Guest W***ledi*Time

Ottawa members are the heart of CERB, so it is no surprise to see that virtually anyone with enough rep points to speak of is either based in Ottawa, or is a provider who tours to Ottawa. Hats off to our Nation's Capital!

But spare a moment to contemplate the sad (wink-wink) fate of the rest of Canada:

Mod has indicated (as of yesterday, I know it's all a work in progress) that under the new system only members with a rep of 25 or higher have enough weight to actually give points to someone else. Other than the core of Ottawa-based members, there are only a few ladies from the rest of the country (almost all of whom tour to Ottawa) that have reached this threshhold of 25 points. (No hobbiests.)

So, with those few exceptions, no-one outside of Ottawa has a high (25+) rep now ... and they cannot get rep points from anyone else outside of Ottawa, because no-one else outside of Ottawa has a high enough rep either, to have enough weight to give them any. Catch-22!

So the members from the rest of the country seem to be out of luck in the rep-points game -- unless they get some points from Ottawa members, either directly, or by trickle-down through the Ladies who have toured to Ottawa and tapped into the rep-point motherlode that way.

("Trickle-down from the Ladies" ... Mmmmmm.)

So, mischievously having appointed myself the devil's-advocate for the poor regions of Canada, I come humbly, hat-in-hand (and tongue firmly in cheek), to Ottawa, asking, "Brother, can you spare a few rep points"?

(Ha ha ha ... all in the spirit of good clean fun! We really do love you Ottawa!)

Wrinkled

Ottawa members are the heart of CERB, so it is no surprise to see that virtually anyone with enough rep points to speak of is either based in Ottawa, or is a provider who tours to Ottawa. Hats off to our Nation's Capital!

But spare a moment to contemplate the sad (wink-wink) fate of the rest of Canada:

Mod has indicated (as of yesterday, I know it's all a work in progress) that under the new system only members with a rep of 25 or higher have enough weight to actually give points to someone else. Other than the core of Ottawa-based members, there are only a few ladies from the rest of the country (almost all of whom tour to Ottawa) that have reached this threshhold of 25 points. (No hobbiests.)

So, with those few exceptions, no-one outside of Ottawa has a high (25+) rep now ... and they cannot get rep points from anyone else outside of Ottawa, because no-one else outside of Ottawa has a high enough rep either, to have enough weight to give them any. Catch-22!

So the members from the rest of the country seem to be out of luck in the rep-points game -- unless they get some points from Ottawa members, either directly, or by trickle-down through the Ladies who have toured to Ottawa and tapped into the rep-point motherlode that way.

("Trickle-down from the Ladies" ... Mmmmmm.)

So, mischievously having appointed myself the devil's-advocate for the poor regions of Canada, I come humbly, hat-in-hand (and tongue firmly in cheek), to Ottawa, asking, "Brother, can you spare a few rep points"?

(Ha ha ha ... all in the spirit of good clean fun! We really do love you Ottawa!)

Wrinkled

i feel its fair to share the points with a fellow maritimer...lol..now you better be good so i won't have to take them back...kisses

To follow what cumquat is saying this is the general area for all of Canada, I read this section and will definitely add to the rep of any member that has a good comment. I don't know 90% of the time were people are from.

i give the points to the post that i feel are good and can benefit someone from it glad i don't know who all the memebers are maybe it's someone i know and i wouldn't want to know that could be my nieghbour and you don't want to know her lol

Doesn't matter where your from to participate. I have no idea which part of the country people are from unless i have met them or they seem to post more in one area then the other..but its fun just getting to know others.

kisses,

Emma A

• Like 1

Doesn't matter where your from to participate. I have no idea which part of the country people are from unless i have met them or they seem to post more in one area then the other..but its fun just getting to know others.

kisses,

Emma A

and this is not a contest and like your going to win the grand prize so who really cares about the points but i know some do (lol)

and this is not a contest and like your going to win the grand prize so who really cares about the points but i know some do (lol)

i'm not getting a jag if i win....DAMN

Guest W***ledi*Time
i feel its fair to share the points with a fellow maritimer...lol..now you better be good so i won't have to take them back...

Emma, you are such a softie. Thank-you. Just to be doubly-clear, I wasn't fishing for myself. I was playing the devil's advocate on behalf of all the members in "the rest of Canada".

