fave O-town restaurants?

Here are my fav restos in Ottawa: Milestones, Fratelli's, Steak, Red Lobster, 1000's Island Sushi in Barrhaven, Sushi Kan and Moxies.

I've yet to eat outstanding chinese or vietnamese food in Ottawa, so I reserve any name dropping as of yet.

Have you tried Thu Do for pho?

Yeah for Pho...other than my mom, Thu Do is good...as for Chinese Sea King, Yangtzee and Lychee are good

Ginsing on sommerset w near preston as a very good combination of traditional chinese and vietamese food, don't look for the canadianized chinese food you won't find it.

The absolute... and I mean... THE BEST... place to get a burger is Burgers and Shakes on Mitch Owens and Limebank. A little bit of a drive but well worth it!

They make a great shawarma (shish taouk) too!

Dirienzo's for the Diavolo sandwich--proscuitto, hot calabrese, soppressata, pickled eggplant, dijon mustard and cheese (but I can't remember whih kind).

This is my fave sandwich from there, drool! Now I want one!!

Without question though, my fave place to eat in Ottawa is The Manx. YUM!

Tried it ... I've tried the entire sector there, and started raiding Bank Street, and some in Orleans.

Some are passable.

Guest fl***gfi***rs

@Cleo - the Manx is amazing but on a weekend evening you can't get a seat anymore. Try the lamb curry wrap!

Ok, two new places I feel the need to promote (not that they need any help!)

HINTONBURGER!!! So fucking good. I have never inhaled a burger faster. It is totally worth $7.

Whalesbone. Ok, so unless you like seafood and are a foodie and you have some cash to spend, this is not for you. BUT, if you feel the urge to splurge and you love seafod, you will love Whalesbone. The raw oysters are fresh and delicious and they make a red wine vinaigrette with shalots to go with them that is to die for! I followed that up with an appetizer of smoked mackerel and then scallops with creme fraiche, corn, and blue cheese. I was totally in heaven. But let me warn you, it's not cheap! For two people, we had a bottle of zinfandel, 9 raw oysters, appetizer of smoked mackerel, I had scallops, he had the sardine, then we had dessert (a sundae bar, yo!) and a grappa. Total + tip: $254. Was it worth it? FUCK YES. Plus, the staff is amazing and totally fun.

• Like 1

I've never ate at the Manx, I will next time tho! I love the Manx, we go there for drinks a lot during the week. They have a lot of different beers there, my personal favourite is the apricot beer!

I've never ate at the Manx, I will next time tho! I love the Manx, we go there for drinks a lot during the week. They have a lot of different beers there, my personal favourite is the apricot beer!

When I was in Belgium, I got addicted to cherry beer. Does anyone know anywhere in Ottawa that serves cherry beer? If you do, I'm FREE THIS WEEKEND. Let's get drunk. Hahaha.

Chinese good buffets suggestions anyone?? Thx in advance :wink:

I don't know if this exactly fits what you had in mind, but dim sum @ the Mandarin Ogilvy is the most excellent in the city, imo.

I found good raspberry beer from Belgium in the Market @ Vineyards - Frambozen (or something like that)

Haven't seen cherry beer yet though.

• Like 2

When I was in Belgium, I got addicted to cherry beer. Does anyone know anywhere in Ottawa that serves cherry beer? If you do, I'm FREE THIS WEEKEND. Let's get drunk. Hahaha.

I'm not 100%, but I'm about 92% sure, the Vineyards in the Byward Market has a cherry beer. I know they have a blueberry beer. They have like a million different beers from out of the province. They also have numerous different wines.

Getting drunk is fun! I'll be off soon to do that, haha.

• Like 1

I finally found a place with authentic Mexican food. it was so good I'll share the info with you :tongue:

The place is called 'Los tacos de Mauro' and is located in the market, on 349 Dalhousie, right beside Dunn's diner. They have one menu on weekdays and a different one for weekends, they are both great!!

Not off the top of my head, but Pub Italia is always a good place to start...

I agree! I have a friend who lives just off elgin so I occasionally have breakfast at The Manx. They make a KILLER Eggs Benny! :)

Edited by castle

Wow what a question,

I guess I am a little biased towards restaurants as I am a chef and work in restaurant, but i am also very particular to what I eat and the quality and where the food comes from. Some may be a little expensive but they are worth it. So my favouritie restaurants are:

Domus Cafe

Social

Black Tomato

Earl of Sussex

Ahora

There are a few more but I won't waste everyone's time with reading them all

• Like 1

Wow what a question,

I guess I am a little biased towards restaurants as I am a chef

Wow, and who said the recommendations on CERB were just for great MAs and SPs. I haven't been to any of these restaurants; checked the menus and will definitely be paying some of them a visit.

Are these your favourites in order or just the top 5?

Thanks Bigwilly.

Wow, and who said the recommendations on CERB were just for great MAs and SPs. I haven't been to any of these restaurants; checked the menus and will definitely be paying some of them a visit.

Are these your favourites in order or just the top 5?

Thanks Bigwilly.

Well i work at one of them so its my favourite right now. But they are all my favourite. It depends on what mood I am in. one for great mexican, one for a great caeser and steak. etc. you should all try them all!

I recently had the smoked meat poutine at Dunn's and was in HEAVEN!