Talking to a few ladies recently I feel there's a nasty trend starting here in the Nation's Capital-it seems we're getting a rep for being the Capital of Cancellations. I've talked to ladies from outside Ottawa who are reluctant to invest the time and energy to visit given the city's growing reputation and I've talked to ladies who are basd in Ottawa and are feeling like they're smacking they're heads against a wall. So what's the deal? i understand life comes up and that ladies have to cancel and postpone as well (and not always graciously), but I've been getting the impression lately that this is a growing problem. Is life in Ottawa that much more complicated than the rest of Canada? Or do too many people fail to realize that this is a business for these ladies, who put a lot of time and effort into making us, the hobbyist, feel cared for and comfortable? It isn't uncommon to hear of some ladies who have rented a hotel suite at significant expense to themselves and then suffer numerous cancellations. Bottom line, O-town's earning itself a bad name. Thoughts?

ive yet to cancel any appointments since joining cerb. it has happend to me that the SP's/ Agency's cancel on me a couple of times.

I haven't experienced that lately but prior to taking a hiatus from this business in the past, this was happening what from what I used to read. No shows, cancellations happen day to day but touring ladies are in a different category when it comes to this problem. Many of my SP friends from Toronto refused to come to Ottawa because there were fake appts and many cancellations. I don't know why this is the case but I'm surprised it's still happening.

I don't know about local ladies and cancellations because I am blessed to have cultivated a large group of ongoing regular clients but I have seen it mostly isolated with touring ladies. They do spend a lot of money on airfare and hotels so when this happens, it is a big deal and many women have been vocal about not coming back here in face to face conversations and on the boards.

My first visit started off with many no-shows. But I don't think it is just Ottawa either. I had this problem with almost every city for the first 1-2 visits. But as the people get to know me, and found my "regulars" it changed for me.

I think you just need to be patient. Always go with enough money put away for expenses. Once you visit a couple of times, and people start to see what you have to offer, the visits will get better.

Also I like to see who is advertising during my planned visit. If it appears to be a lot of touring ladies at once, then I will wait for a better time for me to visit. The supply and demand code seems to affect the scheduling.

Well I can only speak from my limited personal experience in Ottawa.

It is not my intention to offend but to relay my truth, if it angers anyone perhaps it strikes truth and will prompt you not to cancel again.

I visisted Ottawa last year and no where in the country had I received more requests to visit, please come to Ottawa, yes we'd love to see you. Everyone seemed so friendly and sincere I was looking forward to a very nice time.

Gentlemen want ladies not to over book so they are fresh and ready to play, I totally understand this and did/ do not. I felt I had a very good trip planned until I arrived.

Over half of my bookings cancelled last minute or were no shows, no calls. For my entire trip I had one cancellation that was valdid.

I have recently posted another trip and some of my first inquiries were from people that were no shows. When I pointed out the no show one guy said," well lets just forget it then" and I had another reply is not fit to print here.

So some gentlemen of Ottawa you do have a bad reputation with me, this is not what others have said but my direct experience.

You are under no obligation to book just becasue I am visiting so why bother if you are not showing up?

Its costs several thousand dollars to get us to you and back when we pay our expenses so please take this into consideration.

On the very positive side, I met some, lovely sincere, and generous people while visiting, a couple of you have even honoured me with a visit to me here in Halifax.

Again the fine gents I met were so appreciative and kind with their words and gifts to me, you are the ones I am comming back to see and we will have a wonderful time I am sure.

I will look forward to meeting a few more of you while I visit you and perhaps as Sophia said things are turning around.

I certainly hope so!!

• Like 1

My first visit to Ottawa in February was great. I recently visited Ottawa last week and it is fair to say I had a lot of cancellations which put a damper on my trip. Was I upset? Yes. Am I jaded? No! Will I go back to Ottawa? Yes but with better planning. I realized a few mistakes I made on my part. Like Sophia said it is all about timing. More than half of my pre-bookings cancelled. The interesting thing is that when I left I kept getting hobbyist asking me when I'm coming back to Ottawa. I don't know if this is a trend but I havent had enough visits to be sure. But I am in no rush to head back to Ottawa.

