Erin I appreciate that if at all possible we shouldn't cancel an appointment but if an appointment has been arranged with a lady that is travelling to our city weeks ahead of her visit there are many things in life that can happen prior to her arrival ie. catching the flu, work commitments, etc. I understand that they base there visit on how many potential clients will be visiting them. The one thing I learnt in life it's incredibly unpredictable.

My simple philosophy, respect your commitments as everyone's time is valued.

I totally understand the reasons you mentioned above for cancelling a scheduled rendez-vous but I think it's fair to say that if you have an hectic work schedule that you should not make an appointment with the lady weeks ahead.

A simple email acknowledging she is visiting your city and telling her you would love to spend time with her but cannot commit to a specific day and time because of work would be much more appreciated by the lady then a cancellation for the same reason.

I would much prefer if you contacted me 2 days (or a day) ahead to schedule a rendez-vous and have you show up then having you contact me weeks ahead, me reserving that time for the two of us, declining other rendez-vous for that same day and time (around the same time) and having you cancel our date.

Bottom line is that if you know you have an hectic schedule, do not book that far ahead of time.

Not if I could have seen a different client to take your place who would have shown up for all 5 appointments' date=' or compensated me if he missed one.[/quote']

That is totally your call. In my business I value my long term customers and cut them some slack. Over the years this has paid off. If I were you I would rather get me another 4 times and the other person for 5.

Stuff happens. We have to cancel some time, sometimes on short notice (i.e. the wife/girlfriend calls while on way, kid needs ride from school, boss calls for a meeting)

I think it is a cost of doing business. I would be turned off if I was asked for a cancellation fee at the next session. I'd probably just see someone else new. There was a recent conversation about an MPA(retired) who did this to longterm clients and they all stopped going. If I cancel once and show up another 4 times in a year , you are further ahead than if you lose my business because i don't like your policy.

Additional Comments:

I agree it is in poor taste and can sour a session. I didn't see her comment as being negative towards anyone else

I guess calling ladies who have a cancellation fee policy tasteless, well I don't see that comment as positive, nor no matter how hard I try, can I spin that as a positive. I see it as negative and frankly bashes the ladies who do have a cancellation policy.

RG

I guess calling ladies who have a cancellation fee policy tasteless, well I don't see that comment as positive, nor no matter how hard I try, can I spin that as a positive. I see it as negative and frankly bashes the ladies who do have a cancellation policy.

RG

I totally agree, RG especially when this is mentioned:

if we are exceptional service providers, we will always be able to fill the space of a cancelation...

For this one I chose not to comment and apply the CERB's motto ;)

Stuff happens. We have to cancel some time, sometimes on short notice (i.e. the wife/girlfriend calls while on way, kid needs ride from school, boss calls for a meeting)

I think it is a cost of doing business. I would be turned off if I was asked for a cancellation fee at the next session. I'd probably just see someone else new.

Let us think about this. For example. You are on your way to meet an SP or MA, you are minutes away then apparently, your girlfriend/wife phones and you cancel. hmmmmm. Pretty hard to re-book now and lost income prevails for the lady. But hey, just a cost of doing business. Don't think so. A cancellation fee is the "least" of what should be paid in this scenario.

• Like 3

That is totally your call. In my business I value my long term customers and cut them some slack. Over the years this has paid off. If I were you I would rather get me another 4 times and the other person for 5.

I do value quality long-term clients.

Guest sh****s****r

Gabriella, totally agree with you, if your work schedule is very hectic and unpredictable and then you should only book once your clear if your able to make it or not. My work commitments don't usually vary so I can make commitments weeks ahead of time but I've had the odd surprise.

With some of the recent posts,it's a policy. If it states a cancellation fee will apply if you don't cancel within 12, 18, 24, etc hours what's the issue. Yes, things come up from time to time but if you respect the person your seeing then there should be no issue with paying the fee the next time you see them. As I mentioned in a previous thread, as long the respect goes both ways and if the lovely lady has to cancel last minute a small percentage is deducted on the next visit.

After saying all of that, it comes back to being respectful for one another's time. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen each other, it doesn't give you " get out of jail" free card.

