highlights of the day

The day's still young, but I must say that sitting at my vanity and brushing my hair, seeing the silver in it, just fills me with wonder. Why would anyone want to cover a miracle like this up?

• Like 1

I got home a short while ago from a trip to Halifax. I ended up getting there a day late but had a really good time. We went skating on the Halifax oval, went to a very bad movie, (Hansel and Gretal) :), had some great Wii Mario Cart tournaments and I had short visits with a couple of very special friends.

I am home in time to get myself ready for what I hope will be a really good Superbowl game.

This coming week I travel again and that will be a future highlight I am certain.

• Like 2

With the demise of the penny, banks are no longer allowed to issue pennies. Went to convert my US$ back to Canadian$. The bank owed me 7cents. Well they rounded up, I got 3cents more. Very minor highlight of the day in the greater scheme of things I'll grant you, but how many would complain if in the same circumstances they rounded down, and you lost a couple cents.

RG

So, it's happened to us all. You're in your car, trying to get somewhere... and you get stuck behind someone who's idling along veerrrry sloooowly. They're clearly not bothered about getting anywhere today, or even this week, and oblivious to the idea that anyone else might have somewhere to be. Ahead of you there's a green light, and they cruise up to it, oh so slowly... it turns yellow, and the horribly slow person ahead of you rolls through it, and you have to sit and wait until the damn thing turns green again.

Well, that happened to me today... but Mr Oblivious in front of me was too slow even for the yellow light, and trundled through it after it had turned red. And there were two big flashes from the camera behind us...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed all the way to work.

Hey, nobody said these highlights had to be nice :)

• Like 2

Well, that happened to me today... but Mr Oblivious in front of me was too slow even for the yellow light, and trundled through it after it had turned red. And there were two big flashes from the camera behind us...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed all the way to work.

Great story! Reminded me of a situation where the shoe was on the other foot. A couple of years ago I was caught by a yellow light when in the left turn lane at a four way intersection. The driver behind me was in a God awful hurry as he leaned on his horn to try to get me to enter the intersection so he could be on his way. I stopped on the yellow and waited out the red, all the while Mr. Impatient behind me was racing his engine. The light changed to green and I started to make my left turn. Mr. Impatient burned rubber and swung out around me and passed me before I could complete my turn. Oh yeah, he flipped me the bird as he sped by.

Imagine my joy when the unmarked car that was behind Mr. Impatient flipped on his spinners and pulled my buddy over for a few choice words.

To quote Phaedrus again: BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed all the way to work. How sweet is instant Karma?

• Like 1

Guest s****aswe***ess

highlight of my day!

Talking to old friends!

Arranging to meet with old friends (excited)

Met some new interesting people here on cerb!

Lifes good :)

xox Selina xox

Going shopping to buy my annual Valentine's Day lingerie sets and finding that my size was not all gone.

The early bird gets the worm or lingerie in my case!!:icon_biggrin:

Yesterday's baking tured out good (i tried it and a lady friend tried it). A little bit of this, a little of that should make it better.

Lets call it creative baking. That way, i'll have a few extras should something happen later this week ... :icon_razz:

When we checked the mail today, there was a package from my daughter with her old iPhone 4 for her stepdaddy, and some hats she knitted for me! What a surprise!

Blue Crush....best ever fake jeans!!!!

The only thing better than fake jeans is------no pants at all!!

Had a wonderful session with my lovely and beautiful SP that included cross-country skiing together and then finished off with a nice spicy lunch. Yummm.... ;-)

Guest K***e D****ls

I keep all my spare change in an old tin can and every couple of months I roll it. Well, I rolled today and made $353.50. Not bad for change from an old tin can!

Thought my snowblower was broken :(, had to do all that snow by hand, then went back and found some frozen ice around the auger, broke it up. and now it works again :).

but only after I had already finished the driveway. So let it snow again. I'm ready :)

As I tend to do this is a cumulative highlight. I arrived back home yesterday from Ottawa after a REALLY good trip away.

I was at the social last Thursday night and it was its usual success. I am really not a big crowd person but I still managed to reacquaint with some old friends and meet some new ones.

I also spent significant time with a wonderful lady on Friday. :)

Due to a major snowstorm on Saturday here at home my flight was cancelled and I ended up staying for an extra day in Ottawa. It was a gorgeous day and I spent quite a bit of time in and around some of the Winterlude outdoor events. I have never seen ice sculpture other than in pictures so to see them up close and in detail was pretty cool.

I had opportunity to have some really good conversation with not one put two incredible women. Between them they taught me yet another life lesson. At times I can be a slow learner and to them a great big thank you.

When all is said and done it was a fantastic trip and one that I shall always treasure. :)

At one point today, I managed to knock a glass of water onto my netbook. It was touch-&-go for an hour or so, but I was finally able to get it to boot again. (There's a good reason for setting a restore point daily!)

That, and I had some very fun company today (and had the requisite cat nap afterwards!).