fave O-town restaurants?

Dirienzo’s for sandwichs hands down bar none the winner, I spent way to much time there.

Urban Pear in the glebe, one of the better racks of lambs going around.

The Works, anyplace that does peanut butter and cream cheese on a

burger just wins try it, it is actually really good.

Ada's diner, a tiny dive at bank and gladstone that does a pretty good eggs benedict.

Flying piggy's at bank and heron

The pelican grill at bank and heron is rated really well but i have never had good meal there, but it is the best place to buy fresh fish.

Whales bone, a raw oyster bar

And the rest

Al's steak house, Nuts about life, mister b's, eighteen, wasabi, kinky's, elgin street diner, delight of indian, Japanesse Village, golden palce .

And the best pie in town is not Colonade but Bella Vista, please don't hurt me.

A there is a golf course/country club on hunt club Called the Hunt Club (go figure) that has a killer Sunday brunch, a Friend of my fathers used to take the whole family when i was a kid, i think that it is members only but still i highly recomend it, And the Montary Inn on Prince of Whales has a wine bar in the basement of the main the building that i can't remember the name of but 2 or 3 years ago when i was last there it had the best wine list in the city.

I am sure you were joking about the fresh chickens. They are actually ducks. And delicious of course.

The best chinese reataurant is Yangsheng at the cornor of somerset and bronson. across from the bank of nova scotia.

You can see the fresh chickens hanging in the windows.:razz::idea::-o

Oh most definitely. I love food so much! I just hate cooking it myself.

Me too! My desire was always to find a man who could cook. I'm still looking (he he).

Interesting that you mention DiRienzo's for sandwiches. I met Paul DiRienzo when I was 16 years old. He was 24. He was my "first". That was "many many moons ago" when disco was big. He used to sport a long shag haircut and mustache, wear open shirts with gold chairs and platform shoes and drive a yellow Firebird. Paul is definitely greyer than those days, but still flashes a sexy smile for me and I believe loads my sandwich bigger (so my girlfriend claims when she's with me).

So if you ever wanna go grab a sandwich there, I'll go with you anytime, girl! It's provolone picante cheese and 3 kinds of meat for me!

Now I'm hungry reading all these posts...

My favs:

Royal Oak (Orleans): chicken wings. $5.99 for 10, Mon/Tues nites - a great deal. Very plump. Apparently imported from Brazil of all places. Also have a great burger, if you don't want anything overly fancy.

The Works: Burgers, and those sweet potato fries....yes! No McDonald's for this girl.

House of Pizza (Orleans - Convent Glen): The owners make their own dough and sauce from scratch and use the "good cheese" that doesn't look like oil floating on top of rubber when it's cooked.

Pilos (Montreal Road): for Greek...reasonably priced and always delicious.

St. Hubert: For chicken. Plumper and moister than Swiss Chalet. I like the sauce better too. But having first sampled the original when I lived in Montreal as a kid, I'm kind of partial to it. Believe it or not they also make a pretty good steak according to a few family members who have tried them more than once. I like the St. Laurent location the best.:mrgreen:

I have been avoiding this thread because I am such a food snob!

Cowboy gotta agree with you about Prime 360 place is pitiful compared to the real steak houses of NYC (they still have the sea green decor from when the place was Noah's in the 80's!!!)

18 in the market can be good but it is hit and miss.

Empire grill is a classic Ottawa spot again probably over priced for what you get but it has history.

Al's on Elgin has History!!

The owners Daughter at the New May Fung or whatever Erin said is outstanding!! I think the food is good but I get so easily distracted.

Gastro Pub on Wellington has some very good eats

The Wine Bar in the market home of the $12 fries is always a great place for a date and not very expensive (you get a steak as a side with the fries)

I find the beer and decor at Pub Italia is intoxicating the food sucks

I do like the deep fried pickels at the Heart and Crown also on Preston Street

It does not get much more honest than the Prescott! (mmmm Meat Balls!)

And is it just me or are the sandwiches at Direnzios starting to slide?

Oh and I have 2 insider tips of the week

1) Coconut Lagoon on St. Laurent looks like a dive however the Cheff owner is a highly awarded international cheff from India with awards and ackolads from all over the world check out the $10 lunch bufffet!!!

2) Peter the little Italina guy that owns Bonkers on Wellington is a decorated Italian cheff who put Giovanis on the Map in the 80's and 90's go in and see him for his daily specail ususally aroun $6 it is as good or better than anything you will get on Preston st.!

I alos realy like dropping into Fetuccini's on Elgin for the Pasta of the day it is all made fresh on site and it is very good.

