Guest sh****s****r

To me there's no issue with cancellation fees as long it's applied both ways. Erin has highlighted that she adheres to this practice. I would have no issue with paying a fee if I had to cancel at the last minute due to life getting in the way of seeing a lovely lady (working late, travel delays, etc).

I think we also have to be practical as well and it's been mentioned a few times in other posts where knowing your client or the client knowing the provider and something unexpectantly has come up and both partners decide to arrange for different date and time. Due to the intimacy of the appointment, there are personal things that can happen and may have a strong bearing on the appointment being a fulfilling appointment for both or being incredibly lackluster.

To me time is valuable and I value the time of others so I try to do my utmost to follow through on my commitments.

The 1 thing I would say is putting a little note somewhere on your website or advertisement that states a cancellation can be applied and (if possible) within what time frame.

Let's see my doctor, dentist, hair salon, spa, travel reservations, even some restaurant reservations, etc have a cancellation fee policy.

I agree with the cancelation fee,it's inconsiderate to just not show up for an appt,even with a good excuse the lady looses money,perhaps another appt,so a fee for a no show,or cancelled appt is appropriate.As emily said we are running a business and time is money and if the gentlemen wants to see you again he would have no choice to pay if thats what is part of your terms.I personally think we all should include that in our rules,I'm adding it to my web page.

I don't believe in Cancelation Fees.

if we are exceptional service providers, we will always be able to fill the space of a cancelation, not to mention making really good money. To bring up a cancelation fee the next time we see a client who has had to cancel in my opinion is tasteless.....unless he is a total jerk and then you don't book with him again. Simple....no?

i just appreciate the fact that those who have had to cancel come back without me asking for an extra fee.

That mentality doesn't sit quite right with me. To each there own!

Lauren

• Like 2

Guest E*******h S******s

if we are exceptional service providers, we will always be able to fill the space of a cancelation, not to mention making really good money. To bring up a cancelation fee the next time we see a client who has had to cancel in my opinion is tasteless.....unless he is a total jerk and then you don't book with him again. Simple....no?

i just appreciate the fact that those who have had to cancel come back without me asking for an extra fee.

Lauren

With all due respect Lauren, I do happen to be an exceptional service provider and I can rarely fill a spot when a client has cancelled with only a couple of hours notice. Inferring that women who do ask for a fee are "tasteless" is disrespectful. If you don't wish to ask for one, that is absolutely your prerogative. I respect women who run their businesses as they see fit. Please afford me the same courtesy without throwing stones.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It's something I'm implementing on a case by case basis. I only have one so far that has been a little inconsiderate and has stood me up for no reason. He proceeded to make another apt. a week after and did let him know he needed to bring me a nominal fee as his actions were not right. He's the type of client that would not have thought to do this if I hadn't asked. He paid it with no problem but I had mixed feelings about it. That's mainly why I ask. There's been great thoughts presented in this thread from both sides.

I will happily answer your questions Jabba. I welcome all opinions in this topic:

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client no-show

It happens and depending on how the business owner handles this problem, it's case by case.

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client want to have a totally different experience.

My communication process with a potential new client is detailed and they know exactly what to expect. It's never happened as anyone new knows my services, restrictions, boundaries and limits before an apt is made. I've never experienced this due to a stringent pre apt. rapport with my client so all is understood. I would simple not proceed with a client that wants a totally different experience. I let them know I'm not for them and if they ask during an apt. I would not book again with them.

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client no pay

My clients pay before the encounter starts to take this out of the way and not have to worry about the money after. I've not had a problem with this procedure, and this ensures I'm not cheated.

So, and I realize this makes a very challenging question - why do you think your services should be immune to real world experience.

I do believe this business is a part of the "real world" and no business is immune. That's why I asked for feedback. As providers, we can implement procedures to make sure our business thrives like all others. It's simply good business practice.

Wouldn't it be nice if everything went the way it should?

Oh would it ever be nice but as a realist I cannot answer this one Jabba. Any suggestions? :)

Sorry if I sound harsh.

Not harsh at all. I don't mind answering all questions or concerns in this thread as the others have.

Now, y'see - this is why I like to engage in reasonable discussions (despite my own challenging tone). Thank you Erin. A few others have responded to my post, and in fairness - I acknowledge their POV. I may not agree with them, but I hear them.

However, in this particular thread, you alone strike me as a person who can count to 10 before launching a return volley. You have, no doubt, encountered situations that need some diplomatic handling.

