Separate sections for SP and MA

Guest D*****mati**

Hi all (mod included),

I was wondering if the announcements section could be split in half, SP in one, MA in the other.

While I have the upmost respect for all the ladies on the board, I find it annoying to stumble on a post/ad that truly interests me just to realize that you can only get a massage.

I think this would give cerbite a better experience in allowing them to see/find what they are looking for.

My two cents,

P

I have been thinking for a while now that this is warranted more and more. If you look to the right, the majority of the ads are for MP (and trust me I have seen some and will again). It would be advisable to have separate areas. There is enough traffic on both sides to be justified,

I can see why one might want to have them separate...but then again I kinda like to browse through and entertain the range of possibilities. At the moment I only see an MA. I have come across SP's that offer massages and have seen one for that purpose. Would an SP that offers massage have to post twice? Would this create any confusion? I think that once one gets into cerb and gets to know who's who then the difficulty passes. Not sure.. just offering a different point of view.

Peace. Happy New Year.

• Like 2

Hi all (mod included),

I was wondering if the announcements section could be split in half, SP in one, MA in the other.

While I have the upmost respect for all the ladies on the board, I find it annoying to stumble on a post/ad that truly interests me just to realize that you can only get a massage.

I think this would give cerbite a better experience in allowing them to see/find what they are looking for.

My two cents,

P

I have to agree that this makes sense.

Yes, that would seem to make sense. I presume it wouldn't be too much of an issue for ladies that offer both to post in both places, especially if their rates are different for each.

It must be said that the Ottawa advertizing section gets a pretty rapid turnover of posts, and I suspect that the ladies would be better off having their current ad remain on the first page of the forum for their target audience for longer. Having said that it probably ought to be the ladies that get to decide how ads are handled and segregated (or not) - it's their livelihood we're talking about, after all...

What about the SPs that offer some massage service? Would they be allowed to post in both section?

Why not? They can either repeat their ad or have tailored ads to appeal to the reader. The latter seems more desirable since you would be targeting your reader more effectively.

I am assuming of course of Sp offering service as MP only and not a massage as a prelude to more traditional SP services. This type of service would be solely for the SP section, IMO.

Currently the Posting Rules state:

You can post 1 thread per 12 hour period in the "Schedules, Announcements and advertising area" of your city.

I read that as yes a SP can post on both but can only have 1 schedule post per 12 hour period. i.e. post on the MA section wait 12 hours before allowed to post on FS SP section.

• Like 1

I read that as yes a SP can post on both but can only have 1 schedule post per 12 hour period. i.e. post on the MA section wait 12 hours before allowed to post on FS SP section.

Although this assumes one section per city. The rule would probably need amending if there were two... maybe to just allow two posts per 24 hours, since I imagine that having to remember to come back later would probably be a pain in the ass.

Of course, all this assumes that the decision would be made to split things up... but the general reaction so far seems promising.

Guest dingo
Hi all (mod included),

My two cents,

P

This sounds like a great idea ,I totally concur with this suggestion

dingo

Guest Ou**or**n

I concur as I only see SP's and with the volume MA ads I don't check the advertising section very often as I find it frustrating. I think if there were two sections then I doubt there would be an issue with amending the posting rules accordingly.

This is a great idea. It is already in use on many advertising only sites, so many providers are accustomed if the offer both massage only sessions and full service sessions they will post an ad in both. I can see in this area the massage only section would be fairly busy (usually elsewhere there are very few massage only providers or providers who do decent sensual massage enough to make it a separate session option)

I think both the MAs and the SPs would find they will be happy with the separation, and the increased chance the clients don't get tired of looking before they find what they are looking for when they can go direct to the section that appeals to them first.

It is a very valid request, despite some of the comments to the contrary. One of the major complaints one hears is that there is a major misunderstanding about services offered. To book an SP you may think is an MA, is less of a problem than booking an MA thinking she will do FS. I am sure most SPs will try and give a massage if that is what the client requests. To ask an MA for Reverse CG may be more of a problem. It could become a big problem.

Although in my mind, personally, (my opinion only) there is not big difference, because it is still a sexual act, it is a problem for many of the providers. Particularly as there is a large percentage of this board that is MA only. This might help avoid some problems for members. (clients and providers)

Edited by canuckhooker
to say what I meant to say.

This sounds like a great idea ,I totally concur with this suggestion

dingo

Ditto with Dex and Dingo..

