CBC Radio morning talk sex trade

On the morning of Feb27th today CBC radio carried a sex trade worker named Berlin on their talk show.

The person who represented the talk show spoke well of her trade, and was very articulate, and defended and represented her trade well.

anyone else hear it?! Ans what did you think?

Guest W***ledi*Time

It was on CBC's "Ontario Today", 28 Feb 2012:

"Sex Worker: Is it just another job?" - Berlin (yaay!); Joy Smith gets 5 minutes (aargh!); also a number of other callers.

Listen: Part 1 - 21 minutes; Part 2 - 27 minutes:

http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/2012/02/28/tuesday-open-lines-with-a-sex-worker/

Additional comments:

Berlin was well spoken as she always is in these situations. Also, the program was well-balanced ... until the final caller.

Turns out this last caller was Bridget Perrier of sextrade101. In addition to getting in the sensationalist zinger right at the end of the above show (as a "randomly sequenced" caller, I'm sure, bwahaha), she was given an extended interview, to voice the abolitionist position, on today's show, Wednesday 29 Feb:

"Sex worker who started at age 12" Listen (10 minutes):

http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/2012/02/29/sex-worker-who-started-at-age-12/

Edited by W***ledi*Time
added additional comments

You should start a seperate thread for this.

Great interview and AMAZING job by Berlin.

Everyone's experience in ANY industry is different, that's why we are individual human beings, capable of an infinite number of life experiences.

• Like 1

Well done Berlin, I also think it's a tribute to the CBC to have her on to show, that there are many women working in the trade that aren't the usual stereo type portrayed in the media.

I called and left a message of congratulations with Berlin as I think she did an excellent job providing thoughtful and experienced perspective to the discussion. I would have first chosen to PM her but sadly she is suspended....

It is unfortunate that Berlin and Megan, both active in POWER, are not currently active members on CERB.

I'm sure I speak for others in stating they are truly missed and hope they will join us again.

• Like 2

I heard it as well, thought Berlin was excellent. To be honest though I only listen to CBC Radio in the morning because I think Robyn Bresnahan is bloody hot!!!!

I'd like to congratulate and thank Berlin as well for a job well done. As a guy with quite a bit of grey hair, I sometimes have felt perhaps a bit insecure when with a lovely SP wondering if she really enjoys the company or is just doing this for other reasons. Its nice to hear from the ladies who truly do enjoy the trade. Thanks Berlin.

I am back from my suspension and was cruising all the things I've missed and saw this thread.

Thank you all for your kind words of support!

• Like 2

I am back from my suspension and was cruising all the things I've missed and saw this thread.

Thank you all for your kind words of support!

Awesome, I am really happy to see you. And love that avatar pic!!

Guest S****r

I heard it, and was so impressed that I contacted her and decided to enter the industry myself! True story!