Swiss Pasteris on Richmond rd. has a deli counter and it is fantastic, of course the local made desserts are not shabby either and try the presure brewed coffee.

I should stop now or I will ruin my book sales!! Ottawa's Restaurant and food guide :D (just kidding about the book I know some of you beleive every word I say)

I have to agree about the coconut lagoon ' plus they have alot of gluten free items for my dad, their lunch buffet is small but delicious.

My favs:

Royal Oak (Orleans): chicken wings. $5.99 for 10, Mon/Tues nites - a great deal. Very plump. Apparently imported from Brazil of all places. Also have a great burger, if you don't want anything overly fancy.

The Works: Burgers, and those sweet potato fries....yes! No McDonald's for this girl.

House of Pizza (Orleans - Convent Glen): The owners make their own dough and sauce from scratch and use the "good cheese" that doesn't look like oil floating on top of rubber when it's cooked.

Pilos (Montreal Road): for Greek...reasonably priced and always delicious.

I have to agree that the wings at The Roayal Oak in Orleans are amazing

St. Hubert: For chicken. Plumper and moister than Swiss Chalet. I like the sauce better too. But having first sampled the original when I lived in Montreal as a kid, I'm kind of partial to it. Believe it or not they also make a pretty good steak according to a few family members who have tried them more than once. I like the St. Laurent location the best.:mrgreen:

The wings atv Royal Oak are amazing and great. I play poker there on Mondays in a free roll tpourney for points!

I have favourite places to eat, but I'm lousy with names.

I'll second the Sea King, Shark Fin Restaurant on Merivale, and Gerbo's in Smiths Falls ( I grew up around there). A hidden gem is SF is the Lotus House. Great Cantonese takeout.

Someone mentioned chip wagons. I don't remember the name of it, but theres a great chip wagon on Carling, right in front of the Produce Depot and a Beer Store. Best fries around. J.T.'s Fries I think. I believe it's west of Woodroffe.

And buffet yangming on Merivale (Emerald Plaza). Good, cheap easy chinese buffet.

Edited by smilingdragon
remembered another name

Personally, for Smiths Falls Chinese, I always prefer Lam's Gardens Buffet & Restaurant over the Lotus House.

if you like italien, robbie's, on the corner of st-laurent and belfast.

Oh ya..little "Italian", then right into the strip bar the Nuden right around the block..lol:boobies:

Personally, for Smiths Falls Chinese, I always prefer Lam's Gardens Buffet & Restaurant over the Lotus House.

You guys need to try ManLing on Main St W in SF (used to be on Beckwith) ........ got both those places beat. But it's not a buffet if that's what you're into. If I had to pick those 2 I would agree Lam's over LH for buffet.

BTW, great new fish n chips place opened in the Falls, Nick's on Russell St downtown. SO said it was best she ever had. (I don't eat the stuff)

I don't think this has been mentioned yet:

Oz Kafe on Elgin Street. Delicious, and the owner is a sweetheart! Best of all, their kitchen is open later than norm, and the cocktails are to die for!

Oh ya..little "Italian", then right into the strip bar the Nuden right around the block..lol:boobies:

how do you think i discovered the restaurent.

I'm currently mowing down the most delicious deep-fried coconut shrimp and seriously, I wasn't expecting them to be so yummy! I've almost eaten the entire box and it's supposed to be for two people!

Shanghai, I love you.

the cocktails are to die for!

sweetie you haven't tasted my cocktails yet..lol:bddog:

Do they come with a fruit garnish? :D

I think Pete usually has a few tomatoes on the side :mrgreen:

I think Pete usually has a few tomatoes on the side :mrgreen:

Naaaww,no,no,no slurp...fruit man,feeding it to your lady nothing like it, fresh strawberries,pineapple,grapes,melon and frozen cool whip to play with:bjs:

and sipping on oj and champagne8-)

Well damn.. That makes the pineapple I'm currently noshing on seem suddenly .. lacking.

Posted via Mobile Device

Are those the nanas from last night ? Little wonder.

Theres a great little all you can eat Japanese restaurant across from Zellers on Merivale near Meadowlands. They bring the food to your table and they bring it in small quanities so you can order 3 or 4 dishes at a time. All the waitress were female oriental women, and hot to boot at the two times i went.

In the same mall actually next door is Romeo Donair.

They make the worlds best Donair, I can't even find a place that can come even close in matching.

The former owner Mike made his from scratch and His driver who bought the place kept the tradition and the same quality in food. Its agreat little place for a snack.:smileysmontrefesse::-P:shock::D