Stolen Text

It's funny, the clients I do see are regulars, they do come back!

I also have one timers, as they are trying to find fit for them.

Not every sp is going to suit one man's taste, therefore YMMV, but clients that have talked to me, been with me, say that my ads and site reflect who I am, that is why I they come back, and also to find out what else I can provide for them, as each time I am with them something new gets discovered, not the same old boring stuff that SO's provide

I represent myself at all times, that is what people experience with me, I conduct myself the same way outside of this business

So what you're saying is that you are okay with what has been written because your clients give you feedback that your ads and site reflect who you are. Even though that text was obviously tweaked from someone else?

What you have done and the subsequent denial and lack of accountability about it also reflects who you are.

I'd more more worried that now, chica! Good luck to you.

Check it out:

I have copied the link to the Cowboy's diary for comparison in case you didn't know what we're referring to which has nothing to do with fonts or alignment:

http://www.cowboysdiary.info/wordpress/wp-content//stolentext.gif

• Like 1

The 'thief' that you mention here, I wrote an ad similar in STYLE to the OP. I had no idea in January that she had ad an in another province from a year prior, that used the same style.

That style was using the 'centering' alignment. I changed my ad to reflect her concerns.

Since that time, I have seen Countless ads using the 'centering' alignment, I wonder if they go through the same grief I do?

I do respect the information on your diary, I find it is an amazing site with lots of info on there with regards false ads and pictures that are not of the girl in the ad.

My ads contain my pics, and my thought. Those that come to see me, they find exactly who they replied to.

As for the phrase , 'done this before on this very site'? I ran an ad in January 2012,without looking at every other ad that had ever been written on here, so my using a layout that someone else might use,the chances of that happening on here are quite high!I also rectified that situation immediately, so as not to cause any grief.

None of us sp's have the right to say that you cannot use a certain layout in our ads, we only have available to use what the site permits on the task bar.

I can't tell sp xx that she cant do an ad in a way the sp yy hAS as its too similar in layout!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic non-denial denial. If you pay attention to politics, you'll see them all the time.

Note the lack of engagement with the accusation actually made (that of plagiarizing the text of someone else's website). Instead we have a lot of hand-wringing about formatting (irrelevant) and some talk of other people using fake pics, and a statement that all her pics are genuine (also irrelevant). But there's no effort made to deny having copied, wholesale, a snapshot into someone else's personality. I expect to see this sort of thing from the weasels on Parliament Hill; it disappoints me to see it here.

It now only remains for us to get a 'mistakes were made' post, and launch a public inquiry that will take years to report before sweeping everything under the carpet and doing nothing because all the players in the drama are long-since retired.

Something else to add: the theft of a glimpse into someone's personality is far more devious and insidious than the theft of someone else's pics. After all, the latter is fairly easy to catch; tools like tineye will reveal the original source of the pics and the theft will be obvious to anyone showing up to see the fraudster. But stealing someone's personality... that's far harder to spot. And, to me, far more personal and intimate.

Finally: big tip o' the hat to WIT for catching it, and to CK for putting the evidence up there for all to see.

Edited by Phaedrus
Grammar
  • Like 5

I know that no additional proof needs to be presented to show what happened here BUT I would like to say that a lady from CERB helped me out last night and took a screen shot of the actual BIO page text before any changes were made.

http://freepdfhosting.com/d2c0292e9e.pdf

Victoria, I sincerely hope you have learned something from this unfortunate situation.

Best wishes to you.

Additional Comments:

CK, you forgot to include in your comparison text that the other lady and I have the same exact interests in the same order...

Sorry Cerbies but I just couldn't resist that one! ;)

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
oupps... correcting wishing for wishes
  • Like 2

I received your request this morning, and DID comply to your request to change it, what people have Failed to do, is read the revamped bio page as of 8:30am EST.

I do expect that you would drop this conversation now, as I did comply to your requests.

All these comments are doing, is bumping up the thread.

I know that no additional proof needs to be presented to show what happened here BUT I would like to say that a lady from CERB helped me out last night and took a screen shot of the actual BIO page text before any changes were made.

http://freepdfhosting.com/d2c0292e9e.pdf

Victoria, I sincerely hope you have learned something from this unfortunate situation.

Best wishing to you.

Additional Comments:

CK, you forgot to include in your comparison text that the other lady and I have the same exact interests in the same order...

Sorry Cerbies but I just couldn't resist that one! ;)

Like it or not Victoria, this is a public forum and people will respond to whichever threads spark their interest.

I'm quite astonished that you feel the need to continue to comment without addressing the ELEPHANT in the room.

Kimberly

I received your request this morning, and DID comply to your request to change it, what people have Failed to do, is read the revamped bio page as of 8:30am EST. I do expect that you would drop this conversation now, as I did comply to your requests. All these comments are doing, is bumping up the thread.

The word "sorry" has only 5 letters, come on Victoria, I know you can do it if you try hard enough!

Let try:

Sssss ooooooooo, no sooooooo, rrrrr rrrr, yyyyyyyy.

Practice first, repeat if necessary, you'll get it!

In fact write it on the blackboard 500 times and it will come natural after that :)

I received your request this morning, and DID comply to your request to change it, what people have Failed to do, is read the revamped bio page as of 8:30am EST.

I do expect that you would drop this conversation now, as I did comply to your requests.

All these comments are doing, is bumping up the thread.

What you are failing to understand and what I have already explained to you in our section:

In my books, you haven't resolved anything as anyone who looks at my website and then looks at yours (or vice versa) can see that only a very few words are different. I have worked very hard to build my reputation (and maintain it) and I do not need someone like you to cast doubt over the kind of business I operate.

Additional Comments:

Perhaps you should read the entire thread and see how people feel about plagiarism. It might help you and give you a new perspective and hopefully, you will choose a different path in the future!