And for those of us who have to travel and schedule well in advance, well just remember "life happens" and factor/budget that into your planning. If I was going to see a lady who charges a cancellation fee for a no show, well first I'd text her apologizing, and pay likely through email money transfer the cancellation fee...it's what a gentleman should do when he, whether his fault or not, stands up a lady.

It is our lifestyle, our escape, our indulgence...and as good as the ladies are in making it seem a escape for both us and them, it is the ladies' livelihood.

And for those who don't require a cancellation fee, well at least for this guy, I have, and will, tangibly make it up to them...and that is in cases with a few days at least minimum notice, and in some cases, a month or two notice of not being able to make the encounter

A quick rambling

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Guest E*******h S******s

I value all of my clients. Unfortunately the reverse is not always the case. If a client that I've only seen a couple of times cancels at the last moment without any thought towards compensating me for that time, he is not valuing me as a provider. Believe it or not, the income that I might lose from a client that only sees me 4 or 5 times a year is pretty easy to make up. I happen to have clients that I see weekly, twice a month or once a month. Would I insist on a cancellation fee with these clients? No I wouldn't, because they value me as a provider. I know this because they have offered compensation for missed appointments which I declined because I value them and I do happen to understand that shit happens.

I rarely get no call/no shows because I insist on references. When I do, they go on my timewaster list and they don't get a second chance. Clients that cancel at the last minute that I don't know very well might get a second chance depending on a number of factors, one of which is whether or not they are willing to compensate me for the time lost.

Something that many gentlemen don't understand is that irrespective as to whether or not you may deign to see us doesn't mean that we must acquiesce to the appointment. At the end of the day it's all about who I will agree to see, not who will agree to see me. If you wish to take your business elsewhere because you don't agree with my policies, I'm really quite ok with that and will wish you well in your future encounters. What I won't do is tell you that you are tasteless and don't value others because of your choices.

I think it is a cost of doing business. I would be turned off if I was asked for a cancellation fee at the next session. I'd probably just see someone else new. There was a recent conversation about an MPA(retired) who did this to longterm clients and they all stopped going. If I cancel once and show up another 4 times in a year , you are further ahead than if you lose my business because i don't like your policy.

Additional Comments:

I agree it is in poor taste and can sour a session. I didn't see her comment as being negative towards anyone else

You hit the nail on the head. Thank you ;)

In the interests of clearly stating their appointment policies, maybe MAs/SPs should also advertise that people who reschedule will be charged a cancellation fee?

That would certainly help the cause when gents are booking and have full understanding. (and of course offering a link to their web site if they have one,or simply post it in their announcement in the daily schedule).

In the interests of clearly stating their appointment policies, maybe MAs/SPs should also advertise that people who reschedule will be charged a cancellation fee?

For me, a cancellation fee is something that is subjective, so it will never be something that I advertise.

• Like 2

I think networking and sharing information would be a strong positive for the industry, but I hesitate about the immediate blacklisting. It seems to me that someone could be blacklisted very easily for any number of reasons, not all of which are necessarily valid or fair. I fully support the respect and safety of the ladies, and believe they should have the opportunity to ensure their time is not wasted. But, the client's side in all of this should be considered as well. What's to stop a pissed off SP from blacklisting someone maliciously when, perhaps, it isn't warranted?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

Well, to be frank, what led to this SP to be so pissed off? It is a bit contradictory to suggest that a pissed off SP doesn't have a good reason to report a guy, and that it could be malicious and unwarranted. Most SPs don't get pissed off with a client who didn't do something wrong, imo.

If a guy is a chronic NS/NC, and one pissed off SP posts about him (maliciously or not lol), there will be 16 others who had the same experience with him, or possibly contacted the same day or week with the same requests. If it was a one time thing, and typically the guy is a decent non-game playing client, there will be a completely different set of posts with sps sharing their experiences with the same guy. Anyone new to him can balance the information.

SPs using blacklist reporting are not frivolous nor malicious about it. But that is usually because the sps in blacklist private sp areas are professional experienced providers, not flakes.

