Halifax Social!!

Lexy, you have such a way of putting things in a way that is very sweet and respectful, and yet very clear and to the point.

I have to concur with Lexy's sentiments. I'm newish here, but as a hobbiest, discretion and privacy are paramount. By all accounts, Taloon is a great guy, but there is really no way of knowing. Just as I am fairly new with not much track record, I would expect everyone to be a little tentative if I were organizing the event.

I'm not really into the social thing, but perhaps another hobbiest or an sp would like to give this poor guy a hand in organizing it. Again, no disrespect to Taloon, as he might be thinking that "no good deed shall go unpunished" at this point.

Thank you! I better see your sexy ass there!! You are one of a kind and true gentleman!!!

Kisses,

Lexy

If you need any advice I co-hosted 2 successful socials with AngleaofOttawa last year.

If you want my honest opinion, you have to figure out if there is a demand for a social. As this type of gathering is in its infancy in Halifax, if I had to do one in another city, I would make it a casual meet and greet first. The first cerb social that took place in Ottawa, 7 people showed up. Then another member decided to have one at Christmas where they implememented a fee for the guys to pay for ladies drinks which was a good incentive for them to attend. Angela of Ottawa helped with this one and it was held in a downtown bar. Still informal but a larger crowd and the word got out. Then there was a Valentine's social at the same location in which more people attended and then there were door prizes and gifts for the ladies.

All of these meet and greets were pretty successful but something was learned from each of them both good and bad. I had attended both Xmas and Valentine's socials and decided I would like to try one and I asked Angela to help me. However by this time, these socials were somewhat popular and with more members wanting to attend, I decided to make a change and that was to have a completely private venue and take it one step further with being a bit more formal. The previous socials had other bar patrons who were somewhat inquisitive and they quickly figured out what our party was about. I wanted to have a space where no one else had access and it was completely private with our own bar, waitstaff and washrooms. And I found a very nice upscale location.

We also had several generous benefactors contribute door prizes for males and females and several ladies were kind enough to offer free sessions as door prizes. We went over with a fine tooth comb how we wanted to do it, how we could be discrete enough with management and rules/regulations we expected from our guests as learned from previous socials. The 2011 Spring social went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time. Angela and I did another one in the fall which was another success and Angela and Old Dog hosted the Christmas social which was also had a large attendance and a continued success. I guess what I'm trying to say is all of these socials started off as something casual and as someone else decided to host it, they were more publicized which made them more popular and successful each time.

Imo, I would start off as a casual meet and greet at a pub just to get people familiar with the idea. More importantly you have to figure out if there is a demand for it. This type of informal meet and greet would give you your answer. I would scratch the idea of paying for tickets right now. You have to find an incentive for the ladies to come. Mainly this would be a few generous folks willing to buy the ladies a drink or two. For a first time social, there is really no need to sell tickets or find a private venue. What is your goal for this social? You want people to gain your trust in arranging these events and by having one common goal - which is to meet people from Halifax. I'm sure the people you meet would have no problem with you arranging another one.

My advice is because this would be Halifax's first social, I would take baby steps and go from there. Invite people for a few drinks and see what happens. These socials can become very stressful and time consuming to organize but each person who hosted it, did it because they wanted to. There was no monetary gain in it whatsoever. I know you are a new member and with a consistent contribution to Cerb, people will regard you as someone reputable and known for holding these socials. Good luck and if you would like to know more, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the great advice Nicolette, I'm glad to see that more and more people are taking notice of our efforts.

Unfortunately the cat is already out of the bag on this one, as tickets have gone on sale and many gents have already paid. But the bright side is we have good numbers going so far and I am confident that they will get even better in the next few weeks. We may not sell out, but as you said, these things take some time to get off the ground.

When I came into this I really didn't have any expectations on numbers or response, I was just hoping to break even on expenses and create a great atmosphere. That is still my goal today, and with my help from Lana Lane and advice from others like yourself Nicolette, who have already been through this process, I think it is a very attainable goal.

BTW: Tickets are still available gents! PM me for the info, or read the posts above for details!