"You are under no obligation to book just becasue I am visiting so why bother if you are not showing up?"

I agree with Katherine. I will advertise a month or a few weeks before coming to a city. I don't understand why one would pre-book if they are unsure of their circumstances for that specific date. You are not under duress.

Gena

Edited by Jhena Grey
  • Like 1

Well I can only speak from my limited personal experience in Ottawa.

It is not my intention to offend but to relay my truth, if it angers anyone perhaps it strikes truth and will prompt you not to cancel again.

I visisted Ottawa last year and no where in the country had I received more requests to visit, please come to Ottawa, yes we'd love to see you. Everyone seemed so friendly and sincere I was looking forward to a very nice time.

Gentlemen want ladies not to over book so they are fresh and ready to play, I totally understand this and did/ do not. I felt I had a very good trip planned until I arrived.

Over half of my bookings cancelled last minute or were no shows, no calls. For my entire trip I had one cancellation that was valdid.

I have recently posted another trip and some of my first inquiries were from people that were no shows. When I pointed out the no show one guy said," well lets just forget it then" and I had another reply is not fit to print here.

So some gentlemen of Ottawa you do have a bad reputation with me, this is not what others have said but my direct experience.

You are under no obligation to book just becasue I am visiting so why bother if you are not showing up?

Its costs several thousand dollars to get us to you and back when we pay our expenses so please take this into consideration.

On the very positive side, I met some, lovely sincere, and generous people while visiting, a couple of you have even honoured me with a visit to me here in Halifax.

Again the fine gents I met were so appreciative and kind with their words and gifts to me, you are the ones I am comming back to see and we will have a wonderful time I am sure.

I will look forward to meeting a few more of you while I visit you and perhaps as Sophia said things are turning around.

I certainly hope so!!

Yes katherine this was excatly my first 2 experiences in ottawa too. I was almost never going to go agin...but I tried a couple more times, and has been good:) You quickly learn who the time wasters are too. But yes it is funny the very ones who were begging me to visit, are the ones who never booked or no-showed:( Strange, I will never know why??

... But yes it is funny the very ones who were begging me to visit, are the ones who never booked or no-showed:( Strange, I will never know why??

Funny, this is what happened to me when I scheduled my last visit to Saint John, NB.

I posted an ad saying I would be visiting either Fredericton or Saint John. Not long after I received many many emails and PMs asking me to visit Saint-John. I even chose my travel dates around the times that was most convenient

for some of the gentlemen who absolutely wanted to meet with me but when it came time to schedule our rendez-vous

or to confirm it before I left Montreal I never heard back from them... In the end, I decided not to go to manage my expenses and sadly flushed $500 down the toilet for my airfare.

Even though I had a very nice time the first time I visitied (great gentlemen and only 1 no-show and 1 cancellation) I have decided to not be go back again. I have very little patience for things like that and not a lot of time to waste...

I value my time just like everyone else.

As for Ottawa, I think a lot of the gentlemen (not all- thank goodness :)) have a very cavalier attitude towards the whole thing; they schedule rendez-vous and have NO idea if they can actually be present or not for the day/time scheduled but still do it anyway just in case they can make it.

To the respectful and conscientious gentlemen, a huge thank you!!!

My last visit to Ottawa was awash with cancellations last minute, and no shows.

The few times I was in Ottawa before we're good, but I have been experiencing that everywhere lately.

It's almost like an epidemic.

I have been asked to come to Ottawa again, but the only way I will do tours now is with deposits. Refundable if I have to cancel due to me not going, and if clients are no shows, deposit forfeited I'm afraid.

I've lost far too much money to throw it away just because people decide not to show.

Life does get in the way, but letting us know you cant make it, is acceptable. No shows are just plain rude.