There is an upside and a downside to providers being professional and reliable. There is going to be more requiring standard business practise information, such as references, cancelation fees, and 24-48 cancelation policies and bookings. If your time is also valuable, it would be a benefit to the clients to undergo this type of set up, as the likelihood of that sp 'forgetting' or sleeping thru an appt time, or not answering the phone at the appt time, or any other problem that the less professional and less reliable sps subjec their clients to can be nearly eliminated.

I totally agree, RG especially when this is mentioned:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sultrysecrets viewpost.gif

if we are exceptional service providers, we will always be able to fill the space of a cancelation...

For this one I chose not to comment and apply the CERB's motto :wink:

____

====================================================================

Gabriella: I agree with you.

As someone who books clients often with a minimum of 30 minutes notice, there is no guarantee that when someone no shows or cancels last minute, that there will be another to fill his space. I have turned away clients saying I was not available or at a later time (which may or may not be good for them) then only to have someone not show or cancel with 5 mins. notice and then lose that income for that day.

Since I am not a high volume provider and do not stack clients back to back like cord wood, it can impact me if someone cancels without adequate notice. This is why I always request they call me at minimum half an hour before to let me know they are on their way and if they can't make it, to let me know.

A few months ago, this gent who had been playing telephone tag with me and Nicki, finally got through to me, booked and actually showed up at the door, to inform me that he just received an urgent call and could not stay. I told him that since I had put the time aside for him, that I would appreciate a $40 cancellation fee. He opened his wallet and pulled out a $20 and said, "I'll give you this, because that's all I can afford". If he was coming to see me and willing to pay more than 3 times that for my services, then he could surely pay it, but I did not argue with him.

He further insulted me by doing in front me with fifties and hundreds visible in his wallet. (As an aside, this guy did not realize that I knew he is the owner of a very successful consulting firm in Ottawa and it's b.s. that he could not afford $40.).

Needless to say, that gent will never grace my doorstep again. Now, it's interesting because he has started calling Nicki again and she is not willing to risk him pulling the stunt so we have warned other ladies about him, so it's really their choice whether they'd be willing to book him.

If someone calls me with at least a half hour's notice to cancel, I will entertain seeing them again, but they only get 2 chances. If they let me know 5 minutes before they are supposed to get here, or don't call at all, then I do not bother giving them another chance.

There was this one guy who pulled a no show on me and then when he tried to rebook, I told him I would not commit to seeing him, but if I happened to be available when he called and was able to get to my place within 10 minutes, then I might consider seeing him.

He actually called one day, showed up, apologized and tipped me $50, so in that case, it turned out okay. Which is why like Megan, I don't have a hard and fast rule. I consider everything on a case-by-case basis.

Fortunately I have more "shows" than "no shows", so I can't complain, really.

Edited by Mature Angela

Cancellation fees, hmm. I think they are a great idea. I take few clients and a few of them I utilize this. They pay it the next time and if somebody cancels on me the first time its very rare I will see them again unless they offer to pay a fee. I don't advertise it or ask but won't see someone again unless they offer. Each lady has their own business model and if you don't like the way someone runs their business don't see them. Pretty simple.

Posted via Mobile Device

Cancellation fees, hmm. I think they are a great idea. I take few clients and a few of them I utilize this. They pay it the next time and if somebody cancels on me the first time its very rare I will see them again unless they offer to pay a fee. I don't advertise it or ask but won't see someone again unless they offer. Each lady has their own business model and if you don't like the way someone runs their business don't see them. Pretty simple.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, I agree April. I do think they are a great idea. And in that spirit, I think it's an even better idea to promote the possible cancellation penalties because it means a little more security for SPs in the future. It qualifies your clientele.

It seems that most ladies are up front about their service expectations and restrictions, I also think every lady should be up front about their business expectations (which incidently includes full disclosure about cancellation policies).

As a business person myself, I also expect full disclosure on an SP's "business model". As a client, I too have a "business model" which includes my own understanding of exclusions & penalties. I expect an SP to be totally up front about what is being transacted...just as the SP expects to be compensated for an understanding of services with their client.

My confusion now is that SPs seem to be backtracking on their own requirements. They seem to want to be free to charge a cancellation fee, but they are reluctant to be up front about declaring the ground rules for their own policy. I'm now confused about what is acceptable & what isn't.

