Conspiracy theories you believe

You know all those crazy conspiracy theories crazy people talk about? Like Elvis is still alive, or the moon landings never happened, or Area 51 is the mysterious home to alien conventions (buffet included). You've all seen those bargain books at Chapters, lying uneasily in bins affixed with a $4.99 price tag, titled 'The Government Poisons Our Water with More Water' and 'The Holocaust Never Happened, by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.'

My question is, what conspiracy theories do you believe? I know they're silly but it's fun to imagine a totally different world every now and then.

My favourite conspiracy theory, which I would love to believe true, is that the Romanovs are still alive. Or at least one of Nicholas's daughters. How fun would it be to still have a Russian royal family? Just to annoy Putin.

What does everyone else believe/wish was true?

xoxoxooxoxoxo Amelia

• Like 2

That the penguins will take over the world with the lolcat on December 21st 2012.

I mean, come on, birds that can't fly wearing a tuxedo? Suspicious to me.

And the lolcat...well they have been around the internet for AGES...and keep warning us, we just think they are cute...but wait until Dec 21st.

• Like 1

hehe, this is a good thread

Tupac is alive, American's blew up their own buildings, Aliens..ugh gee, I believe a lot of them

Oh wow. For most of them I am a serious disbeliever, however, there is one!

I do believe that there is an Area 51, or some version of such, where UFO crash remains are stored and perhaps even alien remains? Oh wow, did I really just admit to that?

While not one that I believe but one that amuses me is that Paul McCartney died in a car crash in the late '60s. Apparently clues can be found in (A) the cover of the Abbey Road album, (B) the end of song Strawberry Fields and (C) the tried and tested method of listening to songs BACKWARDS!!! True he was in a car accident but here we are 45 years later and he is still quite alive OR is it just his supposed "look a like" that has been churning out the music all this time???

The truth is out there...

Edited by stevecurious

I'm still a bit skeptical about the whole moon landing thing. It's 2012, and we don't currently have the technology to go there. The last estimate I heard was that it will take us a decade to develop the technology needed to get there. Yet in 1969, when the US president had vowed to beat the Russians there, and to do so before the end of the decade........ Sounds fishy to me!

The Kennedy Assassination

All theories, the Mob, the Military Industrial complex, the Cubans, the Cuban exiles etc are plausible and if the truth comes out, it wouldn't surprise me, just confirm suspicions...I don't believe for one minute Oswald was a lone gunman

Whether some, or all of the above working in concert, assassinated him, me thinks something is foul and afoot

RG

• Like 2

That everyone's out to get me :).

The Oswald lone shooter thing for sure. I rushed home from high school to watch the Watergate Trials on TV and I've often thought they were wrapped up before getting into the really juicy stuff which may have exposed conspiracies invloving JFK, Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy. Exposing corruption of that magnitude at the highest levels of government was shocking at the time.

The re-opening of the Natalie Wood case is interesting as well.

Peace

MG

I don't immediately discount anything, and dislike that things are dismissed without consideration by calling them "conspiracy theories." To me, sniggering and shrugging something off without thought is more dangerous than coming up with a crazy idea that can be disproven.

Conspiracy theory is important. It gives people a feeling of power or agency when the situation makes them powerless and is incomprehensible. It also challenges the norm and forces (or should) people to ask questions and get informed, which are two activities we need to do more (need proof? Who did we elect out of willful ignorance and a laziness to examine the issues?).

A conspiracy just implies that every event has a cause that can be explained rationally and was planned out. To dismiss conspiracy is to embrace Contingency Theory, which basically just says shit happens for no reason and we don't know why. Which one makes you feel less helpless?

I think there's a little truth in a lot of the theories to go along with the kookiness. The interesting part is to tease out the truth.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

Oh my! Basically everything that has been mentioned already. I will freely admit I am kind of a conspiracy nut. The one I most believe in is that Tupac is still alive. I've gotten into more then a few arguments about that. Oddly enough I believe Elvis is dead. Oh and I believe Marilyn Monroe and Kurt Cobain were murdered.

Posted via Mobile Device

That the inventor of the Wingdings font is actually an Al Qaeda operative....

The proof??

Type NYC in any font.... (go on, I am waiting)

still waiting......

still waiting....

Okay.

Now highlight NYC and change the font to wingdings.