In response, I believe in fair compensation. I also believe in business intuition, experience and smarts to enter into a business transaction. If someone is deliberately wasting your time, it is up to you, the service provider, to determine your tolerance level for crap and appropriate remedies. I would like to think that time-wasters are more the exception than the normal.

On my side of the business, if someone is insincere and just wants to just explore services and shop for prices - I can pretty quickly qualify the time wasters & get them to go away.

Thanks again Erin.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1

Lauren

Some ladies require cancellation fees, and I believe they are referring to last minute cancellations/no shows, where there is not enough time to re-book with another client. To refer to a cancellation fee as tasteless is in my opinion uncalled for. I respect (as I'm sure most guys and SP's do) your right to operate your business as you see fit. But to refer to those who charge a cancellation fee as tasteless really isn't called for. You can be a proponent of your way of conducting business (and respected for doing so), without calling those who conduct their business differently than yours tasteless.

On a personal sidenote, I've re-booked with the lady I had to cancel on. She didn't require a cancellation fee, but me, well I'm making it up to her, tangibly. And mine wasn't a last minute two hours before the encounter cancellation, it was four days notice. But I do feel bad about it. But that's me.

Oh, and my reason as posted earlier was an unexpected truck repair. I was late to work...as unexpected as the incident was, my compassionate employer demanded, yup, that I put in leave for the time I was late...for me that leave equals money. I was a late show to work, I paid by having to put in leave

If a no show seeing a lady it is equally reasonable if the ladies' policy to pay a cancellation fee

Some quick morning ramblings over my first cup of coffee

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Lauren

We are each entitled as independent companions to run our business how we see fit. Exceptional or not, when your cancelled on short notice, please explain where you will find another client to fill that time in your day. Chances are high that you will not. Not every lady is high volume, therefore there is most likely not someone waiting for a cancellation all the time. If a lady wants to be a revolving door, that is her choice, If she wants to be low volume that is her choice, but referring to securing time compensation with a fee for cancellation and calling it tasteless is purely uncalled for and ignorant.

Not all of us book over the phone and some of us screen (which takes time) and to be available last minute or on short notice does not work for all of us, so yes a cancellation fee is fit for those of us who feel the need to implement one.

Life happens as as I've stated previously, the fee is applied when necessary. If someone cancels last minute with no notice, you don't think that you are inclined to ask for compensation to your time?

Unfortunately there are more and more time wasters out there these days, by having a policy like a cancellation fee shows that I value your time and mine and no if you cancel last minute my time will be unable to be rebooked. The time wasters and chronic cancellers are less likely to attempt to book you if they see your firm on your policy. This is a business like any other one and it deserves to be treated with the same respect.

This fee may not agree with everyone, but like anything else if you do not like a lady's policy there are plenty of other ladies out there.

• Like 4

Each of the providers here is running a small business. It's just a common business practice when there is a cancelation there is a loss of revenue.

It is up to each individual how they want to run the business, and to start stating the other one is not as exceptional or tasteless as the other because they require cancelation fee is not fair.

Do you have to pay cancelation fee if you missed your appointment with your lawyer? therapist? doctor in some cases? yes. you do. do you think any lesser of these people because they implement such a fee? (the doctor, etc.)

- just my saturday morning rambling.

Edited by Areez
spelling :b

At the end of the day folks, this business whether we care to believe it or not, is unlike most.

It involves a personal experience, and a vulnerability that is unique to anything in the business world. Both for the SP and for the Client.

Clients cancel for a variety of reasons, most of the time it really won't seem legit. Sometimes it is. Fact of the matter is as much as we want to take the same approach as a Doctor or Lawyer would with a cancellation fee, in my experience I don't believe it will work.

What I think would work is to have a better communication amongst Service providers, and Agencies and even MPs and setup a very clear network.

When some guy doesn't show, he doesnt deserve a second chance if he doesnt call to cancel. If he changes his mind last min he doesnt get a second chance.

And then post it on this list, date it, with proper info including phone numbers, emails, names ect.. guess what? If he calls 5 ladies and they tell him where to go, and what to do when he gets there, he will get the message loud and clear.

Make this a standard proceedure across the board and it will put the ppl that don't care about your time, in their place.

I know this may sound harsh, but in reality it is a small number of ppl that do this. The vast majority of ppl are very respectful and there is never an issue. This suggestion will serve our good clients as well, as it will free up time that would have been available to them had the inconsiderate A-holes essentially *cock block* them by likely booking 3-4 appts and choosing to honor only one of them.

