I guess you don't like Big Ben either, since when he threw the tying TD pass, he pointed skyward... Guess that is Ben praying, or perhaps he is thanking his lucky stars that he isn't in prison, like he should be.

Confession time.......on a hunch, I picked up Tebow about a quarter of the way through my Fantasy Football league and he was a prolific scorer of points, so I am biased.

I guess you don't like Big Ben either, since when he threw the tying TD pass, he pointed skyward... Guess that is Ben praying, or perhaps he is thanking his lucky stars that he isn't in prison, like he should be.

I don't understand this comment at all, but in the spirit of this board, I love you all.

Guest ***nsut***jr
Confession time.......on a hunch, I picked up Tebow about a quarter of the way through my Fantasy Football league and he was a prolific scorer of points, so I am biased.

Not biased... blessed.

Good luck with your picks

Not biased... blessed.

Good luck with your picks

I will be interested in your comments after the Patriots win next Saturday :)

• Like 1

Just meant that to different degrees, alot of the athletics pray to a higher being, at some time, often after a great play. I guess many of them are hypocritical since I suspect they have no religious beliefs. So, which is worse, someone that you know where they are coming from, or someone the feigns belief. At least with Tebow, there is consistency.

The reference to jail is Big Ben = Criminal = Jail Time (which is where he should be)

I don't understand this comment at all, but in the spirit of this board, I love you all.

Oh yea, New England is a huge favourite, but you never know with Tebow. Devine intervention perhaps.

I suspect that after this weekend, the only good thing about "Tebowing" is...that it will be OVER.

There has been way too much talk about this guy in my opinion. I believe there has been too much hype with respect to his achievements thus far. Lets be honest, they played some mediocre teams and won and got very luck with a couple of the wins.

Guest ***nsut***jr

I am not "Tebowed out" because I just don't pay that much attention to it.

I don't worship celebrity so to me it is just another factor in the game or a piece of the puzzle.

And yes NE should win next week and Pittsburgh should have won on Sunday.

But if you ask John Elway who knows a lot more about football and winning than any of us I am pretty sure he is a big fan of Tebowing, Tim Tebow and even the smell of his socks.

Thats just the way it is

I am not "Tebowed out" because I just don't pay that much attention to it.

I don't worship celebrity so to me it is just another factor in the game or a piece of the puzzle.

And yes NE should win next week and Pittsburgh should have won on Sunday.

But if you ask John Elway who knows a lot more about football and winning than any of us I am pretty sure he is a big fan of Tebowing, Tim Tebow and even the smell of his socks.

Thats just the way it is

John Elway has publicly questioned whether or not Tim Tebow is the future QB of the Broncos. If you don't follow the NFL that much I can understand how you're not "Tebowed out" but follow the weekly shows about the NFL and you would be, like him or hate him, he is very much in the discussion.

Guest ***nsut***jr

I assure you my access to NFL news is extensive.

I just choose what I listen to in terms of the actual impact to the game, league etc.

Yes John Elway has made that statement about the future but at the present he is assuredly worshipping the water Tebow is walking on.

As Al Davis said about the Raiders... "Just win baby"

Maybe Al wishes from up in heaven that he had drafted Tebow and was "just winning".

Just sayin

He has turned a religious practice of praying to a sports cliche t'bowing, his whole persona is religious based, hard to say we shouldn't talk religion when talking about Tim Tebow.

People pray, I accept their religion. I don't judge people based on their beliefs but on their actions. As a person, I like him, because he seems nice and genuine and very enthuiastic about the game of football. As a football player, I have doubts about him, but as I said it's too early to tell. He clearly has a lot of potential and time will tell what heights he reaches.

I would suggest his persona is not religion-based, just his portrayal in the media. If he was a Canadian athlete playing the the CFL, it wouldn't be a big issue. The fact that religion is such a big part of American life makes it a bigger stoy down there.

It's all part of the bigger question about whether or not we should focus on athletes personal lives. I know a lot of people hate Roethlisberger because of his off-field actions, but on-field he's a very talented and likeable guy. Do we have the right, sitting on our couches, to judge these people for their personal lives just because we have access. What if we were on TV and people judged us negatively for being members of a sex work discussion forum? I don't have a clear view on the issue, sometimes I try to ignore their personal lives because I try to respect peoples choices, but sometimes I can't look past certain actions and dislike athletes because of it.

