you. :biggrin:

A blonde Angel? Yum.....

Tht might be hard to resist. Just don't become redhead Angel or I might not be able to contain myself lol

Posted via Mobile Device

I've always wanted to try one just for the hell of it even though I have nice hair but then I worry that a client might play with my hair and watch it fall off.lol. I'd like to be a redhead for a day. :)

good thread. I wear wigs sometimes and guys, an important thing to realize is that there are good wigs and there are costume wigs.....generally with a good wig you can't tell except when you try and yank on someone's hair....which I will add, you shouldnt be doing unless asking politely first! ;)

• Like 2

I''ve been wearing fake ponytails lately. They're great for an apt. as I like my hair to be pulled back with all the oils I deal with massaging, and the Gents can't tell. I like the feeling of a really long pony tail on my back and the occasional brush on my guests skin. It's fun and I feel like Jeannie, from I dream of Jeannie. I look forward to adding to my collection.

I go to Bayshore. There's a place on the second floor with good quality human hair extensions. I must admit, the ponytails I recently purchased were from Arden in the same mall. They're cheap, fun and can be thrown away if they get ruined from oil.

I think they're cool for photo shoots but not making out.....within seconds they would be pulled off I'm afraid.

• Like 3

Wigs are okay and could certainly put the finishing touch to a desired look you are trying to develop.

Unfortunately, I have seen too many wigs that don't fit the look and are not on properly. They are either too low on the forehead or just way too full, making it look like a lion's mane.

I have seen a lot more success with extensions that add volume and length for a much more natural look.

So, where in Ottawa do you find realistic wigs and ponytails?

Mamma Cee's on St Laurent has the best selection i find for very realistic wigs and ponytails. a good synthetic wig will cost anywhere from $40-$80 there. and the ponytails are surprisingly inexpensive ($20 or so depending on how big/long/curled etc)

if you want any more details on wig shopping in Ottawa feel free to PM me. I know lots of places ;)

Well I tried one once but got beat up and called a Mary by a bunch of meanies, on the way home once (although I was wearing lipstick, and playing hopscotch too LOL) :-)

Seriously, it depends on the wig and the lady...I never really thought about it one way or the other

RG :-)

• Like 2

I use to wear hair extentions from time to time. I loved them. You could not tell from looking at them. However I did find from time to time you would run into problems with them. From the obvious: you could feel them, if one got under you it rips out and ect..

I never tried a wig but I am guessing you would run into the same problems. It would look good on you though :)

Wigs are so much fun! I've used them for photoshoots, they're fun for play, and for the person wearing it, it's like being someone else for a day. My ex and I used to get them at Malabar, that theatre and costume place in the west end.

The only time I find it weird is when I wasn't expecting a wig and then run my hands through a woman's hair or start giving her a scalp massage and then the truth reveals itself. Awkward, but cute nonetheless. ;)

Personally not a big fan of the wigs.....but Angel you're so damn fine I sure as hell won't be turning you away no matter what you choose to have on your head!

And now that I think about it......the idea of seeing you lying there with the wig all askew and half hanging off your head following a hell of a good romp.....does have a certain appeal all it's own :D

.....brb... ;)

• Like 1

I guess wigs were really popular a generation ago...like in the 60's or so? I remember my Mom having a collection and she was not short on hair...it was just a style thing.

Wigs on guys (toupees) are just bad.....I always feel sad when I visibly notice one on a man.