Once again looking for a new place

My pipes at my place burst for some unknown reason. I woke up to a flooded apartment and it has carpet. I had been thinking of moving but I guess this was a true sign that it is time, although I love my place. I can't entertain there until the carpet is either dried or ripped out and I have no idea how long that may take.

I'm looking for something smaller than the 2 bedroom I have and I like being downtown Halifax but will at this point move from that area, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have paid rent from 1000-600 hundred for 1brm hfx and dart.If your living in The Bishop Landing or Highfield Park(lived in both) it really depends on your on the people around ya.If the guy beside ya sucks(for whatever reason)Then your life will suck too!!

My pipes at my place burst for some unknown reason. I woke up to a flooded apartment and it has carpet. I had been thinking of moving but I guess this was a true sign that it is time, although I love my place. I can't entertain there until the carpet is either dried or ripped out and I have no idea how long that may take.

I'm looking for something smaller than the 2 bedroom I have and I like being downtown Halifax but will at this point move from that area, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No advice on apartments since I don't live there, but as far as carpets go, don't dry them out, make sure the landlord replaces them.

And have the apartment inspected/cleaned for molds etc too.

Good luck

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Guest **cely***r***ne

Awwww Babe! Hard luck :(

I wouldnt stick around there if I were you. Water gets into places and creates all kinds of problems. Depending on your landlord...if he does it correctly, ripping up carpet, and subflooring would be the only way I would stay there. I have heard of great places to live in Hali...I will PM you and I will give you the name of the SP who recommended a great apartment/area to be. Affordable, discreet and easily accessible.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :icon_cry: I hope you have insurance to cover your belongings. I know you really liked your place but I think Angel is right that it is best to get out of there. Its always hard to make sure you are mold free until its to late and then you can become sick.

Love to you and your situation.

xo

Hi! I'm also looking to move to a new apt. :) Also wanting to be right downtown. Could anyone suggest the good rental companies v.s the bad ones? Someone told me to stay away from transglobe. Also if I moved into one of the bigger buildings with a camera at the front door, would that bother you guys? They all seem to be equipped with them. (the nice ones)

Sorry to hear about your apt Lexy, good luck on your search!

I had to move everything out today because my place was completely carpeted besides the kitchen and bathroom. Everything was basically off the floor besides a couple of things. More hassle with another insurance claim in less than 2 weeks apart. Have Mercy!!!

I know I'm not going back, they said it will take over a month or so. The hunt is on!! I tried to stay away from places with the camera right in your face but I may have to suck it up. Most of them are not directed at the elevator which "my closed for fun place" did not have, so I see this as a blessing in disguise. I have to stay positive and not let this bring me down.

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Love all around,

Lexy

If anyone can pick up the pieces off the carpet and make lemonade out of wet lemons, it's you Lexy! I'll pray that you find a place that's even better. :)

• Like 1

Hi Lexy,

A good company to rent from is SouthWest Properties. Also, there is a new building on Hollis st with Morris st. They should have a resonable price now,because the building is almost finished and they are looking to fill it up before the winter time, so you may get a good price/quality.

Stay away from TransGlobe if you like to have a resonable life.

Good luck in finding something good!

I've rented in a SouthWest Properties building for a few years now and have had no problems whatsoever. They have a number of sites all over Halifax and Dartmouth I believe, in upscale and mid-scale neighborhoods.

Thank you for the advice guys. I will look in to SouthWest Properties, I have heard some nice things about them and I know the whole deal about Transglobe.

Big Hugs and Kisses,

Lexy

Lexy you are way too sweet a girl to have that kind of stuff happen to you.

Thank you Sweets!! $hit happens and you move on, I haven't found a permanent location yet but a hotel will have to do for now.

Sorry to hear about all your issues lately Lexy Grace.

I know there are some great one bedrooms on Quinpool usually above the smaller shops and with only one or two neighbors to contend with. You might want to look into those. The one I lived in (a few years ago now) even had access to the roof where the locals would go for sunbathing in the summer months. :tongue:

Sorry to hear about all your issues lately Lexy Grace.

I know there are some great one bedrooms on Quinpool usually above the smaller shops and with only one or two neighbors to contend with. You might want to look into those. The one I lived in (a few years ago now) even had access to the roof where the locals would go for sunbathing in the summer months. :tongue:

Thanks for the info. I have my personal home that I would never use as a "play place" but I'm on the hunt for a new "play place". I've seen a few I like so far but the nice hotels I have booked are fine for now.