Halifax Revisited - Meet and Greet

I am picking this up from where Taloon felt that he had to leave off and I hope that this will work out for all.

On June 22nd in downtown Halifax there will be a meet and greet or informal social. It will be held in a public location where we will be able to grab a bite to eat or have a drink.

For this first ever gathering lets keep it simple and straightforward. I do hope that there will be a roughly equal mix of both men and women.

I do not want to put any restrictions on this other than the obvious. Although this is not in any way a Cerb sponsored get together, please keep the following points in mind.

* I would like to restrict it to Cerb members who are in good standing on the board.

*We all know the underlying purpose of Cerb, however, as this will be in a public location I ask that there be no solicitation in any way by anyone, male or female. I would like us to be seen by the innocent bystander as simply a group of friends getting together for a few hours at a nice place at the end of the workweek.

* No dress code stipulated other than that which suits the surroundings and suits the way that we wish to appear as a group of friends or co-workers.

I am going to say 6 PM as a start time, and it can go as long or as short as anyone wishes to stay.

For those who wish to attend you can notify me by PM. A day or two prior to the gathering I shall let you know the location.

Any other tiny details can be worked out, but if you are able to stop in and meet some new or old friends in this context, then please let me know.

Let all pitch in and do what we need to do !

This is really the best way to start. I was talking to a few people in Ottawa and they started just like this. This will be low pressure, just a few friends getting together for a drink.

If we decide door prizes are in order I galdly donate a GFE massage to be redeemed down the road.

There a saying out there something to the effect "when a door gets shut behind a window often opens" for a new opportunity. I look forward to meeting one and all and am only a PM away as well if a lending hand is needed.

• Like 1

I posted this in the other Halifax social thread and wanted to repost it here for those who don't go back to that thread.

I think I owe everyone an apology on here. After getting messages from several members and subsequently rereading my post regarding the local ladies, I think I came off as very harsh. I was disappointed the party was cancelled and took it out on all of you. I apologize to each of you and must say that I was not suggesting that the ladies are all low tier in Halifax. In retrospect, there are good and bad in Toronto and there are good and bad here. We certainly have some stellar ladies here in Halifax; I think I mentioned Penelope, who has always been great to me and I would also like to mention Lexy Grace, who I have not met up with yet but has always been prompt and very friendly when I have been in contact with her. Also another lady who shall remain nameless sent me a pm after my tirade. She could have been very cutting and I probably deserved that, but she was very tactful and just gave me her opinion of what I had said. We indeed do have many great companions here in Halifax.

Again, I am sorry for not thinking before I spoke and hope you all will forgive me. I hope to make it out to the get together now planned and hope to meet several of you there.

Cheers for now

trav

• Like 1

I am going to try to live up to my chosen name on Cerb and respond this way. We have all at times clicked on that SUBMIT button too quickly without really thinking of what we said or how it would impact on the community.

I tend to look on the good side of things because I have made mistakes that were forgiven, glory be to the Gods for that!

So, my purpose in starting this whole thing on a new thread was to get a fresh start on a Halifax get together, a new positive start and lets keep it going that way.

Thanks Traveller for your words and now lets see how much interest there will be in a meet and greet in Halifax!

Lets start a new Maritime tradition and bring some of them there Upper Canadians on board with where things are happening - Halifax on June 22nd.

I posted this in the other Halifax social thread and wanted to repost it here for those who don't go back to that thread.

I think I owe everyone an apology on here. After getting messages from several members and subsequently rereading my post regarding the local ladies, I think I came off as very harsh. I was disappointed the party was cancelled and took it out on all of you. I apologize to each of you and must say that I was not suggesting that the ladies are all low tier in Halifax. In retrospect, there are good and bad in Toronto and there are good and bad here. We certainly have some stellar ladies here in Halifax; I think I mentioned Penelope, who has always been great to me and I would also like to mention Lexy Grace, who I have not met up with yet but has always been prompt and very friendly when I have been in contact with her. Also another lady who shall remain nameless sent me a pm after my tirade. She could have been very cutting and I probably deserved that, but she was very tactful and just gave me her opinion of what I had said. We indeed do have many great companions here in Halifax.

Again, I am sorry for not thinking before I spoke and hope you all will forgive me. I hope to make it out to the get together now planned and hope to meet several of you there.

Cheers for now

trav

Edited by mrrnice2

I would like to confirm my spot. :p I hope everyone that shows up has an excellent evening and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Also I hope that Taloon shows up as I personally would enjoy meeting the man who put in so much effort to pull this together

Also to Mr nice thank you for organizing somethin that many wanted

Xoxoxoxo

Aubrey

• Like 2

traveler196 buys the first round.....penance, sorta thing. Lol!!!!

Looking forward to meeting ya'll. Starting small is not a bad thing at all. If it would help, I'd consider donating an hour of my personal time as a door prize to attract more participation from the female persuasion.

Sigh.........didn't help, did it?

Dang......it would have been much more impressive if aubreyxxx had replied AFTER my post.

• Like 2

I have to say that I am so happy that we are all finally going to get together, yes in Halifax but I do hope many from away come just to meet and anyone who is here on tour. This is fabulous news and I can't wait!!

All My Love,

Lexy

I've followed the Cercial threads and it sounds fun.

Can't say for sure if I'll be attending or not, but for the

hell of it, I'd like to say that I'm quite fond of the rooftop

patio at Your Father's Moustache; I'm quite fond of the

waitresses as well! :-)

Or, a part of me thinks that the dingiest of dives would be

so cool.