• Like 1

Funny, this is what happened to me when I scheduled my last visit to Saint John, NB.

I posted an ad saying I would be visiting either Fredericton or Saint John. Not long after I received many many emails and PMs asking me to visit Saint-John. I even chose my travel dates around the times that was most convenient

for some of the gentlemen who absolutely wanted to meet with me but when it came time to schedule our rendez-vous

or to confirm it before I left Montreal I never heard back from them... In the end, I decided not to go to manage my expenses and sadly flushed $500 down the toilet for my airfare.

Even though I had a very nice time the first time I visitied (great gentlemen and only 1 no-show and 1 cancellation) I have decided to not be go back again. I have very little patience for things like that and not a lot of time to waste...

I value my time just like everyone else.

As for Ottawa, I think a lot of the gentlemen (not all- thank goodness :)) have a very cavalier attitude towards the whole thing; they schedule rendez-vous and have NO idea if they can actually be present or not for the day/time scheduled but still do it anyway just in case they can make it.

To the respectful and conscientious gentlemen, a huge thank you!!!

That sucks Gabriellia!! I totally know the frustration with this! I do think it is a problem almost everywhere. Like I said....at least for the first couple visits I seem to have this problem too. But after I go 2 times or so, I seem to find the good ones.

I now have deposits in place for first time dates, only 25%, but I think this helps weed out the insincere clients and the ones who truly want to see me wont mind. It is a one time fee. This helps to protect the regulars that I see. So that I do not say no to them for the sake of a person I have not yet met, and have them do a no show...on the spot appt are not required to make deposits, but may not have the chance to book it as my schedule may be full.

I just want the gents to think, Please dont beg us to visit, then not bother booking?? It gives us false hope as to how our trip will be, then the expenses and time become a disappointment for us:(

Well this does make me think ,as I have planned on starting touring this summer,this makes me stop and think ,will it be worth it,I have gotten a huge number of requests to come to Ottawa,but now I may reconsider,this scares me ,is touring really worth it?

Well this does make me think ,as I have planned on starting touring this summer,this makes me stop and think ,will it be worth it,I have gotten a huge number of requests to come to Ottawa,but now I may reconsider,this scares me ,is touring really worth it?

Yes I think it is worth it hun:) Just always be prepared for mishaps, plan carefully, and I am sure you would do fine;) keep your eyes on other's schedule as well, to be sure we dont have 10 touring ladies all the same time too. It may take a visit or two before you have a secure visit, like it was for me....or maybe not? It really is unpredictable for anyone and anywhere.

I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

To be very clear and to Cristy as well. The requests you receive and any nice comments on your guest book mean absolutly nothing when it comes to who will book and keep appointments.

This is a city where you need to be very careful with your bookings and be smart as Sophia has pointed out.

Again I have had many invites, "please come to Ottawa". Where are they now that I have annouonced my intention to visit?

• Like 1

I am someone who visits mostly with travelling ladies as well as someone who travelled a great deal for many years and I completely understand the costs associated with travel.....and these cavalier attitudes the guys have at great expense and stress to the ladies burns my ass .... a cancellation without reason is ignorant in every sense of the word and basically robbery....wake up fellas !!!

Whether it is plausible or not....an SP black list database behind the wall that lists guys that are cronic last minute no-shows would be a nice way for ladies to check in on before planning a trip based on bs bookings. Cancellations happen I understand....but I am talking about the cronic fellas.

I most certainly support and encourage a booking deposit for the travelling gals :)

• Like 3

I most certainly support and encourage a booking deposit for the travelling gals :)

I would 100% support and agree with Lee's comment.

Travelling is expensive, air fares are not refundable, though you do get a credit for future use within one year, and every change in a flight once it has been bookeds costs $75.

Costs at nice hotels are well up there. Transportation to and from the airport and eating on the road are all significant expenses.

A cancellation or a no-show which is even worse I'd think are literally taking money out of the pocket of the travelling SP.