But for now I am suddenly feeling the definite stirrings of a lust for raw power. Only a few notches away from the level of being able to give away a rep point myself ... mwa ha ha! (Oops, maybe it'd really be best for you to reclaim your points right now, before I run amok.)

Cheers, Wrinkled

Guest W***ledi*Time
I give points to people all over canada, I give points based on good threads and good recommendations, it's not based on where they are located

To follow what cumquat is saying this is the general area for all of Canada, I read this section and will definitely add to the rep of any member that has a good comment. I don't know 90% of the time were people are from.

i give the points to the post that i feel are good and can benefit someone from it glad i don't know who all the memebers are

Doesn't matter where your from to participate.

I do not dream of impling that Ottawa members are parochial in any way -- quite the opposite, in fact! The "We really do love you Ottawa" part in my previous post was dead serious. Without you Ottawa Cerbites, this board would be but the palest of a shadow of what you have actually made of it. The rest of Canada (taken as a whole) lags waaaay behind Ottawa in making a proportionally matching contribution to the CERB community. As a result of this lagging, it is rightly the Ottawa members who are (among many other things) the members who have, to date, accumulated the heft to give out rep points.

This is why the math right now requires that pretty much all points originate from Ottawa: nobody else has earned the level to give any. (For example, we in the Atlantic Region could endorse each other's posts til the cows come home in our "local" forums, but that wouldn't increase anyone's rep points.)

This mathematical reality is no one's fault (and least of all the Ottawa members!). It's just the way the system works, and this last is what my tongue-in-cheek was getting at. Call it "fun with math", if you will.

And ... did I mention "Ottawa members are the heart of CERB"?

Cheers, Wrinkled

I have figured somethings out and some not. Well I have been sent positive rep points each day with positive comments but some have disappeared and so did the comments. Out of all who gave me points 3 people who sent them their names, points and comments are now gone and one person sent me 3 times and 2 of his comments and points are gone. So even though people are sending me rep points and comments they are disappearing. I know why one was because everyone he sent to was taken back, lol but the other 2 I am not sure why they disappeared.

I still don?t understand if you give points do you lose points?

• Like 2

I have figured somethings out and some not. Well I have been sent positive rep points each day with positive comments but some have disappeared and so did the comments. Out of all who gave me points 3 people who sent them their names, points and comments are now gone and one person sent me 3 times and 2 of his comments and points are gone. So even though people are sending me rep points and comments they are disappearing. I know why one was because everyone he sent to was taken back, lol but the other 2 I am not sure why they disappeared.

I still don?t understand if you give points do you lose points?

If you give points you should not loose any points. Brandy

• Like 1

I must admit I'm still confused by all this virtual "reputation" stuff especially with all the shenanigans going on with actual reputations at stake. But I don't get it, the other day I had a good number of points and was a trusted member with quite a few green bars, today I notice I'm no longer "trusted" and only have 4 bars, I don't see where points have been removed in the user CP , just curious as to where they went.

I think I'm fairly well trusted here and don't need bars beside my name I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole thing.

It's funny how possessive and attached we can get to something that's given to us then taken away even though it's not tangible and has no cash value.

• Like 3

I But I don't get it, the other day I had a good number of points and was a trusted member with quite a few green bars, today I notice I'm no longer "trusted" and only have 4 bars, I don't see where points have been removed in the user CP , just curious as to where they went.

I'm not certain, but I think the disappearing points are explained in the Mod's post 43 on page 5 where Mod explains that he:

"reset the reputations to what I thought were good levels (deleting the 200+ rep points that dummpy and some others were passing around - that was a goof on my part I had the weight set to 1 reputation power for every 10 posts and dummpy had so many posts that it was giving me insane reputation weight) but seriously I think the bugs are out. So let start using it well."

If I understand correctly thou, only a select few chosen ones can give out reputation points. The last few days I've taken time to give out poins but now realize u need a bunch of points to give points. O boy....., I guess it just takes awhile to figure this out. Atleast I'm above water now lol.

• Like 1

Looks like most of the bugs are worked out now with the reputation system. I reset the reputations to what I thought were good levels (deleting the 200+ rep points that dummpy and some others were passing around - that was a goof on my part I had the weight set to 1 reputation power for every 10 posts and dummpy had so many posts that it was giving me insane reputation weight) but seriously I think the bugs are out. So let start using it well.

