What is your comfort food?

Sometimes, when I'm feeling down in the dumps, I boil some potatoes and mash them with cream (18%) and butter. I eat the potatoes directly out of the pot.

My comfort food is anything high in starch. Potatoes and pasta make me incredibly happy.

I'm curious because I know a lot of people have weird comfort foods ;)

• Like 1

My fav is roast beef with sweet potato's and gravy. My second is Sheppard's pie and my third is french onion soup. Oh and who can forget about french toast. I must have french toast now! A very hungry Peachy is logging off now,lol.

For me it's turkey with lots of stuffing and mashed potatoes, With cranberry sauce and veggies might make me sleepy, but it makes me happy :-)

For me it's turkey with lots of stuffing and mashed potatoes, With cranberry sauce and veggies might make me sleepy, but it makes me happy :-)

Cranberry sauce with turkey is the best! Also, mashed potatoes of corse ;)

Other than the obvious, I am a true meat eater, especially when feeling down.

Steak is number one, rubbed with a good olive oil and fresh garlic, number two is spare ribs (the prep time is a mental break) rubbed, baked then bbq'd.

and then there is the obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoked salmon, capers and chopped scallions followed by chocolate preferably dark with sea salt (Lindt) and a cup of strong black coffee,

Homemade pizza, piled high with way too many toppings.

Chicken wings with a blazing hot sauce.

An egg, bacon or sausage and cheese sandwich made on a croissant or bagel.

• Like 1

This thread is officially making me hungry for things I shouldn't desire at 9:44 a.m.

I want ribs and a baked potato with sour cream...

Meatloaf, steamed spinach and mashed potatoes......or a great Rib Eye. I also love blueberries and plain natural yogurt with a little bran.

Peace

MG

On a summer day such as today, you cannot beat BBQ hamburgers loaded with the fixins and tomato, onion and lettuce! That is one of my comfort foods.

Edited by mrrnice2

On a summer day such as today, you cannot beat BBQ hamburgers laoded with the fixins and tomato, onion and lettuce! That is one of my comfort foods.

Yup you can't beat a big fat BBQ burger in the summertime :)

I BBQ everything I can....Even my weekend toasted bacon cheese and tomato sandwiches are made with bacon cooked on BBQ and toast from the BBQ with melted cheese.

• Like 2

I BBQ everything I can.....

Agency limitations aside (does the BBM Agency have any options besides BBQ?) I have to agree.

I LOVE my toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches - BBQ'd bacon or not.

Agency limitations aside (does the BBM Agency have any options besides BBQ?) I have to agree.

I LOVE my toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches - BBQ'd bacon or not.

To answer your question Waterat.....The FB BBM lodge does have one other food option besides BBQ'd vittles.....Catfish sushi :)

Guest t**d**teur

My all time favourite is heavy with the smooth peanut butter and covered with creamy honey sandwich. It's gotta be on a (sometimes 2) fresh slice of bread, not toasted. Another is chicken wings that have marinated in Durkee Frank's Lime sauce then nicely barbecued. But then good things come in threes and my third is fresh chilled berries with a sufficient amount of maple syrup.

Edited by t**d**teur
typo

Im a sucker for the honey garlic wing in the loblaws freshly cooked food department. All sorts of juicy and explosiveness and goes with some baked sweet potatoes for my lazy evenings.

Also bbq jerk chicken thighs and drums.

Mild curry with tofu and veggies, served over rice. My comfort drink is coffee, which is probably the worst when you're stressed. But it's what I crave. I also love warm milk or hot chocolate, but I have limited tolerance for lactose so I don't indulge often.

• Like 1

Mild curry with tofu and veggies, served over rice. My comfort drink is coffee, which is probably the worst when you're stressed. But it's what I crave. I also love warm milk or hot chocolate, but I have limited tolerance for lactose so I don't indulge often.

Well Gia...as I look at your georgous avatar and I look in the mirror here.....I suspect our choices of comfort foods perhaps is the difference ! Your body has the yummy curves in all the "right places" Mine just has curves sort of....areas on my body that accumulate burgers and bacon sandwiches and stuff ;)

• Like 1

Although I have been attempting to watch what I ear lately I REALLY love pizza or chips. Some habits are just too hard to shake I guess.

Also my fave, had it yesterday as a matter of fact. My other top comfort foods are oatmeal with lots of peanut butter or honey stirred in while hot, including a side order of homemade wholewheat toast with more p.b..

Last but not least, I make oatburgers which are a burger broiled with orange cheese slice, topped wit oatmeal mixed w/worcestershire sauce and served between english muffin halves.

Oops, almost forgot kippered herring on pumpernickel, slathered with mayo and green jalapeno sauce. This one is for an appetizer with brew.

As you can guess, This diet can cause extreme spasmodic farting. Good thing I live solitary.

• Like 1

a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of Campbells condensed tomato soup with milk mixed in instead of water.