I assure you my access to NFL news is extensive.

I just choose what I listen to in terms of the actual impact to the game, league etc.

Yes John Elway has made that statement about the future but at the present he is assuredly worshipping the water Tebow is walking on.

As Al Davis said about the Raiders... "Just win baby"

Maybe Al wishes from up in heaven that he had drafted Tebow and was "just winning".

Just sayin

With all due respect, John Elway is not worshiping Tim Tebow, John Elway, in my opinion is the best QB I have ever seen play. IMHOP Tim Tebow will not be around in 2-3 years. And, for the record, there is no heaven :).

Guest ***nsut***jr
And, for the record, there is no heaven :).

Ahhh... so you are saying you have not spent some time with one of the ladies from CERB.

I pray you get to...soon.

But I will give my two cents... Tebow is an outstanding athlete that is miles away from being a good QB. However, the kid has a really good work ethic so he might just reach a great level eventually..

He does go over the top with the religion but as a role model for the kids, you could emphasize the team spirit, his never-give up attitude and the work ethic and leave the religious part out of the equation..

I dont think he will be a superstar like brady, bress or Rodgers.. but he might be a decent QB in the NFL.. in the meantime.. I am enjoying the playoffs and the best is yet to come!!

Cheers!

"I would suggest his persona is not religion-based, just his portrayal in the media. If he was a Canadian athlete playing the the CFL, it wouldn't be a big issue. The fact that religion is such a big part of American life makes it a bigger stoy down there." your absolutely correct Maverick

the media has run this to a ridiculous level and encouraged fans to jump on one side of the issue or the other,they should back the f#*k off and let them do what they do best and thats play football.

I ran across a comment in a thread elsewhere where someone said of Denver's win "I guess Denver's God was stronger than Pittsburgh's God". This left me confused. I guess I slept through that part of Sunday School. Back in the day, I thought, in the Christian scheme of things, there was only one God. And He got all snarly if you had more than one.

Other thoughts: If both sides are praying for victory, then one of them has to be disappointed. And I know He is all powerful and everything, but does all this sports praying cause Him to take his eye off the important things like Darfur?

But back to Tebow and people's reaction to him: I lost interest in him back before he was drafted when his mother took the opportunity to present Tim's existance as an argument against abortion. I figured if his "camp" was going to get that far off the subject (we are talking football, right?) I was done listening.

As a family of two religions I find it funny that people would put a case together of God choosing sides in a game. Tim Tebow uses his religion as a support mechanism as opposed to some athletes who use drugs, gambling etc.

As a role model for children I will always choose the person who is trying to do the right thing as opposed to the wrong way some athletes choose to live their life.

As far as God choosing sides, I can only speak for myself but I think the comments are meant to be sarcastic, that's how I interpret them, maybe it's just me.

I have nothing useful to contribute to The Great Tebow Debate... so here is something useless. If he were a beer, he'd be...

party-fails-if-nfl-stars-were-beers-tim-tebow-ad.jpg

• Like 1

Funny pic Phaedrus, this has been an interesting topic for myself, but as much as I've enjoyed it I'm hoping the topic dies off after Saturday's game.

:) Honestly I knew you would post that JSJ. Interestingly enough I heard an interview with John Elway today, he was asked if Tebow would be the starting QB next year and he could not say yes.

One of the problems with judging talent, is that evaluating the physical talent isn't hard, that can be measured, evaluating the will to win, the heart and the mental toughness is another. And in the QB position, this is can be more important than pure talent.

Many talented QBs have failed due to attitude/effort and other intangibles. Ryan Leaf one of the biggest, now we are hearing perhaps Mark Sanchez just doesn't work hard enough. Don't underestimate this intangible, clearly Tebow is not lacking in this area.

Realistically, the talent is marginal, but we shall see. I read where Fran Tarkenton was viewed in somewhat the same light, and we certainly know how his career went.

I don't think Denver can beat NE, but that won't stop me from rooting for them, and I like NE.

• Like 1