Would be appreciated. "Clarifying" and seemingly useful and beneficial for all.

Reese

We have been discussing this in council (back in November) and we have some issues with it.

(1) It's very difficult (and time consuming) to move all the old posts from one area to the other

(2) Some advertisers do both MP and FS so we are trying to decide if they would be permitted to advertise in both sections or just one

(3) If both would we have a limit of time (like once per area in a 12 hour period)

(4) some people would obviously see this as a way to get more advertising and post in both even though they primarily do just FS or MS

Anyway... we are (have been) discussing this.

• Like 1

What about in that little space where you can choose a smilely for your thread?

Some people use them, a lot of the time I see this sheet of paper looking icon, which I'm guessing is the default..

Anyways, could you just add little SP and MP icons that people could choose to use if they wanted?

• Like 3

We have been discussing this in council (back in November) and we have some issues with it.

(1) It's very difficult (and time consuming) to move all the old posts from one area to the other

(2) Some advertisers do both MP and FS so we are trying to decide if they would be permitted to advertise in both sections or just one

(3) If both would we have a limit of time (like once per area in a 12 hour period)

(4) some people would obviously see this as a way to get more advertising and post in both even though they primarily do just FS or MS

Anyway... we are (have been) discussing this.

If I may say, as someone who does offer two distinct session options:

(1) don't move anything. The advertisers will just post new ads in the new section. You don't have to be responsible for moving the existing ads, unless maybe the advertiser contacts you and asks directly for the move.

(2) & (4) Using both sections is really only valid if the advertiser really does offer distinctly different session options. For example, saying they are willing to do massage and hj at their half hour FS rate is not offering massage option. Saying they offer a different service, complete description and different rate is offering a massage option. For an example, you could view a harmony-bc ad in the vancouvder ads. She is a skilled MA as well as offer FS, but her sessions are clearly outlined that you choose one type or another type.

(3) People who seriously offer both massage option and FS option are pretty rare, the cross over is not going to be that big. In my experience on other sites, the # posting in both is really really low. And it can be self policing, if anyone contacting an advertiser in massage sections finds that they are not providing distinct massage sessions, the ad can be reported.

Those points are just based on my experiences advertising on both sections, fwiw, may not be worth anything at all lol

What about in that little space where you can choose a smilely for your thread?

Some people use them, a lot of the time I see this sheet of paper looking icon, which I'm guessing is the default..

Anyways, could you just add little SP and MP icons that people could choose to use if they wanted?

That's a really good suggestion!

I agree fully with the two threads option, and might also add,,,,,,,,,what about a split reco thread for MAs and SPs......................Yeah I know, a whole new can of worms.

• Like 1

I agree that there needs to be a separate list for MAs and SPs. For providers that do both, they would need to pick a category for the 12 hour limit and stick with it. It will require some honor as policing it would be a head ache if abused but I don't really think it would be a problem.

I don't think that old posts and recos need to be moved. Old advertising posts are obsolete in a matter of days and there can be a link to a reco thread easily included. Just start the new section and it will flow from there.

cat

While it would be nice to separate the sections, I agree that having two forums would complicate things for providers who offer both services. And to further complicate the issue, what about providers who offer services that don't fall under either category (eg. Dom/mes who do not offer full service)...

From my short experience, a lot of individuals aren't reading the threads fully - I outline very clearly that I offer massage services (and the MA in my name is there for a reason) but I am often contacted by individuals looking for full-service.

What about having post icons for SP and MA ads?

• Like 1

While it would be nice to separate the sections, I agree that having two forums would complicate things for providers who offer both services. And to further complicate the issue, what about providers who offer services that don't fall under either category (eg. Dom/mes who do not offer full service)...

From my short experience, a lot of individuals aren't reading the threads fully - I outline very clearly that I offer massage services (and the MA in my name is there for a reason) but I am often contacted by individuals looking for full-service.

What about having post icons for SP and MA ads?

I think those that offer both should simply chose to post in one area for the advertising period allowed. I offer both but would never bother with putting an ad in the MA section as my price for both is the same. The problem is with so many providers in Ottawa; our ads get bumped off the page in a matter of hours, long before the 12 hour waiting period is up.

cat

The problem is with so many providers in Ottawa; our ads get bumped off the page in a matter of hours, long before the 12 hour waiting period is up.

I believe that could be solved by changing the default forum view - I think it's currently at about 25 and that could be changed in forum settings by the mod so that more posts show per page.

• Like 1