Or, descending on some small seaside village on the South Shore and

occupying a waterfront patio bar.

Hmmmm.

I am not sure yet if I can be there as I do plan to have a trip out east at some point this summer but I'd be happy to give Boomer (he's offered) some of my movies/magazines as a door prize if you'd like.

Edited by Carrie Moon
  • Like 2

Hi to all my lady friends. I'm wondering how many of you are planning on attending the meet and greet? I believe it is going to be small and itimate so lets all come out for a drink and a story. This is a great opportunity for us to finally see each other in person. :):):)

• Like 1

All right - it's official! I have the opportunity to catch a ride with another Ottawa cerbite, so I will be attending the social.

It will be nice to be a guest for once (and not one of the organizers).

Hee haw!

• Like 2

Hello all. I am bringing the upcoming Meet and Greet in Halifax back to your attention. I have had more inquiries in the last couple of days and that is great to see.

The location will be sent a day or two prior to the event to those who have confirmed with me by PM.

It will be in downtown Halifax at a public location where we will be able to grab a bite to eat or have a drink. Hopefully the gents will help out the ladies with this. We will not have a private room but I shall be reserving a number of tables together in one section, and therefore it is rather important that I get a pretty good idea of numbers very soon.

If you wish to attend, would you please PM me personally. I have seen interest on the thread but need to have that personal contact in order to include you in our numbers.

If you have sent me a PM and I did not reply, then would you please do so again. I believe that I am up to date on all of my replies but would not want to have missed someone by mistake.

Please note again the information below. I want this to be a fun, classy, social gathering and for it to be for all of us a chance to put a face and personality to the names that we see posted here on the ads and threads.

I do not want to put any restrictions on this other than the obvious. Although this is not in any way a Cerb sponsored get together, please keep the following points in mind.

* I would like to restrict it to Cerb members who are in good standing on the board.

*We all know the underlying purpose of Cerb, however, as this will be in a public location I ask that there be no solicitation in any way by anyone, male or female. I would like us to be seen by the innocent bystander as simply a group of friends getting together for a few hours at a nice place at the end of the workweek.

* No dress code stipulated other than that which suits the surroundings and suits the way that we wish to appear as a group of friends or co-workers.

So, if you might be able to join us, be sure to send me a PM. Thanks to Katherine for her help "on the ground" in Halifax. This would have been impossible for me to do alone from my home in PEI.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones on the 22nd.

MN2

Geeeeeez.... I soooo wish I could make this one, I absolutely love my East Coasters!!!!

Unfortunately I am heading west the week before to wave half of my child support payments goodbye... MY KID FINALLY GRADUATED FROM UNIVERSITY!!!!!

You make darn sure there are more of these down east... I would love to take a road trip to spend time with all of you!!!

• Like 6

We all recall that famous line from Jaws, right? Well, those of us old enough do. "I think we need a bigger boat."

The 2012 version may be, " I think we need a bigger room."

Having some very good response to the Meet and Greet from men and women alike. People coming from all over!

Now, if we can get Lee Richards to finally schedule his trip East then we will have it complete. No wait, I'll trade a Lee Richards for a Gabriella, or Emily, or Penelope, or VJ, or, or, or.......

Don't forget to PM me about attendance to get on the mailing list. Three weeks till we meet new and old friends.

We all recall that famous line from Jaws, right? Well, those of us old enough do. "I think we need a bigger boat."

The 2012 version may be, " I think we need a bigger room."

Having some very good response to the Meet and Greet from men and women alike. People coming from all over!

Now, if we can get Lee Richards to finally schedule his trip East then we will have it complete. No wait, I'll trade a Lee Richards for a Gabriella, or Emily, or Penelope, or VJ, or, or, or.......

Don't forget to PM me about attendance to get on the mailing list. Three weeks till we meet new and old friends.

te

Love, Love, Love all the ladies but I"m casting a spell for Lee Richards. He better be good or I may change him into a toad. :biggrin:

Three weeks from tomorrow in Halifax! I have received a number more inquiries in the last 24 hours so I am very confident that this will be a nice evening with at least a small gathering of people and it is going to very nice to be able to put a face and personality to the people whose names we see on line so often.

There have been a few door prizes donated as well so there will be a draw that evening. I will have a bottle of wine from a PEI vinyard to contribute.

If you would like to attend then please do PM me hopefully sooner rather than later as that will assist me in making final arrangements.

If I could select two words to describe what I hope for they would be classy and comfortable.

Now I just have to get out rid of my wheelchair and crutches which I had to go to today so that I might be able to ask a beautiful lady to dance.

Three weeks from tomorrow in Halifax! I have received a number more inquiries in the last 24 hours so I am very confident that this will be a nice evening with at least a small gathering of people and it is going to very nice to be able to put a face and personality to the people whose names we see on line so often.

There have been a few door prizes donated as well so there will be a draw that evening. I will have a bottle of wine from a PEI vinyard to contribute.

If you would like to attend then please do PM me hopefully sooner rather than later as that will assist me in making final arrangements.

If I could select two words to describe what I hope for they would be classy and comfortable.

Now I just have to get out rid of my wheelchair and crutches which I had to go to today so that I might be able to ask a beautiful lady to dance.

You don't have to be free of your wheelchair to dance, don't you watch Glee? Ardie has lots of hot women at his bec and call and I am sure it will be the same for you, chair, crutches or wings!!

• Like 1