Ladies and Gentlemen of CERB,

It is with great disappointment that I must announce the cancelation of the Halifax CERB social.

I have been informed that because I am a new member and have not hobbied for the past two years (due to financial issues), that the ladies of this website will not endorse the social as run by me. In response, I offered to step down and give over the organization to someone else. This offer was turned down.

I am not laying fault at anyone's doorstep. In fact I believe that this is simply a situation where too many people have too much to risk to get properly involved/dedicated. I have done everything in my power, from meeting people in person to addressing any concerns people have online, and it is time for me to admit defeat.

To all of the gentlemen who have already sent me your social fee, please PM me as to how you would like to go about receiving your full-refund.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice, suggestions, offered to help, and cheered me on. I sincerely hope that someone can pull something like this together someday. Many of you deserve it.

• Like 2

This is a real shame. I hope those whom you mentioned will take it upon themselves to reconsider their position...

Respectfully,

Dr. Love

It is with great disappointment that I must announce the cancelation of the Halifax CERB social.

I have been informed that because I am a new member and have not hobbied for the past two years (due to financial issues), that the ladies of this website will not endorse the social as run by me. In response, I offered to step down and give over the organization to someone else. This offer was turned down.

I am not laying fault at anyone's doorstep. In fact I believe that this is simply a situation where too many people have too much to risk to get properly involved/dedicated. I have done everything in my power, from meeting people in person to addressing any concerns people have online, and it is time for me to admit defeat.

To all of the gentlemen who have already sent me your social fee, please PM me as to how you would like to go about receiving your full-refund.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice, suggestions, offered to help, and cheered me on. I sincerely hope that someone can pull something like this together someday. Many of you deserve it.

Agreed....a real shame. I must admit that at first, I had misgivings about the whole thing, but I quickly realized that there would be no transgressions- legal or otherwise- to this get-together. I had as much to lose as anyone by attending, but due to the privacy aspect, I was not overly worried. We're almost all in the same boat to some extent. I'm not sure how to proceed in the future. I was provided a list of attendees and some of the names on there reassured me that it would be good fun. I was really looking forward to the event. Taloon, you've spent some time and money on the preparations out of your own pocket, so I would like you to keep my fee for the social as a partial reimbursement for those costs. Thanks for your efforts and I hope we can attempt this event again in the future.

• Like 1

Guest dame*****n09*

Disappointing news; let us learn from this experience and do it right next time. This is too good an idea to surrender it ( easy for me to say, I admit, since it's impossible for me to help from where I am).

The time and effort you have put in are appreciated, Taloon. I'll pm you re what I'd like you to do with my fee.

Just curious, who tells you that you cannot do this? CERB? This social has been in the works for quite awhile, I've read many posts about it, just wondering why today it's cancelled, seems taloon has done everything he could to appease people's concerns.

As I have received many questions as to "who is responsible" for shutting the social down, I will simple say this: It is not my place to say.

If they wish to come forward and explain their own reasons I would welcome that, but otherwise I would not presume to speak for them or for their motives.

I think that it would be just be best to put it behinds us, learn from our mistakes, and move on. Anything else is just a waste of time, in my opinion.

• Like 2

If it is Cerb that did it, then have it as a private party with no affiliation to Cerb. If it is the male members that kyboshed it.....well, I don't believe it was because it was half sold out and paid for all ready. If it was our fine ladies that put an end to the dream, I would remind them that ultimately it is them who would gain business from such an outing if they are indeed sincere and provide a great service.

I have done most of my hobbying in Montreal and Toronto and been to a terb party in TO. It was a great time enjoyed by all and I am quite sure increased business for those ladies and agencies that attended.

The reason I don't hobby much at home in NS is because there is a maybe undeserved reputation that many of the ladies here are at least clock watchers if not get you done and leave as soon as possible even half way through your allotted time, the providers here are generally one and your done, not providing msog and that the look and class of our fine ladies is far below what is available in TO and Montreal. I'm not saying this is true but it is the prevailing opinion. I do know that we have some stellar ladies here. I have seen Penelope as Angel Starr multiple times and would consider her in the same league as many TO ladies. I have also seen another lady here that will remain nameless that although her service was not too bad her class had a lot to be desired, she was one and you are done and it was obvious that after the deed she wanted you out of there as soon as possible. None of my encounters are of the half hour ilk and quite often are multiple hours. I like to connect with my consort a little first.