As a business person, I find this to be totally arbitrary and maybe a little deceptive. Maybe someone can lend some eloquent words to work around my perception?

Jabba, in asking myself, should I charge a cancellation fee? If so, how much? I would ask myself several questions, including: Is he a new client? What kind of impression do I have of him? Has he cancelled before? Has he proven to be reliable by showing up to past appointments on time? Is he a good regular client? Has he done this to other ladies that I'm aware of? What reason did he give for a cancellation? How much notice did he give? Did he apologize?

Given all these variables, it's impossible for me to have a set "cancellation policy."

As I've already said in this thread, it's important for me to develop not just regular business, but quality regular clients who respect me and my time. If a client cancelled without giving me reasonable notice or a decent reason, I would hope he would offer to make it up to me somehow, or ask me what he could do to make it up.

I would do the same if I were retaining someone's services (eg. tutoring services, RMT massage, etc.) in that if I cancelled without giving reasonable notice, I would offer to make it up to them, regardless of what cancellation policy they may have because, well, that's just being a decent human being.

• Like 1

How many guys would like it if they got up for work, got ready, drove in and the boss is there saying we have no work for you today, oh and by the way, your also not getting paid today, go home. But be prepared to come in tomorrow, but no guarantees that we will have work for you

Wouldn't you expect at least some compensation for the time spent getting ready and travel costs to go to work? Best analogy I can come up with

It is the ladies' livelihood, pays the rent, car payment, groceries etc...and seems lost on some...not something they just do for the hell of killing a few hours. A cancellation policy seems fair, at least to this guy, and certainly no lady should be put down for having one

RG

• Like 1

How many guys would like it if they got up for work, got ready, drove in and the boss is there saying we have no work for you today, oh and by the way, your also not getting paid today, go home. But be prepared to come in tomorrow, but no guarantees that we will have work for you

Wouldn't you expect at least some compensation for the time spent getting ready and travel costs to go to work? Best analogy I can come up with

It is the ladies' livelihood, pays the rent, car payment, groceries etc...and seems lost on some...not something they just do for the hell of killing a few hours. A cancellation policy seems fair, at least to this guy, and certainly no lady should be put down for having one

RG

This is precisely my point RG.

If you are willing to let someone else determine your business model, then you get what you deserve. If you leave it up to the so-called "boss" who puts you on unpaid retainer, then backs-out without pay - you have just given him permission to screw you over. This is why a retainer or cancellation fee has such relevance here...but oddly, no SP/MP seems to want to take ownership over the concept. This is where I take exception to those who proudly demand compensation, but wimp-out over when asked "how much?"

I'm coming to the conclusion that a cancellation fee is fine in concept, but in practice it is something that, for various reasons, cannot be applied equally among clientele. Thank you Megan for clarifying this.

I do appreciate that Erin brought this discussion to light. I really do. In future, I will be much more careful in how I qualify SP/MPs for their suitability w.r.t my "business model".

I will now ask about the cancellation policy.

This is precisely my point RG.

If you are willing to let someone else determine your business model, then you get what you deserve. If you leave it up to the so-called "boss" who puts you on unpaid retainer, then backs-out without pay - you have just given him permission to screw you over. This is why a retainer or cancellation fee has such relevance here...but oddly, no SP/MP seems to want to take ownership over the concept. This is where I take exception to those who proudly demand compensation, but wimp-out over when asked "how much?"

I'm coming to the conclusion that a cancellation fee is fine in concept, but in practice it is something that, for various reasons, cannot be applied equally among clientele. Thank you Megan for clarifying this.

I do appreciate that Erin brought this discussion to light. I really do. In future, I will be much more careful in how I qualify SP/MPs for their suitability w.r.t my "business model".

I will now ask about the cancellation policy.

I do agree that it is the ladies' right to have (or have not if she chooses) a cancellation policy. And she should not nor never be put down by others if she does have a cancellation policy

As for application, that too, is entirely up to the lady. But some ladies' policies are in black and white on their website. What is, at least in my opinion, one of the problems, is a potential client often reads, well skims what he wants off the website, primarily photos, rates and services, then books an encounter without reading the whole website

I always factor (ie budget) into this lifestyle the chance I may have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, and possibly pay a cancellation fee.

