Favorite Credit Cards?

I thought I'd start this thread as a change of pace from the usual topics. Personally, I prefer the Momentum Infinite card since I get actual cash back instead of points. This way I'm not limited to specific rewards, and can spend my windfall on anything I want, like seeing Cerb's lovely ladies, for instance!

With all my home renos I am currently cashing in on the Canadian Tire reward money! Actually, come to think of it, I know a provider who actually accepts Cndn Tire money like regular money, but I digress.....

• Like 1

My Amex card has got me out of potentially serious scrapes abroad when local banks were closed. Unfortunately they've closed a lot of their local offices so it's less convenient now.

With all my home renos I am currently cashing in on the Canadian Tire reward money! Actually, come to think of it, I know a provider who actually accepts Cndn Tire money like regular money, but I digress.....

Wow... no kidding?!?! She must buy a lot from there...

Any credit cards where you can receive airmiles. Actually I have one credit card with a low limit and that's it. I paid off and ripped up the others years ago. Life is much simpler when paying for things with cash.

• Like 2

One that the balance is completely paid off

Had a platinum mastercard once, the cheque on my insurance on my boat (first boat was a write off, but that's another story) wasn't coming in for a few days, wanted my new boat NOW!!! so I was able to buy it on the credit card, and then just pay it off when the cheque came in. But scary really having that amount of money available like that

But for me, as much as possible I now don't use a cc, prefer cash as I go

RG

Guest k**tyl****r

I like PC, always good to have food in the house ;)

Now if we could earn SP points!

The Amex card has a very good cash back policy on purchases from 1% at gas stations to 3% in restaurants. Every January I have a windfall and get some money back from the credit card.

I am specifically talking about the AMEX card that we can get with COSTCO membership on it.

My favourite credit card is someone else's (them paying the bill), ha ha.

Seriously, just prepaid ones for this girl.

• Like 1

Any credit cards where you can receive airmiles. Actually I have one credit card with a low limit and that's it. I paid off and ripped up the others years ago. Life is much simpler when paying for things with cash.

I use the Bank of Montreal prepaid Mosaik Mastercard Nicolette. It has airmiles. Load it from my bank account online, funds usually there next evening. There is no monthly fee.

Guest S**a*Q

I'm rebuilding some messed-up credit, so I had to start with a secured credit card. I believe I'm with Capital One, but I'd like to be with PC Financial. I love the free grocery option. Either that or Shoppers Optimum Points.

Guest Ou**or**n

For those using pre-paid cards consider Zoompass It has no monthly fee, no per-transaction fee and no loading fee. You can load it by making a payment to it from your bank account (takes about 2 days). There are other loading options as well.

The one in the back pocket of my wallet that my wife doesn't know I have. Comes in real handy for those non marriage approved activities such as hobbying or box seats at Fenway when I swore I would only buy bleacher seats.

RBC Avion infinite VISA (best visa I have ever had)

Full travel insurance (great when AC looses my luggage on a regular schedule (26 times in 2011)), hotels for missed flights, new flights booked as well as any meals in your time of distress) I read the fine print in the book and I called and asked questions, a few exclusions, but I dont plan on travelling to a war torn country in the next while so I should be ok.

No black out dates on using reward miles on any flight with any airline worldwide. No advance purchase need either, so when AC decideds 900$ is a fair fare to get to a small city, I get them back with points and the bonus is you still get your aeroplan miles (see AC you screw me BUT I always win)

An extra bonus of .25 points in addition to the 1 point per dollar you already get for anything travel related that you used your card for (airfare, hotels, bus, train, etc)

No waiting on hold to speak to an actual person when you call for anything (LOVE THAT)

And an over limit allowance dependant on limit (great when waiting for hotel holds to clear as that can take up to 7 days some times)

O and the card screams classy it is silver and black and really pretty

RBC Avion infinite VISA (best visa I have ever had)

Full travel insurance (great when AC looses my luggage on a regular schedule (26 times in 2011)), hotels for missed flights, new flights booked as well as any meals in your time of distress) I read the fine print in the book and I called and asked questions, a few exclusions, but I dont plan on travelling to a war torn country in the next while so I should be ok.

No black out dates on using reward miles on any flight with any airline worldwide. No advance purchase need either, so when AC decideds 900$ is a fair fare to get to a small city, I get them back with points and the bonus is you still get your aeroplan miles (see AC you screw me BUT I always win)

An extra bonus of .25 points in addition to the 1 point per dollar you already get for anything travel related that you used your card for (airfare, hotels, bus, train, etc)

No waiting on hold to speak to an actual person when you call for anything (LOVE THAT)

And an over limit allowance dependant on limit (great when waiting for hotel holds to clear as that can take up to 7 days some times)

O and the card screams classy it is silver and black and really pretty

Yes, the RBC version is great! Does yours have the concierge feature as well? I've always found that particular service comes in handy when I'm in a pinch or pressed for time.

Yes, the RBC version is great! Does yours have the concierge feature as well? I've always found that particular service comes in handy when I'm in a pinch or pressed for time.

Yes it does, and it is a wonderful feature....