Please, work with me and let's resolve this problem. I gave you a few options in our section and it is now up to you to make it right.

Like I also stated: I hate drama but I have NO problem standing up for myself and for what is right!

OK, checking out ;) It's enough!

The word "sorry" has only 5 letters, come on Victoria, I know you can do it if you try hard enough!

Let try:

Sssss ooooooooo, no sooooooo, rrrrr rrrr, yyyyyyyy.

Practice first, repeat if necessary, you'll get it!

In fact write it on the blackboard 500 times and it will come natural after that :smile:

In order for her to say sorry she would have to wait for someone else to type the word so that she could steal it. LMAO !!

Actually it was much later than that,you only started to edit your page when things started to blow up here in an attempt to cover your tracks. The screen shot used to compare the two pages was taken at 1:20 this afternoon.

secretsofvictoriascreenshot.gif

I suggest you stop while you're ahead, if you can call it that. The more false claims you make and attempt to address the real issue at hand the more times the thread is bumped and you are exposed....

BTW, your page is now full of broken sentences, and grammatical errors from deleting all the stolen content you might want to get that fixed....

• Like 2

The issue was address at 8:30am, AST

Violation of the rules on this site are not taken lightly by the MOD, and name calling is not allowed, neither is liable statements, defamation of character nor fighting or arguing on this site.

This matter HAS been dealt with, as per the OP's original request this morning, and was changed at 8:30am, AST this morning.

We all conduct a similar business and I uphold my standards to the highest level of quality and standards, and I will not and do not admit to plagarism, yes there were similarities and I DID comply to the OP's requests but the OP has continualy bombarded the system, with the help of others,in these slanderous posts.

Like it or not Victoria, this is a public forum and people will respond to whichever threads spark their interest.

I'm quite astonished that you feel the need to continue to comment without addressing the ELEPHANT in the room.

Kimberly

In order for her to say sorry she would have to wait for someone else to type the word so that she could steal it. LMAO !!

Actually it was much later than that,you only started to edit your page when things started to blow up here in an attempt to cover your tracks. The screen shot used to compare the two pages was taken at 1:20 this afternoon.

secretsofvictoriascreenshot.gif

I suggest you stop while you're ahead, if you can call it that. The more false claims you make and attempt to address the real issue at hand the more times the thread is bumped and you are exposed....

BTW, your page is now full of broken sentences, and grammatical errors from deleting all the stolen content you might want to get that fixed....

Victoria, sometimes we screw up....and when we do it is wisest to just come to terms with it! I know I have at least one "apology" thread out there, lol....

Just learn from it, never, ever do anything like it again, and allow your own true self rise above:) my advice from experience in "screwing up" lol...

• Like 9

The issue was address at 8:30am, AST

Violation of the rules on this site are not taken lightly by the MOD, and name calling is not allowed, neither is liable statements, defamation of character nor fighting or arguing on this site.

This matter HAS been dealt with, as per the OP's original request this morning, and was changed at 8:30am, AST this morning.

We all conduct a similar business and I uphold my standards to the highest level of quality and standards, and I will not and do not admit to plagarism, yes there were similarities and I DID comply to the OP's requests but the OP has continualy bombarded the system, with the help of others,in these slanderous posts.

Was it AST or EST, get your story straight. Not that it makes a difference at 1:04 EST I posted this

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=341874&postcount=9

What amazes me is that the thief has disabled cut and copy functionality on their site to prevent THEFT!!!!!

and at 1:20 EST I grabbed the screen shot.

Victoria stop pointing fingers at everyone else and telling us what we've failed to do, What you've failed to do is recognize the gravity of your actions and the impact it has not only to your business, but to this close knit community.

We ALL make mistakes, every now and then, the biggest mistake of all is not admitting you've made a mistake when you know that you have.

ALL of this could have been avoided had you simply apologized and done the right thing. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Atlantic Standard Time, forgive my not changing over from EST, which I was so used to for years.

Fact here is, I complied with the request, go back and read my bio page, it was changed!

Was it AST or EST, get your story straight. Not that it makes a difference at 1:04 EST I posted this

Victoria stop pointing fingers at everyone else and telling us what we've failed to do, What you've failed to do is recognize the gravity of your actions and the impact it has not only to your business, but to this close knit community.

ALL of this could have been avoided had you simply apologized and done the right thing. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

I hope what you say (in this instance) is true. I only see one person on this thread "arguing", everyone else seems in complete and total agreement.

• Like 3

Since I complied with the OP, have I not done the right thing by complying to the OP's request?

The page is changed, it will always be in a state of flux, as changes occur in my weight/hair color/status, etc.

Anyone that would care to take a look at the bio page now, is more than welcome to do so.

I just looked at it again, And as for the remark that it is full of incomplete sentences and broken links I think was the phrase, l do not see that.

There is only one link on my website, it is to CERB and it is NOT on my bio page, never has been, never will be.

I have not once pointed a finger at anyone in these posts nor have I laid blame to anyone on the posts either.

Get your story straight

We ALL make mistakes, every now and then, the biggest mistake of all is not admitting you've made a mistake when you know that you have.

Additional Comments:

I am not arguing with anyone, at all, merely putting in my side of this as rebuttle.

I hope what you say (in this instance) is true. I only see one person on this thread "arguing", everyone else seems in complete and total agreement.

This thread is closed, it has run it's natural course and the community of cerb has spoken and made it's voice clear on where it stands on this issue.

The matter has been brought to council where they will decide on the final outcome of this situation. However I think it's clear what the majority of the people here think including myself.

Meanwhile, it is strongly suggested that many who flagged and reported this thread look up the definitions of Slander, Defamation and finally, Plagiarism.

• Like 7