What a wonderful opportunity for the ladies of our fine city to quell all these fears and let us get to be more comfortable with you. If it is the ladies who have put an end to this I think you are biting the hand that feeds you. Also, if it is one or two ladies causing the rift for fear of the gentlemen of Hfx finding out that we have many excellent providers here, then shame on you!!!! Have you heard the saying "A rising tide lifts all ships". Something you need to consider.

I guess I and many like me will continue to do the bulk of our hobbying in places where the ladies are not afraid to expose what type of people they really are or at least just see the well reviewed and classy ladies from Upper Canada when they visit our fine city. I guess that takes more business away from our local ladies, doesn't it? What a shame!!!

Any ladies who feel they can live up to the class of some of my friends; yes I say friends because that is what they have become, if only in a business sense, of the likes of Roksi(Read my review here from about a year ago) Kyra Graves, Rebecca Richardson or my ATF Noir from TO please contact me, I would love to make your aquaintance. By the way I saw Kyra Graves and Roksi while they were visiting Halifax.

I sure hope this little get together wasn't ruined by one or two ladies that were afraid of the competition it would provide.

To be blunt this sucks but what can you do? Yes there were some members hesitant, including me to go but many wanted this and we were looking forward to finally having a Halifax Social.

I will say and this my take on it, some were nervous because Taloon hasn't made much of a presence/contribution to the board besides the Social and we all like to chat and get to know you/someone by chatting, posts and possible encounters. It was like you just popped up and said i'll do it, which was a huge task and move to make.

With that being said like I've discussed with my fellow SP's, I wish I could of helped but I wouldn't have the time.

One thing I don't quite understand is why it is being implied that the ladies don't endorse the social and that is not true, the ladies on the list were willing and wanting to attend and it is also being implied that someone is responsible for "shutting down" the Social. I just think it's a shame that the blame is being put on someone, whomever they may be.

I think you could have gone forward with the Social, there was from the last list I received a good number of attendees for a first time and the list could have grown.

As I have received many questions as to "who is responsible" for shutting the social down, I will simple say this: It is not my place to say.

If they wish to come forward and explain their own reasons I would welcome that, but otherwise I would not presume to speak for them or for their motives.

I think that it would be just be best to put it behinds us, learn from our mistakes, and move on. Anything else is just a waste of time, in my opinion.

There is always and will be some hesitation, I think you threw in the towel too early. Unless a huge number of people opted out.

I guess it will happen another time/date.

All my Love,

Lexy

If there are a good number of ladies up for it and a good number of the gentlemen, then why don't we set a date and go through with it anyway. Do we need anyone's permission or blessing for a like minded number of adults to have a social event?

Additional Comments:

I am sorry if I implied that it was the ladies who ruined it. It just seems all things considered that it was the most logical assumption. Why don't the people who stopped it all come clean and explain what the problem is.

Of course we can set up another one. However,it will need someone to take the bull by the horns and organize it. This doesn't have to be "the event" of the year. I believe I read that Ottawa's first social had seven attendees. I think that some people may have had second thoughts for whatever reason and attendance numbers may have dipped. If Halifax social starts small, then the venue will also have to be small. In my case and likely some others, it will also have to be private. I have more thoughts on the future social, but would like to hear others chime in. What are the logistical problems we must overcome to ease everyone's fears? To me, I think at least one well respected and recognized lady must be at least a co-organizer. I had no problem with the last committee, but it didn't work for enough others. If we plan another social, I want the same password for attendance.......I memorized it.

If there are a good number of ladies up for it and a good number of the gentlemen, then why don't we set a date and go through with it anyway. Do we need anyone's permission or blessing for a like minded number of adults to have a social event?

