That awkward moment when....

Your at the gym with your wife, and your favourite SP see's you and jumps on the equipment beside you and starts up a conversation, and now your between this super hot woman whos chatting you up like best friends (she is awesome BTW) and the cold prune wife.

Wow, very scary. I always ask my clients to ignore me at the gym because this infringes on my personal time. It sounds like you dealt with the situation well, tho.

Usually, it's a given that you shouldn't approach an SP or a client in public. You never know who they're with, and the end result could spell disaster all around!

Edited by drlove
  • Like 3

This kinda knocked me for a loop. I would never imagine approaching one of my guests in public; anywhere in public. As a matter of fact, I saw a lady on the market this weekend and since I have never met her personally, I did not approach her! Discretion, my friends, must go both ways!

Guest S**a*Q

WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT???

So not cool.

Not awkward from her side, just plain STUPID.

And then she leaves and your wife says...

"So who's that?"

The SP in question needs to give her head a shake.

Not cool and totally inappropriate !! At this particular moment she was only beautiful on the outside !

Might have been a good time to reach over and speed up her treadmill so she shoots off the back ;) ... Always wanted to do that...haha

• Like 4

Definitely not cool:

Lessons to be learned: a). Don't go to the gym and b) if must go to gym, don't go with SO!!

Porthos

• Like 2

With the exception of my two closest friends, I normally get along better with the fairer sex. If one bumped into me and struck up a conversation, it wouldn't concern me (and I'm single), but I can see how it would for the OP and a bunch of members of this forum.

I'm glad this thread came up though, this goes both ways I'd imagine.

Most definitely, it goes both way. It's not uncommon to come across someone you've met especially in small Ottawa. Your SO may have paid little attention in your conversation in the gym. Consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Leber

Echoing everyone else's thoughts here, it was indiscrete and inappropriate.

Both lady and gentleman should not contact each other in public unless it is part of an encounter.

Now I'm single, so no concern about an SO, but I could be with family, or friends...mind you if with my friends I think they would be pretty impressed with my good taste in women, and that the ladies still would like to talk to me LOL

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Sorry, but I would just have to answer the first words she said to me with:

Yo no hablo Inglés!

Unless she is totally dense, she should be pretty quick on the uptake. I did run into an SP once when I was alone and she "appeared" to be also, in a grocery store in Ottawa, but how could I be sure someone wasn't with her and going to come around the corner at any moment? So we passed each other like strangers.

On another occasion I was in a restaurant with friends and she passed by my table with only a slight knowing smile that no one could be sure of just as expected. Of course at the same restaurant on the same day, my Doctor had no such discretion.

The only way I'm going to speak with an SP in public is when I am meeting her for lunch on purpose which is pretty much what I'm going to do with any SP I haven't met before (when practical).

I think being discreet is part of the deal, and should work both ways!

• Like 1

To me the key word is discretion. It's a fondamental condition of this hobby and in this business.

We all have a life beside this hobby: a professional life, a personal life, all with relationships that we dont want to be mixed with this activity. And that's true also for the SPs and MAs.

Yes. That is totally scary. Especially with a SO around. I'm sorry you had to go through that, that is unfortunate.

I personally would do the acknowledging nod (that nobody would see) and maybe hop onto another machine for 5 minutes, and gracefully exit to return another time. I'm sure my client at this point would be having a slight heart attack, so I will save him the nerves and leave ASAP.

I'm very good at making myself invisible because I've seen clients around town and they never recognize me. Most often I am dressed down with sunglassses on. But in any case, when I notice someone I've spent time with, I usually just go the other way. I don't want to approached and I'm sure they feel the same way.

Keep it real; relationships with sp's begin and end at the doorway to her home/hotel etc.

XO

• Like 1

Keep it real; relationships with sp's begin and end at the doorway to her home/hotel etc.

XO

I can't quite agree with that. I really value my relationships with my "professional" friends and our "relationship" grows with each successive visit.

That said, I never ever would invade their private life in any way and I expect the same in return. The lines of demarcation are very clear to me and I know I shall never have anything to do with them outside of this "professional" friendship (and expect the same in return) but it still is very much a friendship and doesn't end at the doorway. In fact it just gets better every time I visit one of my friends and they become more familiar with me and me with them.

Familiarity, trust, understanding, acceptance, friendship, it's all there... that stays there when I leave but it doesn't "end" there but contact outside of this "professional" relationship is unwelcome in both directions and that's a huge plus, not a minus.

• Like 1

The awkward moment when you drop your child off at a birthday party and the parents answer the door together..That's when you notice something familiar about the father...After he fumble's his words about how I look familiar and we must have met at the book fair at school...sigh's 'head slowly shaking'

If only what happens in fantasy land could stay in fantasy land, like Vegas.

Back in my major travelling days, I remember seeing an incrediable SP in Montreal. She gave me the standard "I doing this to pay for university" story, which was possible since she was pretty damn smart. Every time I went to Montreal I tried to set up an appointments with her. She not only was a great SP but also a incredibable person. More than once because of our conflicting schedules all we could do was meet for a drink or a coffee and have a quick visit. Needless, to say, I was not a happy camper when I was assigned more western clients.

I did know that she was originally from New Brunswick but I couldn't believe my eyes when the client I was working for in Moncton invited me to his cottage on the Acadian coast and there on his deck I saw my Montreal SP. She also seem a little surprised but she played it very cool and quickly marched up to me and shook my hand. It was very weird knowing that I had been regularly fucking one of my companies biggest client's daughter.

Unfortunately, she stopped being and SP when she finished her degree. I do see her once in a blue moon when I am out east but always in social situations with her dad (BBQs at the cottage, breakfast meeting at a diner, etc).

• Like 1

For this is all not a big deal to be honest. I'm single and the majority of my family are on the other side of the planet. I've had it happen many times while out that I've run in to a lady I know. It's not a big deal to me and would not shock any of my friends if a young attractive woman started talking to me. Though I do agree, discretion is very important. You never know who that person might be with, and situation could turn awkward quickly.

i remember it was around Christmas time and i was out Christmas shopping and i had walked into a makeup store, and as i had walked in i had seen someone that i had spent some time with!!

Now once i realized it was them i had started to turn down a different isle, but none the less the said person actually followed me and came down the same isle and i hadn't noticed so i stopped to look at something and they had come up beside me and started a conversation! Now i didn't want to be rude so i chatted for 2 or 3 minutes then stated that i had a lot to do and must run, said goodbye and walked out of the store!!

Once that was done my MOTHER (who was with me the whole time) had said "who was that?", my heart started beating and i had to say that it was an old friend of mine that i had met at a meeting!! Cheeks flushed red and so embarrassed and confused on what to tell her. He was a older man as well so it was very hard to come up with a reason on how i knew him!!! What a heart throbber and hands shaking experience!!! :(

• Like 3

At best, a very discrete nod or wink would of sufficed. So as not to draw any unwanted attention. Discretion is very important for many a provider and hobbyist.

Discretion is a two way street. Even if someone appears to be alone, their SO or family member or friend could be steps behind, so to me there should never be contact when in public. I must also agree that to approach an SP outside of their "working location" is also taboo. A slight smile as you walk by or a nod is simple enough. It happens all the time when I make eye contact with a stranger in an elevator or shopping mall.