We are heading into October now which means cold and flus will be going around. I was reading a magazine article earlier in the week and came across some helpful tips to avoid getting sick. Getting sick means no playtime :icon_eek:

- Up vitamin C intake

- Stir some garlic in a glass of water and drink

- Drink plenty of green tea

Any measures you take?

Reducing my sugar intake and increasing my protein intake seems to help my immune system. Also hand washing and using hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.

As mentioned, wash your hands! Good sleep helps too. Avoid children.

Avoid publics places; spend lots of time inside with SP's. :)

Oil of Oregano is brutal!! I take it when I feel a sore throat or something.......not sure if it's really working but I put 5 drops in a small cup of water and chug it back. Fucking disgusting!! Reminds me of taking cod liver oil as a kid....we used to chase it with juice but if you moved your tonque you were done for!

It taste bad, But it has a curative properties.

Read "the cure is in the cupboard" for more information

Along with cleanliness, if I feel like something is knocking, I use Sinus Buster. It is a cayenne nasal spray that wipes out anything that is lurking. I also use it in place of coffee or energy drinks when I'm feeling sluggish. It's all natural and if your a sensation freak like myself you will love it. $14.95 a bottle, lasts months.

cat

I seem to be pretty unscathed by flu/cold bugs...touch wood

I read somewhere that that blue cheese contains molds that have flu/cold bug fighting properties...don't know if true or not, but I do eat blue cheese and blue cheese dressing quite a bit

Also I regularly drink orange juice, and take vitamins

RG

Ah yes, tis the season.

I for one am a firm and confirmed believer in Vitamin C. I do not take it regularly other than what comes in orange juice, however at the very very first thought that there may be a cold in the works I will take mega amounts of Vitamin C, numerous times through the day. Vitamin C is not stored in the body, so no fears of an overdose.

Once the cold is settled in however, Vitamin C does not do much, so then you are into the get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids thing.

My wife was a nutritionist and she did not accept that Vitamin C worked and said it was all in my head. Whatever the reason, for me it seems to be the thing.

Along with cleanliness, if I feel like something is knocking, I use Sinus Buster. It is a cayenne nasal spray that wipes out anything that is lurking.

Nasal spray? Stuff that. Go out for a really good curry - not only does it annihilate anything in your sinuses, but you can have a good time with your friends too :)

And I have no idea if blue cheese helps at all, but I eat it anyway...

I believe that exposing myself to cold & flu bugs (e.g. not using preventative measures) helps keep my immune system strong & up to date, and whenever I do get sick I avoid physical activity and take as many off-the-shelf drugs as permitted by the labels. I am on the tail end of a flu right now that kept me from making use of an open few days in my schedule to see someone, so I just hunkered down and watched way too much tv. I try to avoid contact with others when I'm sick because I don't want to hurt them. I should be fine the rest of fall/winter though, as I never get sick twice in the same year, so I'm looking forward to a healthy few months :)

Any measures you take?

Proper sleep is a very important key.

Avoiding or at least reducing stress plays a big part to, when you are stressed your immune system actually shuts down to conserve resources. I reduce stress by looking at boobies, preferably in person.

Oil of Oregano is brutal!! I take it when I feel a sore throat or something.......not sure if it's really working but I put 5 drops in a small cup of water and chug it back. Fucking disgusting!! Reminds me of taking cod liver oil as a kid....we used to chase it with juice but if you moved your tonque you were done for!

I think Oil of Oregano is intended to make you forget about what ails you instead of actually doing anything.

Cod-liver oil works the same way. :)

Flu shot?

:wink:

CB

Years ago I got the flu shot, within 24 hours I got the flu

Never had the flu shot since then

Not saying they are bad, but it didn't work for me

But I can't remember the last time I got the flu....fishing pox on the other hand....LOL :-)

RG

Another plug for the shot...

15 years, 15 shots, 0 flu

CB

I realy think it depends on the individual person, I know some who swear by it, and others like me, who say it's an excuse to use your arm for a pin cushion LOL and provides no benefit...it's been at least ten years, likely longer since having the shot, and since not taking it, I've been flu free

Probably explains why I also have almost a year of sick leave built up

RG

Years ago I got the flu shot, within 24 hours I got the flu

Never had the flu shot since then

Not saying they are bad, but it didn't work for me

But I can't remember the last time I got the flu....fishing pox on the other hand....LOL :-)

RG

I'm no MD, but I think you had the flu before you took the shot and it coincidentially manifested itself the following day.

I could be mistaken, happens all too often, but I don't think the flu virus can incubate that fast.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/cold-flu/contagious.htm

I've had countless flu shots, and I've never had the flu, but that could just be how my body works, everyone is different.

I'm no MD, but I think you had the flu before you took the shot and it coincidentially manifested itself the following day.

I could be mistaken, happens all too often, but I don't think the flu virus can incubate that fast.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/cold-flu/contagious.htm

I takes 5-7 days to incubate the virus

CB

Bubble_Boy.jpg

That should do the trick. Throw on some rubber gloves and a breathing tube and NO ONE WILL BE THE WISER!

In my humble view, there is of course nothing to be done if you catch the flu or another virus. Except rest and recover.

For heavens sake, PLEASE pay attention to proper hand washing procedures, do not see anyone if you feel il and do not be afrad to say no to some one exibiting flue ike symptoms.

If we are strict with ourselfes and our clients we can certainly minimize spreading colds and winter bugs. Lets all work really hard to keep each other healthy and at the same time maximize out play time!!