Recommendation threads...

I agree wholeheartedly with Erin, Isabella and stevecurious. Its seems some members including Elite are bumping up a girl by adding little chit chat just as Erin first said.

• Like 2

Update:

I did ask MOD about this one particular thread as it was bumped up twice in less than one week with chit chat after several new reco's were made for other ladies. MOD agreed that it looked fishy but he can't do anything about it unless it's solicitation. The first time I brought this up, the provider was adding to her own reco. That is not allowed and was removed. I'm not a chronic complainer. This is the second time I have contacted MOD in this regard since I started here as it just didn't seem right to bump this thread back up after several other reco's were already made and the discussion for the other ladies was good. The timing was suspicious if you ask me? I do my part to make sure things are fair to us all but this one is now out of my hands.

Let's do get back to those great recommendations. I'm the first one to recommend another lady as well and hoping it's kept happy for all of us.

I agree wholeheartedly with Erin, Isabella and stevecurious. Its seems some members including Elite are bumping up a girl by adding little chit chat just as Erin first said.

I am on both side of the fence.

I can see how sometime, someone will post a reco that literally should be a novel and some people have amazing writing skills...I can see why another hobbiest may say wow great reco! I don't have a big problem with that, if the hobbiest that post "great reco" or something like that, do it really quickly after the reco was post...so it doesn,t really bump the said thread...

BUT..

when you have some people that literally post two or three times a week on let's say 5 different reco threads...saying thank you (insert name of the provider) to be amazing, stating how many people posted on this thread...and bumping the thread of a couple of pages. Then no, I don't agree.

It seem like some hobbiest that are consider part of the "Elite" for some want to privilege some of their favourites ladies over all the other ladies of Cerb...again don't agree.

and...I'm out

• Like 1

Is the add reputation points feature disabled in the Reco threads? Because if not, I have absolutely no idea why that cannot simply be used for the irrelevant comments that seem to be posted and seem to be posted for the sole purpose of top posting that particular thread.

If someone is not using that as a way to say 'thx', or 'good job' or anything other than to add their own personal experiences (and I don't mean a recap of something they've already posted), then I don't see how anyone could see it as anything but deliberate hanky panky.

Very good point Fortunateone. The reputation point function works in the recommendation area (I have used it) and I believe this has actually been already suggested but apparently suggestion has been ignored. IMO comments like the ones RG gave as an example would be more appropriate given in rep points.

To respond to CK's free promotion question. I don't think any lady minds it as long as done properly and in the right section. I also think there is a difference between a new member making this mistakes and members that more than aware of that being inapropriate and still don't care.

I when was new here did make mistakes like that to learn after it was best to give reputation points in a reco I found flattering or PM the gent to say thank you. I also learned the best promotion one can have is carrying themselves with professionalism.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for your feedback and further explanations, I have a better idea now of where the concern lies and the true root of the problem, it's all much clearer now!

I realized the other day that it is human nature to be quick about complaining yet slow to praise. Recently I have had the need for some services around the house. We are all used to the "be there between 8 and 5 scenario and expect closer to 5. These last two instances, both said I will be there at 10 (for example) and showed up right on time! I was astounded. Today I decided that instead of complaining about the times I was pissed off, I would do something about the times I was pleased.

I found the proper avenue for both companies and sang the praises of both of these individuals. Just now I received an email from one of the techs who was so pleased as he had never gotten a rave review out of the blue. He stated that, eventhough he always gives the best service possible, no one has ever taken the time to express it to him or his superiors. That made my day! I helped him in ways that I didn't occur to me until just now.....yeah, blond, I know!

Nice to see this thread 'bumped' :smile:

I posted a reco and was amazed how quickly so many people started posting questions in there, in this case on how to contact her. It did seem to take away from the recommendation. I understood that a recommendation here did seem to carry more dignity rather than discussion on other boards.

Who's responsibility is it then to flag the comments added to the reco?

Also, to some extent, the follow-on comments tend to indicate interest in the lady in the reco. This interest should be a valid reason to keep the reco standing out. Is there a way that rep pts can be used to highlight a recommendation?