The answer???

well we don't have wingdings on CERB.

You know all those crazy conspiracy theories crazy people talk about? Like Elvis is still alive, or the moon landings never happened, or Area 51 is the mysterious home to alien conventions (buffet included). You've all seen those bargain books at Chapters, lying uneasily in bins affixed with a $4.99 price tag, titled 'The Government Poisons Our Water with More Water' and 'The Holocaust Never Happened, by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.'

My question is, what conspiracy theories do you believe? I know they're silly but it's fun to imagine a totally different world every now and then.

My favourite conspiracy theory, which I would love to believe true, is that the Romanovs are still alive. Or at least one of Nicholas's daughters. How fun would it be to still have a Russian royal family? Just to annoy Putin.

What does everyone else believe/wish was true?

xoxoxooxoxoxo Amelia

Meet Austin Poutine Romanov ;) Royalty at its finest baby !

Putin-as-Austin-Powers-34492.jpg

• Like 1

Very interesting thread I must agree! Now here is mine which is sure to get a few thinking hopefully.

Now, if satellite images shown publicly and presented to the UN and the countries who vote on sending in weapons inspectors as sophisticated as they are can be presented in a fashion where they reveal that a nation is arming themsleves with "weapons of mass destruction" and then years later we find out there were none can be faked....then why would a nation who feels they were victims of the worst crime in world history (September 11th, 2001) such as the United States simply shoot Osama Bin laden and also hand over Saddam Hussein so quickly after they captured him back to the Iraqi people who clearer weren't after the truth but only retribution?

and I answer, people made jokes about lookalikes of Hussein and there were rumors he had somewhere near 30 lookalikes and ownde 5 palaces because he was paranoid, what says the body protrayed and displayed for millions was his? Is it not possible that he is alive and in US custody ? Bin laden dead in a 28 minute assault on a compound by Seal team 6? I highly doubt it! Hunted for 10 years and they don't want to talk to him at all? Or even possibly make him suffer?

Try that Conspiracy!

Guest s******ecan****
Sarah Palin's an alien and Bob Barker is an android. How else to explain them?

posting such slander won't help us when the aliens arrive or the androids rise up or the alien-androids invade. We should be laying the groundwork for respectful relations with them since we will one day serve/or be served to them...

just sayin'

(ps could also come back on us if there ever is a Palin/Barker administration)

posting such slander won't help us when the aliens arrive or the androids rise up or the alien-androids invade. We should be laying the groundwork for respectful relations with them since we will one day serve/or be served to them...

just sayin'

I thought she had already chosen a different running mate????

palin2012.jpg

just sayin'

An alien invasion would be scary. Imagine sleeping in your comfy bed. Then your roof explodes and some glowing beam of light shines on you from the sky, next thing you know your on the alien spaceship strapped to a table in an compromising position with your mouth gagged. Then some alien sticks this long metallic object inside all of your orifices. Slowly going deeper and deeper until you..... wait a minute..... that doesn't sound so bad actually.

Go aliens!

I wouldn't worry too much about robot uprisings though. Not if they are running on Windows.

Then there is this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020390/The-Smurfs-communists-accused-communists.html

I always believed that Bin Laden is still alive. Doing stand up comedy as a Bin Laden impersonator. I wanted to make a short film about this!

Also Justin Beiber and the Pope? Same person. Remember: you read it here first!!!

I feel this song by the Shapeshifters is appropriate.

"with all the corruption going on in the senate it wouldn't surprise me if our own US president was actually a space alien, that's right. George Bush Junior is really a reptilian clone lizard man.."

I'm not religious but I believe the message in this conspiracy is a fine idea!

... and this not overly thoughtful contribution is my 100th post... is there a conspiracy theory about milestones?icon12.gif

Guest S**a*Q

I think that the whole "chemtrail" and cloud seeding conspiracy theories are very plausible. Also, something doesn't jive with the whole 9/11 fiasco. I personally think that the US gvmt had something to do with the planning and attacks. Other conspiracy theories I believe may be plausible, man never landed on the moon, that it was all faked.

Conspiracy Theory? I had 5k posts the other day..now down to 4991 (with this one). Someone wanted me to post ten more times?? lol... Hardly think so... lol..the ten posts were removed (and I know what transpired), its all good, will have to post 9 more times, they will be recommendations. ;)

• Like 3