I was recently visiting a girlfriend and she wanted to show me her new project. So she took me down into her basement pantry and to my amazement she had it organized and completely stocked for emergencies. But not just any emergency...doomsday! She figures she has enough for almost a year.

How about you cerbies....any doomsday preppers among us? The best I come to is just having a full extra supply pantry just to stay on top of the sales.

I have a sister in Vancouver, whose got a bunch of containers of water stashed on the back porch. I asked her about it and she said it was for an emergency in case of an earthquake. I guess they figure to have one there eventually.

As for me, I've got quite a cellar of wine, so I'm not going to go dry.

• Like 2

Hey Dorinda.....i bet she does not have a supply of condoms... They are a true black market item come doomsday.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

I have a sister in Vancouver, whose got a bunch of containers of water stashed on the back porch. I asked her about it and she said it was for an emergency in case of an earthquake. I guess they figure to have one there eventually.

As for me, I've got quite a cellar of wine, so I'm not going to go dry.

Preparing for an earthquake in Vancouver is rational, preparing for doomsday is not.

• Like 1

Guest *ig*a**

In my basement I keep canned goods fresh water that I keep up to date also various other survival things because you never know.

Posted via Mobile Device

I remember everyone going crazy for the Mellenium year 2000. My friends mother had the same thing a basements full of stuff. It's kind of scary how people get over this stuff. I guess it's better to be prepared.

I always keep a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator, ready for any need. Maybe I'll add another bottle or two in December....

antlerman, stocking up on condoms is a good idea, too!

On a more serious note, The Red Cross has suggests that every household be prepared in the event of emergencies. (Anyone remember the ice storm of 1998 when power was knocked out in most of Eastern Ontario and many homes sustained damage).

Check this out - makes sense even if you don't believe in Doomesday.

http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=33847&tid=001

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

It should be determined what you stock according to your geographical area. I keep 3 gallons of water and plus fuel for a coleman lantern and a campers stove. At least i can cook if the power goes off. Alot of canned goods as well and some dried soups on hand!

It's good to be prepared but these guys take it to the next level and some for wacked out reasons, to each their own i guess.

watch the natgeo series of doomsday preppers and somethings that people prep for are 1-in-a-million chance of something happening, crazy...and some spend their whole life doing this and worried about the future of what could happen.

live today and not tomorrow.

Edited by conquistador
  • Like 1

4 things a woman should have in the event of an emergency...

Chocolate, strawberries, champagne and a REALLY good dildo!

I've been called a dildo a few times in my life, do I qualify?

• Like 1

I've been called a dildo a few times in my life, do I qualify?

As long as you can make my eyes roll in the back of my head, you would qualify to come to my extravagant bunker.lol.

gary-neville-home-4.jpg?width=600

• Like 1

I guess you could say that my zombie apocalypse plan could double as my doomsday plan, lol. I do have a bunch of canned goods and non-perishable items stocked in the pantry, as well as a bunch of water, so should be good to last a couple days at least. Should be enough time to row out to one of the islands in the St. Lawrence, camp out, and do some fishing while there. Might as well enjoy the apocalypse, lol.

My survival plan involves staying as close to this woman as possible and doing everything and anything she tells me

5715100673_6a859e2520_z.jpg

I always keep a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator, ready for any need. Maybe I'll add another bottle or two in December....

Now that's my idea of seriously good doomsday planning Samantha! I think I would need to add some bottles of red wine and maybe some good Belgian beer as well.

The more I think about it, the longer the list of items to be stockpiled grows - just in case:

- A generator (to keep my computer going for access to CERB and all of the beautiful SPs)

- Chocolate (of course)

- Good books (but not Fifty Shades of Grey if the reviews on CERB are anything to go by)

- Pizza (not sure how to stockpile delivery pizza, but it must be worth giving it some thought)

- Music (not a problem with the amount you can put on an iPod these days)

I'm sure that there are lots more essentials.

As long as you can make my eyes roll in the back of my head, you would qualify to come to my extravagant bunker.lol.

gary-neville-home-4.jpg?width=600

Now that sure could be fun

There is a TV show on preppers -- Doomsday Preppers.

Its like horders, except at the end of the show they tell the preppers how to be even more prepared for whatever irrational obsession they are preparing for.

Its incredibly American... in every show they encourage the wackos to buy more guns and improve security.

What bugs me about the show is none of these folks on the show has the slightest interest in helping prevent dooms day... they just want to survive it.

Guest S**a*Q

I have no problem taking out my neighbour for his stores, it's the end of the world, sooo, survival of the fittest is totally engaged.

However, in a time of disaster, people need someone to turn to. I plan to establish myself as a leader of my army.

I don't need to get stuff, people will do it for me.

Guest thi****

Who better to lead an army than a goddess.

I would join the SaraMQ army.

Not wanting to sound overly negative on what most would view as a somber thread; for those who believe the end is near, Dec.21,2012 ( I am not one of those) this event is predicted to either result in a 180 degree polar shift and/ or a catastrophic event resulting in total defoliation of the planet so....the outlook would be quite nasty and starvation would be imminant unless one has the wherewithall to hoard a lifetime supply in a subterainian chamber that happens to be air tight and water proof. Now that I've made your day I will quote Brian from Monty Python's " The Life of Brian"

"Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" !!!! Because you never know....

Additional Comments:

Upon reflection it wasn't Brian it was one of the others being crucified ( Eric Idle's character).

so life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and thats to laugh and dance and smile and sing...

remember that the last laugh is on you...

so always look on the light side of death... etc.

And back to our regularly scheduled apocolapse preparations ... Remember to dress appropriately and sing the above mentioned song

zombie-apocalypse-survival-gui-5-6.jpg&sa=X&ei=YnveT83YKeft6gGQ1v2SCw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFWtzPdGXHNNwnMSpQCI9Nl9u5PmQ

I work with a guy who spent 26 years in the Military who highly believes that the end of the will happen in Dec hence he has mentioned on several occassion that he has a huge stock of all supplies in a home made bunker he made. I personally believe that have some extra supplies on hand is normal but my co-worker has taken it too a extreme level.