Additional Comments:

I am sorry if I implied that it was the ladies who ruined it. It just seems all things considered that it was the most logical assumption. Why don't the people who stopped it all come clean and explain what the problem is.

Male or female. We will always be nervous going out in a public place as SP's and hobbyist. Who knows who will hear what, privacy and discretion is key and some gents and ladies don't want to appear in public out of fear of being outed. This is a very private business for many ladies and the gents.

You were so digging a major hole, you basically bashed all the reputable local ladies with your clock watching comment and no msog. Just because a recommendation doesn't say msog doesn't mean it's not offered and sometimes you just get drained the first time around, especially if you book only an hour...I'm not speaking of you, just in general, we have never met.

To be honest, this was not the thread for your rant about the locals not being up to par with other places or touring ladies. It was very insulting.

All my love,

Lexy

• Like 1

If it is Cerb that did it, then have it as a private party with no affiliation to Cerb. If it is the male members that kyboshed it.....well, I don't believe it was because it was half sold out and paid for all ready. If it was our fine ladies that put an end to the dream, I would remind them that ultimately it is them who would gain business from such an outing if they are indeed sincere and provide a great service.

I have done most of my hobbying in Montreal and Toronto and been to a terb party in TO. It was a great time enjoyed by all and I am quite sure increased business for those ladies and agencies that attended.

The reason I don't hobby much at home in NS is because there is a maybe undeserved reputation that many of the ladies here are at least clock watchers if not get you done and leave as soon as possible even half way through your allotted time, the providers here are generally one and your done, not providing msog and that the look and class of our fine ladies is far below what is available in TO and Montreal. I'm not saying this is true but it is the prevailing opinion. I do know that we have some stellar ladies here. I have seen Penelope as Angel Starr multiple times and would consider her in the same league as many TO ladies. I have also seen another lady here that will remain nameless that although her service was not too bad her class had a lot to be desired, she was one and you are done and it was obvious that after the deed she wanted you out of there as soon as possible. None of my encounters are of the half hour ilk and quite often are multiple hours. I like to connect with my consort a little first.

What a wonderful opportunity for the ladies of our fine city to quell all these fears and let us get to be more comfortable with you. If it is the ladies who have put an end to this I think you are biting the hand that feeds you. Also, if it is one or two ladies causing the rift for fear of the gentlemen of Hfx finding out that we have many excellent providers here, then shame on you!!!! Have you heard the saying "A rising tide lifts all ships". Something you need to consider.

I guess I and many like me will continue to do the bulk of our hobbying in places where the ladies are not afraid to expose what type of people they really are or at least just see the well reviewed and classy ladies from Upper Canada when they visit our fine city. I guess that takes more business away from our local ladies, doesn't it? What a shame!!!

Any ladies who feel they can live up to the class of some of my friends; yes I say friends because that is what they have become, if only in a business sense, of the likes of Roksi(Read my review here from about a year ago) Kyra Graves, Rebecca Richardson or my ATF Noir from TO please contact me, I would love to make your aquaintance. By the way I saw Kyra Graves and Roksi while they were visiting Halifax.

I sure hope this little get together wasn't ruined by one or two ladies that were afraid of the competition it would provide.

Well good day Traveler 196

Im not sure where to start with a reply to your post.

first off, it is very doubtful that CERB itself would shut down a gathering of members! Please think about that statment..would that mean that Cerb doesnt want us to meet each other...A board that prides itself in being a community...

It sounds as if you are not very happy with your results on this board as far as meeting the ladies that meet your expectations. Im sorry to hear that, But..for you to say that most Sps here are , clock watchers, dont have the class and looks that TO and Montreal have is an insult! You have stated that you have done most of your hobbing in those citys..so how can YOU be the judge of the CLASS of the local ladies in Halifax...You havent seen any! Or at the very least you have seen ONE, that didnt go well!!

I didnt see anything, anywhere in the posts that suggests the ladies didnt want a social,the ladies were the first to sign up that I could tell!

There was alot of presure on Taloon, this was to be the First! Yes there was sceptisum and alittle un-easyness. Thats to be expected. He is fairly new to Cerb....as YOU are! (going by your posts).

