Your Greatest Albums....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdwMep4wETePQ261N_dwvtUGLJA-4St_Mk60cuxh0YCllKjcSN7Q3039.jpg

Personally, I never tire of listening to this album. I love Led Zeppelin, I love The Doors and Jeff Martin is unbelievably HOT! The Morrocan influence and heavy riffs along with Martin's sultry baritone make this debut an instant classic and an impressive beginning to many more eclectic, high-energy albums that followed. I've also seen them live a few times and they've always managed to completely blow me away.

And they're Canadian!

And they're back together! :)

Edited by Soleil Sublime
image didn't show up the first time
  • Like 1

Since I was a little girl and my mom would play it non-stop, I've always been in love with Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours'

FMacRumours.PNG

Still listen to this almost every day, have my entire life

• Like 6

Good Canadian Rock released in May 1977 - Prism.

Drank lots of beer, played cards with the boys and sang away like part of the band.

1. "Spaceship Superstar" - 4:06
  2. "Open Soul Surgery" - 3:51 (R. Higgs/H. Knight)
  3. "It's Over" - 4:06
  4. "Take Me to the Kaptin" - 3:59
  5. "Vladivostok" - 5:08
  6. "Amelia" - 3:14
  7. "Freewill" (T. Lavin) - 3:04
  8. "Julie" - 3:21
  9. "I Ain't Lookin' Anymore" (L. Mitchell) - 3:28

Prism_1977_album.jpg

And again in 1977, Fleetwood Mac Rumours. Every song just seemed a little different and each a hit on its own. And who didn't love Stevie Nicks.

Side oneNo.Title1."Second Hand News"2."Dreams" 3."Never Going Back Again" 4."Don't Stop" 5."Go Your Own Way" 6."Songbird"

Side twoNo.Title1."The Chain" 2."You Make Loving Fun" 3."I Don't Want to Know" 4."Oh Daddy" 5."Gold Dust Woman"

220px-FMacRumours.PNG

• Like 2

My favourite album, would be Chicago Greatest Hits 1982-1989. The album is the best of the make up, breakup and everything in between. This has been my favourite since junior high, and is always my go to music to set any mood.

59788204.jpg

Song 1 -Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away

Song 2 -Look Away

Song 3 -Stay the Night

Song 4 -Will You Still Love Me?

Song 5 -Love Me Tomorrow

Song 6-What Kind Of Man Would I Be?

Song 7-You're the Inspiration

Song 8-I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love

Song 9-Hard Habit to Break

Song 10-Along Comes a Woman"If She Would Have Been Faithful...

Song 11-We Can Last Forever

• Like 2

Since I was a little girl and my mom would play it non-stop, I've always been in love with Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours'

FMacRumours.PNG

Still listen to this almost every day, have my entire life

Cleo,

I knew I liked you. This is the first album I ever bought with my own money. I was 12 years old. My friends and i listened to it constantly. Don't Stop was playing the furst time I had a blowjob from my girlfriend - Micheline. Think of her every time it plays. Damn that was 33 years ago.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmj6gAndAYxuNgHmTm7N7FPFdjDMPFJMMWIforl4sD61Yg0QKRzg

Favourite album, that's too hard.

But this one is one of my favourite albums, well now CD

1 ) Hotel California

2 ) New Kid In Town

3 ) Life In The Fast Lane

4 ) Wasted Time

5 ) Wasted Time (reprise)

6 ) Victim Of Love

7 ) Pretty Maids All In A Row

8 ) Try And Love Again

9 ) The Last Resort

I have this disc, plus a few other Eagles CD's in my truck, especially enjoy listening too on long trips to Toronto or Ottawa

Why do I like the Eagles, don't know, except remember them from my younger days, they still appeal to me

RG

• Like 1

Wasn't around when this came out, but still my fav album and band.

220px-LedZeppelinFourSymbols.jpg

No. Title

1. "Black Dog"

2. "Rock and Roll"

3. "The Battle of Evermore"

4. "Stairway to Heaven"

5. "Misty Mountain Hop"

6. "Four Sticks"

7. "Going to California"

8. "When the Levee Breaks"

track 8 is unbelievable :) ...and the rest of the songs.

true rock album!

• Like 3

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (Released March 1973):

Did you know this album remained on charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 50 million copies sold, it is Pink Floyd's most commercially successful album and the second highest selling album of all time (Michael Jackson's Thriller is the first).

dark-side-of-the-moon.jpg

I wore out 2 copies of this album before finally getting it on CD.

Song List:

Side One:

1. Speak to Me

2. Breathe

3. On the Run

4. Time (including Breathe Reprise)

5. The Great Gig in the Sky

Side Two:

1. Money

2. Us and Them

3. Any colour you Like

4. Brain Damage

5. Eclipse

• Like 1

album-at-folsom-prison.jpg

This album, now I have the CD, came out in 1968. That was when my dad was posted overseas, I was a 7 year old tyke, we had no tv (well yes, tv, but nothing in English)

so all we had were records to listen too

This was one of them, and it imprinted on me...to this day, when I hear the songs off this album, it's a flashback to much earlier times

Lots of good songs on the album, but the first song, well it's my favourite

RG

• Like 2

Led Zeppelin II - Released October 1969

zep2.jpg

Side One.

1. Whole Lotta Love

2. What is and Should Never Be

3. The Lemon Song

4. Thank You

Side Two:

1. Heartbreaker

2. Living Loving Woman

3. Ramble On

4. Moby Dick

5. Bring it On Home

• Like 2

So many classic albums coming back to me. Some have already been mentioned so here is the first of a few more that I will bring up.

The Band - Music from Big Pink

Side One

"Tears of Rage"

"To Kingdom Come"

In a Station"

Caledonia Mission"

The Weight"

Side Two

We Can Talk"

Long Black Veil"

."Chest Fever"

Lonesome Suzie"

This Wheel's on Fire"

I Shall Be Released"

• Like 2

Meat.jpg

Another one from my youth, got it on CD now

And the song that stands out for me, my favourite from the album

Paradise By The Dashboard Light

At the time, when I was 16 years old, didn't actually listen to the song and it's message in full, just liked the song...but now, well I bet a lot of marriages, unhappy marriages got their start in that way, or similar ways...with the little head doing the thinking

Anyway, without further ado, Paradise By The Dashboard Lights

RG

• Like 1

TalkingHeadsMoreSongsAboutBuildingsandFood.jpg

My early musical tastes are very much rooted in mainstream British Pop/Rock (Beatles, Stones, Cream, Bowie, Yes), and American Folk/Rock (Dylan, CSN, Neil Young, The Band). Many of the aforementioned albums are also "milestones" in my journey of musical discovery.

However, in the summer of 1978 I tripped upon this album, which took me in some new directions and opened my mind to a range of new musical possibilities, particularly in art-rock and avant-garde artists. I first heard MSABF while listening to late-night programming on university student radio. Back then they would play albums in their entirety, with only a break to change records or flip sides. On this particular evening (early morning actually), I was under the influence of some kind of substance, feeling very relaxed and receptive (and alone, unfortunately), so I just kind of soaked the album up. It was so quirky and frantic to me (and so unlike the disco music I had danced to earlier in the evening), with rhythms, tempo changes, and arrangements I had never heard before. It made an indelible imprint on me. The next day I went out and bought the album, even though I could only remember the title having the words "buildings" and "food" in it. Thankfully, that was more than enough information for the record shop guy to find it for me. And so began an open-mindedness towards all music genres and a life-long quest to discover new music.

• Like 1

KISS ALIVE! (Released in 1975)

Released when KISS was starting to break stadium attendance records.

Before they got caught up in the Gene Simmons marketing machine.

Raw rock and roll at its finest.

kiss-imagen-3.jpg

• Like 1

The more that get posted, the more from my past come to light

My first stereo, well record player with detachable speakers, and this was my first record for it, back in 1973, Canada's own BTO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9__iA4zotRF_9dQMBTKWwzblTCEArJmU6VUkCiEriXpwYRB6YvqOtvNV-

And it was this song, that is my favorite, then and now

Taking Care Of Business

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Ahhhhh.... page three and no one has mentioned The Beatles yet!!!!

That's about to change.

This album IS the early Beatles. There is not a single throw in on the album... and it has one of the quintessential songs that defines the band at this stage of their career... "Can't Buy Me Love"

There aren't enough superlatives to describe the impact of this album and this band on the history of modern music... so here it is.... ohhhhh... and this one is meant to be listened to on vinyl with all of the glorious pops and hisses included....

a_hard_days_night_album.jpg

The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night

Side one

No. Title Lead vocals Length

1. "A Hard Day's Night" Lennon with McCartney 2:34

2. "I Should Have Known Better" Lennon 2:43

3. "If I Fell" Lennon and McCartney 2:19

4. "I'm Happy Just to Dance with You" Harrison 1:56

5. "And I Love Her" McCartney 2:30

6. "Tell Me Why" Lennon 2:09

7. "Can't Buy Me Love" McCartney 2:12

Side two

No. Title Lead vocals Length

1. "Any Time at All" Lennon 2:11

2. "I'll Cry Instead" Lennon 1:46

3. "Things We Said Today" McCartney 2:35

4. "When I Get Home" Lennon 2:17

5. "You Can't Do That" Lennon 2:35

6. "I'll Be Back" Lennon 2:24

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

This one came along in 1979, too late to really put its stamp on my formative years. And I was never part of the world its story springs from. But if there's one album that's been the soundtrack of my life over the last three decades, this one's it.

