What is your comfort food?

My mom's lasagna! Or mom's chili! Or turkey stew!

Mom's always make the best comfort foods!! :biggrin:

The mothers of the world do make the best comfort food. If I go home and I'm feeling blue I ask my mother to make me fried eggs with her homefries. I never want to know how she makes those homefries... it's a heart attack waiting to happen.

Homemade macaroni and cheese made with five year old cheddar (makes extra old seem as mild as mozzerella LOL)

I --love-- homemade macaroni and cheese. Again, starches and carbs makes the best comfort food...

Things like meatloaf, mashed potatoes, french onion soup, grilled cheese sandwich.

--drools-- mashed potatoes... mmm... mmm...

Guest t****ster***ke

penne pasta in a bacon, avocado and scallop cream sauce!

i think i just came a little in my pants :)

Guest ChantalSummers

Lol I like that, theliquor!! Mmmm yummm. So yes other than the obviouos for me I'd have to say strawberries and whipped cream. Can't resist!! Hehe.

I have too many. Shepherd's Pie, nachos, pizza, but my fave is my own homefries. (Baby white potatoes boiled then fried to a slight crisp with Spanish onion, minced garlic, a little cayenne powder, paprika, and when I have them, chives. with a ramekin of Frank's Red Hot). Damn I'm hungry...gonna make some.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Made a beef pot roast today...with roasted potatoes, carrots and asparagus. Of course it had gravy all over everything.

But tried and true PB&J with moms home made strawberry jam.

Mmm - time for leftovers

My goto comfort food? Soup. Some days I prefer it to be hearty. Sometimes hot n' spicy. Other days, 'more soothing. But for me, any day, it's soup.

Spaghetti carbonara. I lived on it while studying. I had the preparation down to a science. Pasta, cheese and pancetta - what's not to like?

But tried and true PB&J with moms home made strawberry jam.

A woman after my own heart! There is nothing like a good ol' PB&J to make you feel like a kid again ( and my mom also makes incredible jams and jellies, she grows her own grapes so I'm partial to the grape jelly!). Grilled cheese sandwiches also take me back to my childhood...maybe I just love sandwiches period!

Sunday dinner back in England...

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, and roasted rosemary potatoes...so delicious!!!! Makes me miss home terribly and bloody well making me hungry just thinking about it! :D

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I love pho!! Love love love it!! ^_^

Uuummmmm so tasty, and rice wraps. Can't eat spring rolls as most of them have gluten in them, but a good broth should be safe to eat and well, pho is one of my many guitly pleasures so I'll still sneak it in and deal with the aftermath...totally worth it once in a while!!

great, now I want some pho hahaha...

I enjoy a large bowl of Vietnamese Pho soup.

Everything in it, then add some hot sirachi sauce.

It's tasty.

Anyone else into PHO?

Additional Comments:

ooouuu which place is that if you don`t mind me asking?...Always love trying a new pho place! ^_^

Marinated Chicken and rice at my favourite Pho joint on Bank Street...yummy!!!!!!

Spaghetti carbonara. I lived on it while studying. I had the preparation down to a science. Pasta, cheese and pancetta - what's not to like?

Me too...pasta, eggs, butter, cream, cheese and bacon ingredients in the recipe I use...can make it with my eyes closed

Really good, and not a bit of fat or carbs LOL

But with fall around the corner (right now at nights it feels like it's here already) the slow cooker comes out, and I'll whip up some chilli and maybe do a minestrone too

RG

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I Have too many comfort foods!! I love to cook and eat...I think my comfort foods vary depending on the season. Fall and winter I love more stick to your ribs hearty foods, and summer I prefer things that are lighter or things that I can grill (if I get the opportunity to use a bbq or open fire ;) ) or just things that wont take long to cook or that are difficult. Small apartment and no a/c, I like to use my stove and oven as little as possible to keep it cool! haha

Guest realnicehat

Wow, so many to choose from and most have probably been said already.

Grilled Cheese.

Chicken Noodle Soup.

Hot Dogs & Kraft Dinner (I know, totally gross but a throwback to when I was a kid)

but one of my favourites (my dad used to do this) is leftover mashed potatoes reheated in a frying pan with butter. They get brown and crispy on the outside.

Also, ice cream, ice cream and ice cream

Edited by realnicehat

Pasta (lasagna)

Bread (any type even with zucinni in it (I hate zicinni)

Macaroni and Cheese (Stoffers makes the best if you don't want to make from scratch)

Of course, meat and gravy (beef, pork, chicken and of course my favorite Turkey)

Never to veges.....

The best comfort food is when someone else cooks it for you.

• Like 1

Guest s****aswe***ess

Whipped cream cheese and Regular Lays chips!! I use it as dip :P Raw cookie dough also is delicious and helpful when im not having the best day this is my emergency food !

Best one? Gotta go with hot dogs, easy to make, easy to dress, easy to eat and really good nutritional value :)