highlights of the day

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I have not had a chance to do any cooking since before Christmas so Iam making Mac and Cheese for tomorrow and a big pot of chili in my slow cooker Texas Style with no beans! This Slow Cooker is the old kind made out of ceramic and gives you the best of results!

I need a good texas style chili recipe ... always good for superbowl sunday!

just finished some flax bread toast, slightly overdone, lots of real butter ... yum!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Check out the Social groups for cooking you might find what you are looking for.

This actually happened yesterday.

Had a great time with a gorgeous cerb lady.:icon_biggrin: Then followed by a wonderful and delicious lunch at a nice restaurant.

Some of you will understand this one as it is one of life's great pleasures. Painting without having to worry about doing edges or having to have a drop cloth on the floor. :)

• Like 3

it was a beautiful day for a drive

as a few of you know ... I am taking a year or so off and I am about to head off on a three month drive around the USA

I have made a promise to myself to slow down, enjoy the scenery and avoid interstate highways whenever possible

today I decided to practice ... I drove highway 7 from Toronto to Ottawa ... I haven't been east of Peterborough on 7 since I was a baby (so I don't remember that) ... I set the cruise control for 10 km/h over the limit and had a great drive

and I guess it should not be a surprise, but the drive only took about 30 minutes longer than the race along the 401 would have, and I did not feel as tired as I usually do when I got out of my car at the hotel

fantastic !!!

• Like 2

I had a great day on my continuing renovation. Final painting is completed and only a few things left to do.

I am packing up to head off for Halifax tomorrow morning to visit with my kids and for sure we will have a skate on the Oval downtown. I also see a Wii Mariocart tournament in the picture! If I ever win one of those THAT will be a future Highlight of the Day.

- Took a lot of time off and has helped me take care of a lot of things.

- Realizing there is a friendly spirit in my house. The cat has been watching and chasing whoever it at all hours of the day and night. It's like watching someone walk across the room and the cat is looking at someone and always ends up in the empty bathtub with whoever it is since they both like to drink water in there

It will be a year tomorrow that my other cat had passed away in my room. I'm convinced he's around and tormenting the s----t out of my much younger orange cat who drove him crazy for years. I believe pets can see things we can't. That, or I'm going insane! LOL.

This was my cat shortly before he passed.

mycat.jpg?noCache=1359607446

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn

Last day of work after 18 months which were a hell of a ride, particularly the last 2 weeks. Brushed up and closed a few files till mid-late afternoon, did my milk run to get signatures to pack my office, only to have my colleagues waiting for me to give me a good-bye card.

As i did my round of the floor before leaving, i realized i'll miss my coworkers. Between the ups and downs at work, it's the best group of people i ever worked with at this point.

• Like 2

I've had a couple of highlights today, and the day's still young!

First, I met a very nice guy this morning who enjoyed kissing and caressing my belly as much as I love having it done! Heaven!!

And just now, my daughter told me a hilarious story about my grandson. He was in the bath last night, and they let him play while they sat in the other room where they could see and hear and get to him, need be.

They're sitting there, and they suddenly hear him yell: "GRRRRR!! WEE-WEE!!??!!"

They look at each other. Her husband calls in to ask what's wrong.

"MY WEE WEE! IT WON'T GO DOWN!!"

After picking themselves up off the floor laughing, they go in to investigate. The little guy is standing there in the tub with a raging hard on.

My son-in-law tried to explain that it was okay, sometimes wee-wees do that. It's normal.

"BUT I DON'T WANT IT UP!!!"

I figure, give him a few decades! ;)

• Like 2

Marathon sessions, but I finished my 2012 books and off to the accountant. Gawd.......CRA bugs the bejeezus out of me.

Guest K***e D****ls

A pedicure this morning, a photo shoot this afternoon and looking forward to an evening in and to myself tonight. Gearing up for Superbowl Sunday!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The cleaning crews showed up today and removed all the water damaged carpeting and table and things are becoming closer to normal. The second part of the day was great as I finally sold my truck!

My highlight of the day is on its way...

I'm having dinner with Tgirl-Kay, her partner, and another close friend of mine. I'm making a chicken roast with root vegetables, gravy galore, rice, cranberry sauce and I made a maple-syrup based sugar pie for dessert. --oh so good-- Jealous? You should be!

• Like 1