Respect them for who they are and what they do.

• Like 3

I would 100% support and agree with Lee's comment.

Travelling is expensive, air fares are not refundable, though you do get a credit for future use within one year, and every change in a flight once it has been bookeds costs $75.

$75 is just the administration fee. Then you have to add the taxes (yes, they usually add $50) and the difference in cost for your new flights X 2 for a round trip. In this case, you are easily looking at an extra $400...

Sometimes using your 'credit' is not even worth it as it becomes more expensive in total then simply booking 2 new flights.

I have worked in Victoria, Vancouver, Halifax and Ottawa. By FAR I have had more undesirable clients here in Ottawa. That being said, I have also met some of my all-time favorite clients here.

I have learned to be very to-the-point, and to be firm about my etiquette and expectations. It turns a lot of guys off as it comes across less-than Little Miss Sunshine. But as a result the vast majority of clients I do see share with me a fun and mutually satisfying encounter.

I could speculate on reasons why there seems to be a higher incidence of less-than-ideal clients, but it would be in vain. I do what I do to weed them out, and it works for me.

I've always said I would rather turn a few guys off from seeing me, and have less appointments of a higher quality than lots of mediocre playdates. Settling for mediocrity just isn't my thing. And besides, if I'm having a great time, then my client is, too. Everyone wins.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Twice I've had to, well once a postponement, and once a cancellation, since embarking on this lifestyle. But they were a case of life happens, and it does, to everyone. But irrespective of the postponement/cancellation being a life happens situation, I did try to do the right thing. I rescheduled the one encounter, approx three weeks later, and made our encounter longer, instead of the usual three hour, it was a four hour encounter. In the case of the cancellation (ironicly it was in Ottawa) I did pay the lady in full for the encounter. She had set aside a certain time and date for our encounter (time that wasn't scheduled for some other paying client), I cancelled at the last minute, she still should be compensated...especially considering as a touring lady, she has extra expenses going to different cities

What some guys don't seem to understand or appreciate is this is the ladies' livelihood As much as the ladies provide companionship, and hopefully enjoy our company, it isn't an indulgence or hobby to them. This pays their bills, their rent, car payment, food on the table etc etc etc.

If you book an encounter with a lady, do it with the intent of following through with it. If you know more than likely you won't keep the appointment, don't book, it's as simple as that

Another rambling

RG

• Like 1

I have to say, I've heard this about Ottawa several times on CERB. And it's always about Ottawa, rather than other cities. And it's *really* frustrating to know that ladies I might like to see (or *really* want to see) won't make the trip because they've been burned by time-wasters in the past. And even more to know that there's nothing I can do about it, other than not becoming part of the problem.

Sorry, I'm not wealthy enough to make all of your visits profitable. But trust me, I would if I could!

• Like 2

I have to say, I've heard this about Ottawa several times on CERB. And it's always about Ottawa, rather than other cities. And it's *really* frustrating to know that ladies I might like to see (or *really* want to see) won't make the trip because they've been burned by time-wasters in the past. And even more to know that there's nothing I can do about it, other than not becoming part of the problem.

Sorry, I'm not wealthy enough to make all of your visits profitable. But trust me, I would if I could!

Just an idea, if there is a lady you'd like to meet who tours, pay her in advance, or maybe a 50% deposit via email money transfer, shows good faith on your part, and you might end up finding a lady you'd want to see again. And for repeat encounters, she knows you won't be a no show, but a good client. If a few reputable gentlemen (those who for one, aren't no shows) did that, the ladies likely would put cities on their tour list that aren't on them now.

Just an idea

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Deposit is not a bad idea,though it's not a perfect solution either.

I'm reluctant to accept advanced bookings,unless I met someone before. I always ask to confirm an appointment at least an hour beforehand,and it works fine.Timewasters are usually not that well organized to bother with returning calls.

The only difference is that I'm not in Canada and here where I am I get same days bookings mostly.