• Like 3

I must confess to not reading all the comments in tis thread, but i'm sure comparisons have been made to professions like dentistry-if you no show or cancel your appointment too close to the set date, you pay a fee. It SHOULD be the same with the ladies (a much more enjoyable experience than sitting in the dentists chair being tortured for an hour or so). But I tend to agree with PK Jason, I don't know how it could be applied practically (that doesn't mean it couldn't be done, I'm just not smart enough to see it).

The donation is for the lady's time-time she can never get back. I read an interview with Bruce Lee once where he said he only spent time with preferred people becuase he didn't want to risk spending time with people who might waste his. The universe, he said, only gives us so much before we're gone, so why waste any of it?

But there's nothing unreasonable about a cancellation fee for someone who waste's a lady's time. But perhaps Jason is right when he suggests educating the guilty parties with immediate blacklisting.

I think networking and sharing information would be a strong positive for the industry, but I hesitate about the immediate blacklisting. It seems to me that someone could be blacklisted very easily for any number of reasons, not all of which are necessarily valid or fair. I fully support the respect and safety of the ladies, and believe they should have the opportunity to ensure their time is not wasted. But, the client's side in all of this should be considered as well. What's to stop a pissed off SP from blacklisting someone maliciously when, perhaps, it isn't warranted?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

Perhaps the list could be verified by other SP for example, if client X at 613-xxx-xxxx failed to honor his appt on this time and Day is then followed up by other ppl it would have alot more weight than if it is coming from a relatively unknown SP with no reputation either way.

overall I think the good would vastly overwhelm the bad side of this.

I can say this, we are very diligent on blacklisting offenders and we get at the min 15 ppl a day still try to make appts that are on the list.. We send them packing.. and we have them appologizing and realizing their mistake. We do from time to time, give 2nd chances if the client seems genuine. And these guys we do, usually dont screw up twice.

It really is a very interesting idea, if it could be somehow centrally and impartially managed, and with the possibility for the client to somehow appeal. For safety reasons, it would be a good idea as well. I just have images of the national no fly list in my head; you can be on it by mistake, not know why, and have no way of getting your name off it.

• Like 1

It really is a very interesting idea, if it could be somehow centrally and impartially managed, and with the possibility for the client to somehow appeal. For safety reasons, it would be a good idea as well. I just have images of the national no fly list in my head; you can be on it by mistake, not know why, and have no way of getting your name off it.

scribbles, nominated you by accident when trying to quote you...sorry man.

I think it needs to be clarified that there is a difference between blacklists and NC/NS lists. They are indeed very distinct and separate. Blacklists are for dangerous experiences only. Here on CERB, providers are cautious about listing on either unless we are sure it needs to be out there imho. I don't know anyone personally who is quick to list unless they have a clearly valid reason...

cat

Guest W***ledi*Time

One of the reasons why different ladies may choose different policies regarding cancellation fees is that different ladies have different practical business-models.

Many ladies say that they see relatively few clients a week. If one particular client cancels, I would guess that the lady in that case may have the opportunity and flexibility to add another client later on (say, a few days later) so as to keep her overall volume of business at her personally desired level.

On the other hand, many ladies do not have this luxury. Especially if they are touring, they have structured their business based on tighter scheduling.

This is only one aspect of the subject. Ladies are entirely free to set their own policy regarding cancellation fees or anything else, based on their own preferences and what works for them - both practically and as an expression or symbol of due-respect from clients.

(Ladies and gents should also be free to express their varying opinions on this board without having their words twisted, or being jumped all over for not toeing someone else's party line. It's educational to be open to accepting the fact that the world always offers-up a diversity of views.)

I would also think that one of the other reasons that touring ladies have higher rates in general would be due to cancellations that have to factored in when talking about ROI in their travel costs, hotels.. ect.

The part that really needs to come through in all of this is, if you are not 100 percent sure you can honor your appt, don't book it! It causes everyone grief, it makes the no show look like a schmuck and in the end everybody loses.

I would also think that one of the other reasons that touring ladies have higher rates in general would be due to cancellations that have to factored in when talking about ROI in their travel costs, hotels.. ect.

The part that really needs to come through in all of this is, if you are not 100 percent sure you can honor your appt, don't book it! It causes everyone grief, it makes the no show look like a schmuck and in the end everybody loses.

The only problem with if you are not 100 percent sure you can honour your appointment philosophy is life happens to EVERYONE (and no one can be 100 percent sure) and realistically given that philosophy, no one should ever book an appointment ever

Every encounter I book I'm 100% sure I will attend. But life has happened, to me, requiring postponements, and to ladies, who have postponed, and in one case a couple hours before the scheduled encounter cancelled, and due to circumstances, not a postponement, but a cancellation (and no hard feelings here, don't misunderstand).

