Sophia's Choose Awards... places in Halifax!

I have only been there 1 time so far. I loved the variety of fine food your city has to offer!

So I thought I would make a list of places I find along the way in your fantastic city!!

To start this list for Halifax I will pick.....Economy Shoe Shop! I loved eating there, I ordered The Lobster Flambe( sp?)

If you have suggestions for your favorite places? I will go there and perhaps add to my list! Could be for food, shopping, dancing, entertainment!

Hi Sophia

Glad to see you are coming to Hfx. again. After a hard days work - - you might want to relax and dine at The Bicycle Thief at Bishops Landing. After that, its but a few steps to my upper level condo at BL - - would welcome you with open arms!

Pars

I love to eat here and then take a nice walk on the waterfront http://www.staynerswharf.com/

Shopping: http://www.nmf2.com/index.php

Cocktails and music: http://www.lowerdeck.ca/beermarket/default.html

These places are all located downtown Halifax and there are some very nice boutiques, shops/malls and places to eat on Spring Garden Rd.

I have only been there 1 time so far. I loved the variety of fine food your city has to offer!

So I thought I would make a list of places I find along the way in your fantastic city!!

To start this list for Halifax I will pick.....Economy Shoe Shop! I loved eating there, I ordered The Lobster Flambe( sp?)

If you have suggestions for your favorite places? I will go there and perhaps add to my list! Could be for food, shopping, dancing, entertainment!

Thanks for loving this great city,if I may I would like to recommend- the bicycle thief -nice restaurant-great pizza-pizzadelic in clayton park

shopping-foreign affair on barrington street-great jeans,nice clothes

A good place for good food (nice specials) and fun atmosphere for a few drinks, iI'd recommend the alehouse in downtown halifax. Its not like any pub you'd get to see on east coast.

Thanks for loving this great city,if I may I would like to recommend- the bicycle thief -nice restaurant-great pizza-pizzadelic in clayton park

shopping-foreign affair on barrington street-great jeans,nice clothes

I have noticed with all the suggestions....Halifax has a thing for strange names eh? lol.....JK.

For a "fine dining" experience, don't miss the Press Gang. (Prince St, downtown Halifax.) Nice atmosphere and great wine list.

The Five Fisherman's Grill (Downstairs) has an Oyster Happy Hour every day between 4:30 and 6:30. Heritage building and a nice way to get the mojo going for the evening!!

• Like 1

Turkish Delight was small and quirky and just delightful when it was a tiny hole in the wall.

Now they've expanded and I don't find it as charming any more. Still great Turkish delights though!

The Oasis for cheap draught! I like to drink there while the lady of the hour shops. ;-)

Edited by oldblueeyes
I had to, dammit!

Turkish Delight was small and quirky and just delightful when it was a tiny hole in the wall.

Now they've expanded and I don't find it as charming any more. Still great Turkish delights though!

The Oasis for cheap draught! I like to drink there while the lady of the hour shops. ;-)

Yes I can shop for an hour....lol!

The Wooden Monkey is a favourite of mine, and I suggest it specifically to visitors as they have Nova Scotia/local food when possible motiff to their menu.

I just read in the newspaper about a place called 308 South by Tarek opening up on Quinpool Road. It serves a combination of Acadian and Lebanese food. Any restaurant that serves completely randomly combines ethic foods needs to be checked out. Also, I have no idea where else in Halifax you can try Acadian dishes.

Jane's on the Commons has great food and is an interesting experience. You would never guess that such a high end place could be in such a small space, inside an old, but not historic, building, occupying what was once a comic store, in a regular, definitely not high end part of town.

If you can afford it, get a private driving tour of the city by town car or limo from "Tours by Towncar". (Google them and you will find their website.)

The best free walking around experiences I can think of are better suited for the summer. :-)

If you are a beer drinker know that Halifax has quite the share of micro-breweries. Lots of local beer to try.

the Remembrance Day event in HFX??

Grand Parade is the main one, the one downtown, but all across the city there are ceremonies.