Religious/Spiritual Views

What's your faith/religion/belief?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your faith/religion/belief?

• Juedo-Christian (Catholic, Christian, Protestant, etc.)
    • Muslim
    • Jewish
    • Buddhist
    • Stoic
    • Pagan (heathen, Wiccan, druid, etc.)
    • Atheist
    • Pastafarian (flying spaghetti monster)
    • Hindu
    • Seikh
    • Shinto
    • Other

Yes, I know this can be a loaded issue, but I'm not so much interested in starting a debate on the pros and cons of various religions/spiritual paths. I'm curious to see how wide a range there is on Cerb.

So I do ask if you are commenting, please make it polite, do not attack or slander or talk ill of other faiths or creeds and respect everyone's right to freedom of belief (or non-belief).

Also my apologies for the typo. It should say Judeo-Christian. Not Juedo-Christian.

Guest E*******h S******s

Two subjects I stay away from unless I know the parties I am speaking to really well....politics and religion. This is a really, really sensitive question.

I think you might have added an other category, many of us may be brought up in a faith but are going through a period were we are no longer practicing it at this time. I must say for myself that following the loss of my wife, I haven't had much interest, but can see the possibility of resuming my interest, especially as I get older.

For your interest I will cast my ballot.

Two subjects I stay away from unless I know the parties I am speaking to really well....politics and religion. This is a really, really sensitive question.

It may be, or become sensitive, but from what i gather, Lindsay's point here is curiosity about the diversity of beliefs on CERB, not debating which is better (one isn't better than the other).

I'm not offended by the question because in reality on the internet you can remain as anonymous as you want to be. I don't think there is a problem in asking as long as it doesn't lead to a heated debate because frankly I don't think religious views should be debated on an adult industry board. There are other sites for that.

People are going to ask things we may feel are sensitive, offensive etc, but let's face, if an outsider was looking in on this board and we were discussing this business and all that it entails, people may feel the exact same way. They might assume that the sex industry is too taboo and should not be discussed in an open forum.

I don't think we should necessarily be upset about other people's thoughts or curiousity for that matter. I don't think she meant any harm by it. If we were were to censor everyone's opinions or comments provided it was within the guidelines/rules of Cerb, this site would be a boring place to be.

JMO...

As I said in my post, I am not looking to start a debate or anything. I simply am curious as to the range of beliefs that are represented in hobbying.

If you want to have a debate on religion, do it elsewhere. Otherwise, yes your vote is anonymous and I'm not asking anyone to name themselves as such and such religion. That's an infringement on personal boundaries, in my opinion, and in poor taste, to boot.

If you don't want to supply an answer, then don't. I fail to see what the big whoop is.

• Like 1

I love learninng about all faiths. There all so interesting.

Posted via Mobile Device

Me too! I did a Women and Religion course two years ago and last year I did Women in Early Christianity. It was pretty neat learning about all that stuff, even if I don't believe in any of it.

• Like 1

I identify as wiccan and somewhat practician.

I turn kids into frogs and I ride a broom :D (at least some people seem to think that)

though I am also partisan of the flying spaghetti monster and the theory of chaos:p

• Like 1

What I believe is likely unique and don't think it is listed (may be other applies to me but other is a very general term). I believe in evolution (Darwin's....) but also believe in a super power maker of the entire universe (so Athiest does not apply). Those who harm will be harmed (in this world). I don't believe in any man sent by God. I believe in deeds rather than faith. A good person is judged by her/his actions and how much that person affect positively other lives and changed positively how many lives. I believe in giving to make other people's lives better and happier. Whether one believes in Christ or whoever else or even God or not, is irrelevant to describe one as as good or bad person.

• Like 1

I took a world religions course though a couple years ago in University, and found it to be so interesting learning about other religions. My favourite religions to learn about were ones that I knew very little about such as Hindu & Buddhism. It also was interesting to learn things about other religions that I thought I knew everything about, when in reality, I had the total different incorrect idea about, it helped educate me a lot.

I am a Catholic, but I'm a firm believer that every religion is valid, whether you have 1 follower or 1 billion. They should all be treated equally and with the same respect.

My only pet peeve about religion/politics is when people try to shove their own beliefs upon you.

There are no right or wrong religions, there are just different ones in my opinion.

• Like 3

What about Aliens as our supreme Lord and Saviour that came and fucked the Monkeys a good one and out came us, half Monkey half Alien species with the innate behaviour to wanna go home to our planet where no man has gone before?

I'm a Christian, A very non-denomination Christian that does not partake in any circles that may deligate my faith-paths. I look at it this way.. faith guides us to make the right decisions and have something to look forward to, and hey when I die and there is nothing, then I still did my best and had hope and faith but without hope sometimes life can be hard and at times that is the only thing that can hold me together through the good, the bad and the ugly. If I die and holy crap there is a God and all my hoping and faith has lead to an eternity of feeling pure love and awesomeness they hey, that rocks hard, why would I weed out this awesome possibility?