I would suggest, as has been the theme of this thread, that if the lady has a cancellation fee, that is factored into the planning of an encounter, and happily paid to the lady when life happens.

A quick rambling

RG

I think this is a crucial point for travelling ladies. One of our members from the East coast traveled here last spring and this was additionally mentioned in the Ottawa reco area that she had a few last minute cancellations. It was Sophia Varoushka, if she does not mind my mention, and Cato kindly reminded the guys just as you have. If the Gentleman want the ladies from other provinces or cities visiting, please do not cancel at all even with notice as their cost is high to travel and the decision to do so is based on this factor.

Ifa n apt. needs to be cancelled in this case for any reason, definitely a cancellation fee is appropriate and should be pre paid.

I seem to have hit a nerve....sorry girls.

Throwing stones? No

Ignorant? No

We all think and do things differently. Just stating my opinion as you are.

Merry Christmas :)

Lauren

I seem to have hit a nerve....sorry girls.

Throwing stones? No

Ignorant? No

We all think and do things differently. Just stating my opinion as you are.

Merry Christmas :)

Lauren

You have every right to state your opinion and in this case you said

"To bring up a cancelation fee the next time we see a client who has had to cancel in my opinion is tasteless"

But calling those who have a different policy than yours tasteless, well it does come across as stone throwing and ignorant.

You can advocate your policy re cancellation fees without belittling others who have another policy.

No one belittle's your business practices, nor should they...your business practices work for you, other ladies' business practices work for them.

RG

Guest sh****s****r
If the Gentleman want the ladies from other provinces or cities visiting, please do not cancel at all even with notice as their cost is high to travel and the decision to do so is based on this factor.

Ifa n apt. needs to be cancelled in this case for any reason, definitely a cancellation fee is appropriate and should be pre paid.

Erin I appreciate that if at all possible we shouldn't cancel an appointment but if an appointment has been arranged with a lady that is travelling to our city weeks ahead of her visit there are many things in life that can happen prior to her arrival ie. catching the flu, work commitments, etc. I understand that they base there visit on how many potential clients will be visiting them. The one thing I learnt in life it's incredibly unpredictable.

My simple philosophy, respect your commitments as everyone's time is valued.

Like I said before you're entitled to your opinion as I am. Take what I said anyway you want.

Now, I am going to enjoy the rest of my days off with my family and friends rather than argue with people on an Escort Review Board about who is right and who is wrong. Opinions are like bumholes, everyone has one.

All the best in the New Year!

Lauren

• Like 2

Stuff happens. We have to cancel some time, sometimes on short notice (i.e. the wife/girlfriend calls while on way, kid needs ride from school, boss calls for a meeting)

I think it is a cost of doing business. I would be turned off if I was asked for a cancellation fee at the next session. I'd probably just see someone else new. There was a recent conversation about an MPA(retired) who did this to longterm clients and they all stopped going. If I cancel once and show up another 4 times in a year , you are further ahead than if you lose my business because i don't like your policy.

Additional Comments:

Lauren

I agree it is in poor taste and can sour a session. I didn't see her comment as being negative towards anyone else

If I cancel once and show up another 4 times in a year , you are further ahead than if you lose my business because i don't like your policy.

Not if I could have seen a different client to take your place who would have shown up for all 5 appointments, or compensated me if he missed one.

Stuff happens. We have to cancel some time, sometimes on short notice (i.e. the wife/girlfriend calls while on way, kid needs ride from school, boss calls for a meeting)

I think it is a cost of doing business. I would be turned off if I was asked for a cancellation fee at the next session. I'd probably just see someone else new.

Of the ladies that have a cancellation fee in their policies, it is written in clear BLACK & WHITE on our websites (which we ask all potential guests to view in its entirety prior to booking an encounter) that way there are NO surprises. As its been said before and ill say it again if you dont like a ladies policy look else where, don't bitch about it, as its what works for her and LOTS of people have no problem complying with them.

As well more and more ladies are requiring references, so before you think its as easy as finding someone new to visit with, I would think twice about booking a lady that you don't respect her policies. As if you waste her time or cancel with no notice chances are she wont be vouching for you and will you will be most likely listed as a time waster or a last minute canceller.

As well referring to how any one else runs their business as tasteless is ignorant and negative towards other ladies and how they conduct business, something that is not acceptable on this board.

• Like 2