220px-TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg

"London Calling"/"Brand New Cadillac"/"Jimmy Jazz"/"Hateful"/"Rudie Can't Fail"

"Spanish Bombs"/"The Right Profile"/"Lost in the Supermarket"/"Clampdown"/"The Guns of Brixton"

"Wrong 'Em Boyo"/"Death or Glory"/"Koka Kola"/"The Card Cheat"

"Lover's Rock"/"Four Horsemen"/ "I'm Not Down"/"Revolution Rock"/"Train in Vain"

Outsidebowie.jpg

I followed David Bowie's career closely as he progressed from Diamond Dogs through to his Serious Moonlight tour, but by 1984 my interest was waning (which is somewhat ironic if you know his catalog). I didn't really like the over-produced dance/pop direction he was mired in.

While I had fleeting moments of interest when he became part of Tin Machine and produced his first true solo album in several years - Black Tie White Noise, it wasn't until Outside that he knocked my socks off again and regained my fan loyalty.

A concept album that featured a reunion with his Berlin days collaborator Brian Eno, Outside depicts a degraded totalitarian future-world (is there any other kind?) where "art crimes" are all the rage. While the concept is dark and somewhat disturbing, the music is brilliant, harkening back to my favorite Bowie period: Diamond Dogs (a similarly themed future-world) to Scary Monsters. Should it be any surprise that this album resulted in a tour collaboration with Nine Inch Nails?

Favorite Tracks (although they're all great):

Outside - Has a kind of oppressive heaviness with catchy tempo changes. A great opener that sets the mood for the album.

Hallo Spaceboy - Frantic and powerful. Pure energy. "This chaos is killing me"

Prick Me - Despite the spartan and tight mix, there's lots going on in this song. Full of Bowie-isms and catchy chants and phrasing. "Wanna come quick then die"

Thru' These Architects Eyes - Could have been the closer because it's almost a reprise of the opener Outside in feel, although more upbeat. Emotional vocals with a chorus transition that sends shivers down my back every time.

Stranger When We Meet - IMHO, the sequel to Heroes. If you liked that song, you'll like this one. Beautiful and evocative.

how does one go about putting in the album art I tryed to past it in and it showed up in the post preview but didn't come out in the actual post

any suggestions ? I would like to edit my post with the art.

I promised myself I wouldn't name a Beatles album, because once I let that genie out of the bottle, there's no putting it back. So, I'll do the next best thing...

JLPOBCover.jpg

John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band

A tormented soul and hurt man, letting it all out.

Guest Ou**or**n
how does one go about putting in the album art I tryed to past it in and it showed up in the post preview but didn't come out in the actual post

any suggestions ? I would like to edit my post with the art.

Find somewhere on the Internet with a pic of the album. I used Wikipedia as most albums with their are are listed there. Right click on the pic on choose 'Copy image URL' (I use Chrome, other browsers may give different options). Do not try and copy the image itself - just the URL which will look like http://blay/someimage.jpg

Now in your post click the little insertimage.gif box above the text box and paste in the URL of the image. You will not see the image until you post however you will see them if you preview your post - that's what I do.

Guest ***nsut***jr

3542911_o_200.jpg

Bruce Springsteen Live at the Hammersmith

So anything after the River in 1980 is sketchy IMO but the Springsteen from early 70's was amazing. It was fun and honest and Bruce and the band seemed to be searching for their identity rather than being the big arena rockers they were to become.

This album is a treasure and you realize that the band is quite talented in its own right.

Love Roy Bittan's piano playing (even on Meatloaf's BOH) and also Gary Tallent's bass.

Awesome version of Kitty's Back and For You

Disc: 1

1. Thunder Road

2. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

3. Spirit In The Night

4. Lost In The Flood

5. She's The One

6. Born To Run

7. The E Street Shuffle

8. It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City

9. Backstreets

Disc: 2

1. Kitty's Back

2. Jungleland

3. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

4. 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)

5. Detroit Medley

6. For You

7. Quarter To Three

Van Halen - Their first album released in 1977

220px-Van_halen_album_cover.jpg

Side One:

1. Runnin' with the Devil

2. Eruption

3. You Really Got Me

4. Ain't Talking 'bout Love

5. I'm the One

Side Two:

1. Jamie's Cryin'

2. Atomic Punk

3. Feel Your Love Tonight

4. Little Dreamer

5. Ice Cream Man

4. On Fire

• Like 1

These were the life altering albums in my musical "coming of age"

acdc-dirtydeeds-cover.jpg

Welcome_To_My_Nightmare.jpg

Ok I know this one's a "Greatest Hits" kinda thing but it's the first time I ever heard Black Sabbath....so it's got a special place for me

511TaqFpazL.jpg

White_ZombieAstro_Creep_2000Frontal.jpg

06.jpg

headstones_picture_of_health_1993.jpg