I know if you reserve a hotel, and are a no show without cancelling in a certain time frame, your going to be charged for the room.

Life happens to everyone, but just because life happens to you shouldn't mean someone else is out of pocket for it

Hopefully my last post on this topic

RG

Guest h****hedl

I agree that an SP has the right to be compensated for her time, her discretion. Many factors to consider with excuses or plain no shows. Respectfully: run your businesses accordingly...

As a client that mainly welcomes outcalls to his place - as his main routine for encounters; I can appreciate the time and effort to clean yourself and location before the SP arrives. I am wondering if the SPs would compensate the client in the same manner - a discounted future encounter perhaps, if they for some reason have to cancel without reasonable notice. I have actually re-scheduled personal activities and plans to ensure appointments will occur (yes - I love encounters that much!)

This thread struck a chord as I recently had a no-show without even a courtesy call. I waited 25 minutes before phoning her to find out if everything was okay, is she on her way?... when she answered, she used the excuse of "oh, I forgot" and didn't even offer an apology. Granted people do forget things, but her next comment really sealed the deal. She just asked what I was doing the following day because then she would have time for our appointment. Needless to say it is very saddening (almost emotionally crushing) to anticipate the appointment (especially an SP that you've had your eye on and appears to be everything you'd be seeking physically at least) the entire day, *I'm sure most gents feel that same rush* - only to be told you were forgotten when you finally call her. I really don't want to sound frivolous, but I do think that it would have been appropriate to offer me compensation of some sort (maybe a discounted raincheck as mentioned earlier).

I think this thread is a very valid one - thank you Sensual Erin. As PistolPete and others have stated in earlier posts everybody's time is valuable. (paraphrasing). Hope some readers, after seeing the responses on this post, realize the importance to respect one another's time - that is the bottom line.

8)

hb

I personally do not offer discounts, etc. when I cancel appointments, but I hardly ever cancel and if I do so, it's for sickness (and once I cancelled because my cat had a medical emergency and died 2 hours later). If I forgot an appointment or did anything other than cancel with as much notice as possible for a good reason, I would offer something in return. I'm very organized, punctual and reliable, and expect the same of my clients!

When I cancel due to illness, I try and give at least 12-24 hours notice as I can usually feel something coming on. I email them to cancel, asking them to let me know they got the message, and I let them know I will be in touch as soon as I'm better.

Once I'm better, I email the clients I cancelled on and offer them "first dibs" to reschedule, before I start advertising again. I do this delicately, and not in a way to pressure them to reschedule. It may very well be that they wanted a massage that Saturday and when I cancelled, they booked with another lady. I respect that! My experience, though, is that most reschedule and appreciate being given "first dibs."

Guest E*******h S******s

In the 6 years I have been in this business, I have cancelled twice. Both times were with clients I had seen before, both were cancelled with more than 24 hours notice and both times they were offered a "raincheck discount". I have not, nor will I put a "cancellation policy" in my advertising as there are far too many variables (some of which I have already mentioned) involved.

Leave it safe to say, if you cancel on me with less than 24 hours notice, you may very well have to pay a cancellation fee if you book again. You will be advised of the fee when you contact me. I would never try and "upsell" you once you had arrived. Given that I have no intention of surprising you with an additional monetary donation, I don't feel the need to advertise whether or not I have a "cancellation fee". You are in full control of your dollars. If you do not wish to pay the fee, I'm very much content to wish you well on your future encounters.

This is why a retainer or cancellation fee has such relevance here...but oddly, no SP/MP seems to want to take ownership over the concept. This is where I take exception to those who proudly demand compensation, but wimp-out over when asked "how much?"

I don't like this statement Jabba some of us are upfront about our policies as Emily already stated it is listed on our sites!

Here is a quote from my own site right on the main page listed with my "rules".

6. All cancelled appointments with less than 6hrs notice may be charged a $20 cancellation FEE!!!

Now I have made exceptions to this rule for really good regular clients with legitimate reasons. But I also had one client I had seen a couple of times who cancelled at the last minute because one of his buddies gave him tickets to the local hockey game!

I am a low volume provider and only take per-scheduled appointments. So there is no way if someone cancels I can make up the money.