If you agree with a post (ESPECIALLY A RECOMMENDATION) than click the scales and AGREE and enter a comment.

If you disagree with a post (ESPECIALLY A RECOMMENDATION) than click the scales and DISAGREE and enter a comment.

If you have enough reputation your AGREE or DISAGREE will impact the posters reputation. If you are NEW or have little or no reputation your post will NOT increase or decrease the post but the comment will still file against that person.

Use it responsibly please. It will be for the benefit of everyone and it is set up to make the people who should be credible ... credible and those who are SHILL posting or posting crap not so credible.

Keep in mind Now if someone states an opinion here by clicking the scales and disagreeing with that comment may impact the persons reputation. So... please DO NOT abuse that power. If someone is abusing the reputation power I can delete all the reputation votes from that person and turn off the reputation on that account (or suspend them).

I still don't understand. Being involved in the SP/Hobbiest lifestyle for 10+years, I guess i don't have a good rep here, but I have personally helped out numerous SP's and a few hobbiests who are members here, but just because i only joined here last year and have not posted 1000+ posts, i'm not trust worthy yet. It's too bad i need to be discreet, cause i wish everyone here knew who I am. I guess all that matters is that the members that are aquainted with me on Cerb, know me and trust me. I don't mean to rant, but this just seems to get me going.

Sorry

• Like 2

If you give points you should not loose any points. Brandy

Thank you. :) Now bend over and catch a kiss!

I'm not certain, but I think the disappearing points are explained in the Mod's post 43 on page 5 where Mod explains that he:

"reset the reputations to what I thought were good levels (deleting the 200+ rep points that dummpy and some others were passing around - that was a goof on my part I had the weight set to 1 reputation power for every 10 posts and dummpy had so many posts that it was giving me insane reputation weight) but seriously I think the bugs are out. So let start using it well."

If I understand correctly thou, only a select few chosen ones can give out reputation points. The last few days I've taken time to give out poins but now realize u need a bunch of points to give points. O boy....., I guess it just takes awhile to figure this out. Atleast I'm above water now lol.

Yes Dummpy’s rep points disappeared and mod posted everything was straightened but the next day several of mine continued to disappear when I looked in my cp user comments.

I just looked in my user cp again and one more comment from someone who gave me points are gone again. Every time more come others disappear.

Edited by brandi
to ad to my post

- WORK IN PROGRESS -

I AM STILL WORKING OUT THE BUGS!

This is a WORK in PROGRESS your points MAY GO UP AND DOWN while we figure this one out but I do think we have the right settings now.

I am trying to IRON OUT THE BUGS... consider it a BETA TEST PROGRAM.

HOW IT WORKS: when you AGREE with someones post you ADD to that persons reputation (The amount you add to that persons reputation is based on how many rep points you have - the more bars you have the more you can impart others reputation as you would be seen as a trusted member) when you DISAGREE with someones post that can remove a tiny bit of the other persons reputation away from that person (about 1/2 of what you have the power to give someone).

Now we have all have been fooling around with it (Especially dummpy and a few others) and when I had the wrong info typed in it accidently gave dummpy the power to really impact people's reps (This was all REMOVED and all users account were FIXED and adjusted).

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification and update.

I know there has been some head scratching going on and worried individuals. IMHO SP are hardest hit when they see their reputation bounce around without rhyme nor reason. Their concerns are valid as any new comers or even returning old may take the low/negative reputation at face value.

Further I'm not sure how many individuals follow this thread.

Perhaps a Message of the Day or a change to the login message (the 'Click here if your browser doesn't automatically...") to indicate reps are beta might soothe concerns.

Again my thanks

• Like 1

I didn't even know the rep points were around untill I got pmed with question about them!!! I like my new rep! "gaining rep" GREAT settings.

WORKIN HARD AS ALWAYS MOD.....

P.S how do I agree or disagree by the way?

• Like 1

Hey I love this stuff!! What can I say :) can't wait for it be a fine tuned steam train of Looovvvee ! And no negatives from Dummpy, everyone has there opinion and I am not going to rain on anyone's parade, but I will be generous with rep points after all generosity is my very nature :D

I'm sorry IF this question has already been asked and answered...

I noticed that I received reputation points lately...

Is there a way to see who gave me those points and where and why? lol

Thanks! ;)

xox

• Like 1