Halifax social will happen, all in good time!

Just my two cents worth, xoxo

Wow .....

As one of the ladies who was willing to donate her time for this event I feel that I have a right to speak my mind on this topic

I find it sad, that someone tried to show his credibility in a big way entering the cerb community as a new member offering to squash everyones doubts and concerns as they arrised was simply told to give up because of a few select opinions. I'm sorry but to thr lady who offered to help and than gave her opinion to shut it down, you as a new member for some reason your advice is being given more credibility than taloon?

I just feel Ir people weren't comfortable in the event don't go and don't try to ruin it for everyone else. What started out as an event that was supposed to be a fun, event for mature adults of cerb turned into something that had way too much drama from people who should've just said they didn't want to go if they had an issue.

Anyways yall can come over to my island and have a nice lil shin dig but only good times and good spirits please ;)

Xoxoxoxo

Aubrey

• Like 1

Well that was quite a Thesis ..... Traveler196 ..but.... FAIL !

Class .... you can find that word in Wikepedia or Webster's Dictionary if you actually want to know what that word means :icon_rolleyes:

For the rest of ya Cerbies......Cheers !!! :chug:

I hope the social works out for all of you out east and disregard the sticks in the mud !!!

• Like 3

For those who might think otherwise, CERB has never ever been affiliated with any socials that have been held (to my knowledge, only so far in Ottawa).

That is why when I helped host them, I always posted not to bother MOD about anything related (before or after) the social.

If it's going to be a major thorn in people's side, the MOD may very well not allow us to advertise these types of events in the future which would be very sad.

But if people are going to hurl insults and instill fear mongering which I believe was part of what went wrong with this one, I wouldn't blame him. And that is coming from someone who has co-hosted 6 of them.

I suggest if some folks still want to get together, then do so in a public place of your choosing (do not publish it openly on the board though). People can show up if they want to, or not. Period.

It is with disappointment that I read of the cancellation of the social in June in Halifax. I have been following the conversation here on this thread from its inception and recognized the insecurities that were being expressed.

Rightly and correctly, every person involved has to be aware of and have respect for discretion, confidentiality and personal comfort levels not only for themselves but for others. With the idea of a social being 'new' to the Maritime area those things appear to have caused concern and worry. Were these concerns justified? I do not know. I DO know that I had intended to go and that I was looking forward to meeting fellow Cerb members in a pleasant and purely social context.

I have been busy and travelling for the past number of weeks and when I get home and think a bit, then perhaps I may suggest an alternative for June or for at some point in the early fall.

For the moment however I will take all of this at face value and as I tend to do to I will look at the upsides. It is quite clear that there is interest in the idea and in most cases where there is a will there is a way. Therefore I am anticipating that this will happen in one form or another in the near future and in a very simple form.

I want to thank Taloon for his valient attempt at trying to bring this idea to fruition, and I hope that the experience has not dampened his enthusiasm for being a contributing member of this amazing community.

At the moment if my 'ticket' money can be used to offset expenses already committed to then please use it for that. If that is not necessary or required then Taloon please donate it to a women's shelter in Halifax.

For the moment then, looking to a social in the not too distant future.

• Like 4

I don't know where on this thread you read anything regarding any lady that was worried about "competition" I can only speak for myself but feom what I seen the ladies that were attending were eager to meet with everyone including the other women since we usually only get to meet one side of the business

And regarding your comment about biting the hand that feeds you? I think this saying could easily be flipped around and used on you because just because you pay us for a service you are the one that came looking for it. And for you to compare a whole region of women to a few ladies that you prefer in upper Canada just goes to show that you didn't properly research your chosen SP before you decided to book with her. Every lady is different and has their own way of doing business and as usual ymmv. I find it funny when men make insults towards the woman making claims that there was fault on our end. But most of the time the behavior and experience the men have shown us can be a major deciding factor on how we continue with the meeting

Anyways its obvious that some people and their one sided opinions can ruin it for all

I think taloon should continue with the planning and I am offering my help and servicea if needed

Additional Comments: