highlights of the day

Mine was a really simple one.

It was early evening. I was hungry. I hadn't prepared anything, so I ordered delivery.

35 minutes later, the food arrives.

The delivery guy was this nice old guy, probably in his early 70's. He told me the price, I gave him a better than expected tip... and then his face lit up and he grinned from ear to ear.

It's those little things in life... when you can make someone smile just with a small gesture, that's what makes life worth living.

• Like 2

Waking up early to watch the sunrise with a cup of tea and a good book. I love and appreciate the simple pleasures in life, and don't want to forget that they can be the highlight of my day.

• Like 1

One week ago my little girl...not quite 4 years old had her finger slammed in a door by her cousin. Broken pinky and tore the end off her finger. They re-attached the tip of her finger which was trauma for her and I both in the emergency room ! I had to literally pin her down so they could stitch it on. I was the one that cut the dressings off everyday because she wouldn't let the doctors and nurses get scissors near her. Then she would let them dress her finger.

Today on a Sunday even.....the surgeon and doctor came to look at it and the results were beyond their expectations and she should regain most of the use if not full use :) although she was a remarkable trooper ...now she has a permagrin again !! A happy day !

Not sure why....but thought I would share :D

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Enjoying this fine sunny day doing yard work and getting overlast night s hangover form a barbecue party I threw. I still have to cleanup but I think I will take CODY down to the lake for a swim first!

well after a very expensive vet visit for xrays, as I suspected he swallowed something. Was terriably sick for few days. If he was not better by today, then we would have to open him up, costing me 1000.00!!

I think he is better, has not thrown up for a day now:) So I think we are safe now! Thank goodness!!! Pewf! Not 100% out of the woods yet, but today will tell:)

• Like 2

Visiting parts of Ottawa I have never seen before or even knew it existed with a special lady from CERB. I only knew the industrial/commercial part of Ottawa. Hope we can do it again soon but this time for longer.

Hugs and kisses,

NJ

• Like 1

Guest *ig*a**

Enjoying the beautiful weather in Ottawa it sure was hot.

Posted via Mobile Device

Working on my tan lines, getting hair done, photoshoot tonight, hopefully we wont break the camera this time lol....

FYI ....if you didnt know, I was in a photoshoot using bubbles, the photographer dropped his camers, bwahahahah

Car repairs not nearly as expensive as feared, and watching humpback whales putting on a show from the deck, beer in hand!

Cutting the wine, energy drinks and most of my cheese consumption for the past 5 days (and I do love my wine and cheese!), already lost 3 lbs.

Edit: I am well aware that I don't need to loose weight, but drinking two energy drinks a day, my cheese consumption made me all bloaty and gain 7 lbs. I want to go back to my old weight :)

Edited by Malika Fantasy
  • Like 2

Cutting the wine, energy drinks and most of my cheese consumption for the past 5 days (and I do love my wine and cheese!), already lost 3 lbs.

Awesome Malika !!

I was off for 5 days. I doubled up on the wine.... quadrupled the cheese intake....lost track of energy drinks (Bud Light) and gained 7 lbs.

Therefore you have gained 10 lbs on Lee ! I feel fat now :(

although it is true...meant to make you smile Frenchie not make light of your very cool highlight ;)

Guest LittleWingnut

I adopted a nice orange, female kitty from the Ottawa Humane Society today. My last cat had to be euthanized some months back due to cancer as she was suffering. I cried my eyes out for a week, but I had to have it done to end her pain. I missed having a cat in my home and I'm happy to have a new friend in my life as I don't have very much in the way of a family. She's a lovely cat too. I think we need each other.

just watched "Marilyn vs Marilyn" ... an amazing documentary of Marilyn Monroe

A look at the more serious side of Marilyn Monroe through the little known relationship between Monroe and photographer Milton Greene, featuring images of Monroe from the Greene archives unpublished before 2002.

http://ww3.tvo.org/video/176972/marilyn-vs-marilyn