What do you think of the new plastic money?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new plastic money?

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • I'm not really sure what I think
    • I haven't seen it yet
    • Why are you wasting my time with this shit?

So, I've just visited an ATM, and it gave me some of the new plastic bills. Given that this is a cash-based industry, I'm guessing we'll all encounter them pretty soon. So, what do you think about them?

I hear they can melt in the heat/sun, though the Bank of Canada denies that claim. Overall, I like how vibrant the new colours are but I get annoyed with folding them since they neither stay fully folded nor do they go back to straight like paper bills can. Nothing is perfect!

Do not dry in the dryer - thats one thing for sure hahaha :D

My vote does not go with them ... plain paper money was good!

Haven't used them, but assuming they are the same as the $50 and $100, I like them a lot. I hated having to use half ripped up paper bills, and considered it a waste when a barely year old bill would be ripped up to be replaced with another paper bill. The lifecycle was too short. At least with these, I don't have to worry about it getting wet, ripped and from what I heard, less likely to be used to snort cocaine (thinking about my money being used by some druggie to get high just gives me the heebie jeebies)

It's not so new to me as the pesos in República Dominicana have been going plastic with the see though windows for some time now. They do hold up really well in the washing machine :)

I remember the days of spending a paper $1000 DOP note (equivalent of $25 Canadian) at the grocery store and the clerk would spend a lot of time holding each one up to the light and carefully inspecting it to ensure it wasn't counterfeit, those days are now gone, hurray!

I have to admit.....I was super embarrassed when i first received the new $20's.... Cuz I laughed.....thinking it was a joke.....like play money. I was looking at it like wtf?! Then I remembered the other new bills (50's,100's)...... Ooopsie. Too Funny. Ish. ;)

• Like 3

I like it, I love the colours and think the new bills will last much longer than the old dirty paper ones. However, machines need to be updated in order to accomodate the new bills - I tried using a new twenty at an automated grocery teller and it wouldn't accept it.

• Like 1

Agree with Cleo, I like the colours they are fun! but also yes have to be careful as they stick together or they slip easy out of your pockets.., But they are cute :) hehe

Guest *ig*a**

I like the bills only one problem I had with the 50 when I first used them you had to be careful that there wasn't two stuck together.

Posted via Mobile Device

I like the bills only one problem I had with the 50 when I first used them you had to be careful that there wasn't two stuck together.

Posted via Mobile Device

I know a few ladies who thought who ended up with a few $50 tips because of this.

It really doesn't matter to me either way....but it's true, you definitely have to slow down and be extra careful when counting. It will just take a little getting used to handling the new bills.

I carry $ in my bra and the new bills make my cleavage sweat! I've had to wipe it off after removal. Ewwww. Besides that, I like them...

cat

• Like 2

Ya the new $20 is kinda bland. But the new bills in general are sparkly and pretty :) and we all know how much us ladies LOVE sparkly and pretty things :) the new $20's stick to each other still a bit but so did the $100's and $50's at first but don't seem to as much anymore :)