Draft private message

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to save PMs as drafts and continuing another time? I quickly searched this forum and the titles of the search results weren't exactly what I was looking for. I looked on the "Private Messages" part of my profile and nothing jumped out at me

Reason I'm asking is that I'm someone who takes their time in writing emails and PMs, especially for the first contact with a lady when I introduce myself, then I start over-analyzing what should be said, what not to say, how could this sentence be interpreted, etc...

What I do is write in Microsoft Word and copy/paste into a PM. Problem is the formatting, font, line spacing are all off when compared to typing in the PM interface, when adding the finishing touches. I'm looking for a quicker solution.

Not super important obviously, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!! :)

Guest jrose

There only seem to be folders for "Inbox" and "Sent" so it does not look like you can.

Perhaps copy / pasting HTML code would work?

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to save PMs as drafts and continuing another time? I quickly searched this forum and the titles of the search results weren't exactly what I was looking for. I looked on the "Private Messages" part of my profile and nothing jumped out at me

Reason I'm asking is that I'm someone who takes their time in writing emails and PMs, especially for the first contact with a lady when I introduce myself, then I start over-analyzing what should be said, what not to say, how could this sentence be interpreted, etc...

What I do is write in Microsoft Word and copy/paste into a PM. Problem is the formatting, font, line spacing are all off when compared to typing in the PM interface, when adding the finishing touches. I'm looking for a quicker solution.

Not super important obviously, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!! :)

Here's an idea. Go to your email, type out the message you want to send, and the email saves it as a draft. (make sure you don't send it LOL) Work on it till you get it exactly the way you want. Then copy/paste into the private message. Maybe the email to pm won't have the formatting problems that word does

Just a thought

Yeah it would be a nice feature but seems it's not there.

I just use Google Docs (same as MS-Word) and even have a pretty good command of the BB code I can use. Of course it auto saves every couple of minutes and then when ready just CTRL-A (select all), CTRL-C (copy) and then CTRL-V (paste) into a PM or post.

Of course if embedding your own BB code also good to preview the result and check URLs actually work before hitting "Submit".

The big advantage of Google Docs (to me) is I can start writing on one computer and then finish it using a totally different computer in a different city.

I use Notepad which under the and Microsoft Accessories, it's simple and saves as a txt file with little formatting. It's a simple cut/paste and you can do the spell check when you paste into the PM.

Wow, thanks to all for replying!!

Ya, MS Word-to-email does have the same formatting and spacing issues. I'll be sure to test the suggestions when I get a chance.

Thanks again! :)

I echo the use of Notepad. It has an added advantage in that if you paste is stuff copied from other sources (e.g., quotes from a song, I do that a lot) the original formatting is removed so that you can then copy and paste from notepad without having annoying font changes and other formats.

Alright, I'll test notepad first.

Thanks again :)

Sucess!! I did Word to notepad to PM!! Call me picky, but I don't like the dullness of notepad, so I start in Word.

Edited by DukeSSk
Success

Also... I've sometimes used CERB's notes page to store posts and PMs that are under construction/further consideration :)