When I'm having a bad day, week or year, I don't give up because every new day has potential to be a good day and do the best we can every day, so regardless of what I practice I do my very best to hold on and be me, a great me that I can be happy about and hey maybe God too.

No matter what drives us, I think if we can all be great people, differences and beliefs and all then we have done it!

I'm not interested in arguing about religion or spirituality. Religions fascinate me, though. I don't believe that any one religion has a monopoly on Truth. I don't think that all religions are the same, though. It seems pretty clear to me that they're not.

What grabs my attention are notions about what is good; where bad things come from; what is the purpose of life; how do we find meaning when faced with enormous pain or suffering; what is sacred and why; what is hope, where does it come from and how does it matter; etc.

I'm always interested in hearing about others' views and experiences. What people learned when they were children and how their views have been affirmed, deepened or changed over the course of their life often makes for a great discussion.

The question I most want to ask these days is, What have your religious or spiritual values motivated you to do, and why?

• Like 1

Fsm.jpg

pastafarian.jpg?uuid=xWom4K4fEeCagMRrnLElXw

image.jpeg

Pastafarians!!!! I love this story, the guy that fought the Austrian government to recognize him as a high priest in the Pastafarian movement, worshipping the Flying Spaghetti monster. That's a colander on his head... that's right... on his head in his government issued ID.

I am all over personal beliefs... whatever floats your boat. As long as your beliefs don't infringe upon me and my beliefs, we can be cool.

The question I most want to ask these days is, What have your religious or spiritual values motivated you to do, and why?

Anything that has motivated me spiritualy has proven Physicological-egoism wrong, doing something that has no benefit to me and only for others.

A question that puzzles me "Why are people so ready to go on Sunday's yet are invisible Christians the rest of the week, and why do people care more about what others think of them instead of what God would think?"

Gaaah! Why do I have to choose between atheist and Pastafarian? I can quite happily be either, depending on whether I'm trying to annoy Creationists or not :)

Also, I totally think 'Agnostic' should be in the poll.

Also also, for those who do want to debate the deep and meaningful... a shameless plug :)

Me, I'm Agnostic (not Athiest). Brought up Christian (United Church) but some personal experiences made me not believe in the Christian version of God.

I don't have a mapped out idea of what exists. I do believe that life, earth, this universe etc did not happen by accident. There must be some higher power that created it

But is it a loving God, that I don't believe

I do believe in treating others as you would like to be treated

I don't belittle someone for their beliefs if they aren't the same as mine

And I'm glad we live in a country where, for the most part we can practice our religious beliefs

And nuff said on that

Here endeth the sermon LOL

RG

• Like 1

I tried to give you a rep point roamingguy, with a comment that we are very close in our beliefs and I tried it many times but as soon as I moved the mouse to the comment box, the rep box disappeared!!!. Eventually I gave up after many failed attempts and decided to nominate your post instead.

What's the religion that encourages you to have sex with as many people as possible, as often as possible, in order to spread emanations of pleasure and good will through the universe?

That's mine ;)

• Like 2

I once read a soul searching book. It included a light look into many different religions and I believe in a little part of everyone I read about. They all were for basically the same thing. Faith, hope and just something positive to believe in. I think it is wonderful for the world to have something to believe in!

What's the religion that encourages you to have sex with as many people as possible, as often as possible, in order to spread emanations of pleasure and good will through the universe?

That's mine ;)

Actually there is such a religion and I met quite a few of the believers at Playmates many years ago. There were a group of very young ladies coming over from Montreal to dance at Playmates early to mid 90's. I made friends with a few and we converse about that religion on occasions. They were all very nice friendly and educated people. They believed in complete nudity (as they believed that a humans body is beautiful and should not be hidden) and as much sex and fun as possible. Sexuality is an important part of this religion. They also believed that aliens have created us in their laboratories (as well as all plants and animals) and planted us on earth. This religion is called raelism. For more info if interested please refer to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism

Can you believe the first part about sex, but not the second part about aliens?

I guess I'm a heretical raelite/raelien???

Better still, maybe we can call it Catonism !!!

I was raised a Roman Catholic. Went to Cathecism (Sunday school), had my First Communion and all that other stuff. I even went to an all-girls' Catholic school. But when I was 14 years old, I came to a revelation. Catholicism was bullshit. I disagreed with so many of the beliefs, I told my mom I wanted to go to a public school for high school because I was renouncing my faith as a Catholic. This of course broke my poor mother's heart.

However, I showed her over the years that although I didn't feel the need to attend mass or confession, I could still live my life and make both her and God proud of me. I personally do not believe in RELIGION. It's unnecessary and has been the cause of far too many wars. But I do believe in God, have a wonderful relationship with him, and consciously try everyday to become a better person. I do what I can to make a difference in other peoples' lives, I follow the Ten Commandments (ok, except maybe that adultery one, but whatever) and I give to charity. I believe in KARMA (what goes around, comes around) and God. And so far in my life, I've found if you give to God, God gives back.

Not in any way trying to be preachy or pious. Just letting you all know what works for me. :)

• Like 3