So I am curious as to what cold beverages you indulge in when it's warm and sunny outside in the summer months.

Me I like to sip on sour apple martinis on an outdoor patio and also ice tea with lemon..

• Like 1

-ice cold water with lemon or lime.

-wildberry ice tea (second cup)

-raspberry martini

-Alexander Keith's or Corona (I don't normally drink beer but there are those random hot days where I will crave one).

Beck's Non Alcoholic beer (I can't touch alcohol, this has 0% alcohol, and tastes the way I remember beer tasting)

Water

Occasionally a chocolate milkshake from the Dairy Queen...but occasionally only

RG

• Like 1

Nestea tropical blend ice tea. It's more of lemon lime flavour than your standard lemon ice tea. I tend to drink this all year round, but every time I do drink it it reminds me of summer time :) As a kid though I used to get slushies all the time from my neighbourhood convenience store and those were awesome!

Watermelon-Tequila Cocktail :) yummy by the pool ;)

Take seedless watermelon chunks, then strain the juice through a sieve and mix it with silver tequila (or what ever tequila you might have), sugar syrup, blueberries, mint and fresh lime juice, SO yummy and so refreshing, sneak's up on you too :)

the regular refreshing drink - Cold water!

the fancy tea - iced green tea lemonade with no sweets (starbucks)

the cold coffee - iced caramel machiatto (starbucks)

the patio buddy - stella/corona/heineken (anytime of the year!)

Guest ****someS**l

Almost any beer so long as it's ice cold, Bloody Caesars and margaritas...not all in the same glass though. Ice water is still my drink of choice.

Somersby Cider. I hate all other ciders but this one is amazing. :)

Tastes just like apples.

http://www.somersbycider.com/

Ooo! I --love-- cider. I've never developed a taste for beer, but cider goes down nice 'n easy. I'll look for Somersby.

Most pubs will have Strongbow, and that's alright; but my absolute favourite is Waupoos cider --on tap--. Just like you describe Sara, it's almost like drinking apple juice. The only place I know to get it on tap in Ottawa is at the Cheshire Cat pub on Carp road (a nice place with a character all its own; my favourite pub). Don't buy it in bottles at the LCBO; it's just not the same.

Once or twice each summer I make the drive down to the County Cider Winery where they make the stuff... less than an hour past Kingston and they have a great little patio where they serve a nice lunch and yes, that's right, you can get their Waupoos cider on tap. I was just there on Canada Day weekend. --Great-- time.

I'm VERY happy to see cider catching on more in Canada. A few years ago I visited friends in Liverpool and they had a whole front porch --full-- of different cider varieties for me to try. --Sigh-- Hafta get back there soon.

Failing that, my other summer drink is Sangria -- cheap fruity red wine, woohoo! :) Somehow my big sister hadn't tried it until I shared some with her at my place last summer. Instant convert.

Ooo! I --love-- cider. I've never developed a taste for beer, but cider goes down nice 'n easy. I'll look for Somersby.

Yes, it's good, but be warned - it's --really-- sweet. I like it, but it was getting to be a bit much for me by the end of the pint.

Failing that, my other summer drink is Sangria

+1 on Sangria, although I hardly ever have it.

For me, the summer staple is gin and tonic. Added bonus: helps prevent malaria.

I always enjoy a

dclogo.gif

especially on the rocks. :icon_smile:

A nice Corona Lite on a hot day or night is hard to beat. Somewhere in the world you can buy Corona extra light and that is even better. Fewer calories to consume. That is my summer pick, all who know and love me will tell you my all time favourite is a nice full body red wine. Yum, yum!

For me, the summer staple is gin and tonic. Added bonus: helps prevent malaria.

Why yes ... very nice choice !! ..... On the golf course a bottle of gin and jug of ruby red grapefruit juice also improves my game ;) sort of.....the front nine I suppose ....

Oddly enough, it was a drink I had at Milestones recently:

I took a pic of the ingredients from the menu, I have since made it a few times at home for er um...guests:

Urban Garden Gimlet..

Vodka, fresh muddled cucumber, rosemary and fresh lime....shaken in a martini shaker...

delicious!

Guest *ebu**

It is hard to beat the classic martini -- gin and a suspicion of vermouth. You can leave the olive or not -- but in my opinion never add a pearl onion (the gimlet) which completely alters the drink.

One or perhaps two is enough on a hot day.

Cheers.

Like many others I like my tall cold glass of H2O.

Other drinks that are good on a hot summer day by the pool is a cold Corona, margarita, pina colada and coco loco.